What is ESOC Patch?
- Cheat protection
- New maps
- No major gameplay changes
- Easy to install
- Automatic updates
- Easy switch between ESOC and regular patch
The ESOC Patch is a balance patch designed to improve the gameplay experience without making major gameplay changes. There are also new and well balanced maps created by our talented map team. Best of all - it has protection against known cheats.
Q: What’s this “EP” thing everyone is talking about?
A: The ESO-community Patch is a balance and maps patch designed to improve the gameplay experience while changing as little as necessary.
Q: Does EP work for vanilla AoE3?
A: No, the patch is for The Asian Dynasties only.
Q: Can I still play non-EP games?
A: Yes! After installing, you'll simply have two desktop icons: TAD and the EP.
Q: Are the ESOC maps included in this patch?
A: All the maps from the ESOC tournaments have been included in the patch for rated play.
Q: Does the EP protect me against cheaters?
A: The patch team has implemented protections and will continue to improve them in order to keep the EP a safe place to play.
Q: Is this based on the AgeSanctuary FanPatch?
A: The EP is a new project unrelated to AS FP.
Q: When I get on ESO, all the games show up as “CRC mismatch!”
A: Games that show CRC are games that are not hosted on the EP.
Q: Can I play the EP on GameRanger?
A: Yes, GameRanger is now supported (as of 18.104.22.168). To use with GameRanger:
1) Launch GameRanger.
2) Run the ESOC Patch Launcher, and when asked about configuring for GR, select "Yes".
3) Close the launcher. Play on GR as desired.
4) Re-launch the launcher to return the game to normal to allow you to play on ESO or RE on GameRanger again.
Q: My EP launcher is crashing, what do?
A: Ensure you have the latest version of the launcher. You may need to manually reinstall to get it. If you still experience crashing, post in the tech support forum
Q: How do the simultaneous installs work? Will it take up a lot of space on my computer?
A: The EP utilizes the most advanced modding techniques, which means that it essentially is coded as small expansion to your game and only takes up approximately 30 MB of space.
Q: How will I get new updates for the EP?
A: The ESOC Patch Launcher will automatically prompt you to keep your game up to date. Once you’ve installed the patch, you’ll won’t have to reinstall or fumble with files every time the patch updates: the latest version is always one click away.
Q: Does the EP work with the Steam version of the game?
A: Yes, the EP works with any method of purchase.
Q: I lost my desktop shortcut. How do I create a new one?
A: You can fix this with one of two methods:
- Another shortcut is available in the Start menu: All programs: ESO Community Patch.
- Right click on this shortcut to find the option to copy it to your desktop.
- Browse to your game's installation directory, which is either "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Age of Empires 3\bin"
- Right click on "ESOCPatchLauncher.exe"and select “Send to… Desktop”.
Q: I play the PC version of the game on a Mac. Can I play the FP?
A: We have not worked this out yet. Sorry!
Q: The EP simply does not do anything when I launch it.
A: Make sure you have the .NET 4.0 runtime and the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable (x86) (32-bit) installed. The former most people already have, and the latter is bundled with the installer, but reinstalling both might fix things.
.NET 4.0: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718
Visual C++ 2013: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784