EP makes the middle portion of all maps seriously bugged

Technical Support for installation and running of the EP.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Re: EP makes the middle portion of all maps seriously bugged

Post by Rikikipu »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Took a quick look on the code dealing with this..
What is the purpose of the "EP ELO" object?
Why does it need to be assigned to an actual player?

Commenting out the following lines fixes the bug, but perhaps breaks something else:

Code: Select all

//   rmAddTriggerEffect("Convert");
//   rmSetTriggerEffectParamInt("SrcObject", rmGetUnitPlaced(Elo,0));
//   rmSetTriggerEffectParamInt("PlayerID", 1);

Seeing how this is written, the bug probably only affects the hosting player, though I haven't tested that.
The function seems like it should be dealing with mercs, but in some obscure way unlike the original code by ES. Where is the actual merc logic? Seems like my mercs were enabled correctly even after I commented out the aforementioned lines.

Esocleaks :(
Idk if I can talk much about of this projet, but we are doing our own Elo (collecting datas since June iirc). It hasn't been released yet because it's not totally ready to use, Buckethead is working on it. The tapir allows us to collect datas for this Elo. Unfortunately the dragbox issue wasn't something easy to anticipate. Musketeer925 is currently working on updating the patch as I'm not totally ready to manage the EP yet. But it takes time to do it because there are actually various bugs in the current patch and also it raises some issues anyway :
- recorded games in the tourney are going to be splitted between 2 versions of the patch.
- What about Mac players ?
I hope this post has clarified a bit the situation
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

it was awkward not to fix it in the first place, but now that the tournament is in its peak we shouldnt really change the patch IMO
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

pecelot wrote:it was awkward not to fix it in the first place, but now that the tournament is in its peak we shouldnt really change the patch IMO

Between what we want to do and what we can do, there is a big gap (in this case due to lack of dev people mostly). This applies also in every project IRL overall :D
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Aizamk wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:What is the purpose of the "EP ELO" object?

:hmm:

Are you suggesting it should be obvious?
This object is created in a function called "chooseMercs" in the file "mercenaries.xs" and I haven't seen any Mercenary ELO featured anywhere on EP.

Thanks Riki for the explanation :flowers:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

pecelot wrote:it was awkward not to fix it in the first place, but now that the tournament is in its peak we shouldnt really change the patch IMO

Ehh, yea, I guess it's a bit dangerous to roll out an update now, especially since Riki mentioned there are some other issues with the patch development currently.
Then again, we'll have to hope this bug doesn't ruin any matches in later tournament stages.

Rikikipu wrote:Between what we want to do and what we can do, there is a big gap (in this case due to lack of dev people mostly). This applies also in every project IRL overall :D

Where do I send my résumé? :ugeek:

Rikikipu wrote:it raises some issues anyway :
- recorded games in the tourney are going to be splitted between 2 versions of the patch.

- I guess that could be a little awkward if the change causes OOS in recs. EP launcher already has a tool for exactly that kind of issue though.
- What about them? I'm not familiar with playing on a Mac, but as I understand it they are just emulating Windows anyway?

On another note, I have tried to build buildings over the tapir and it seems that kills him, possibly breaking the ELO functionality. IMO this object should be a flying tapir and placed on the edge of maps, instead of in the middle portion (much like Aiz has done before).
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

Ehh, yea, I guess it's a bit dangerous to roll out an update now, especially since Riki mentioned there are some other issues with the patch development currently.
Then again, we'll have to hope this bug doesn't ruin any matches in later tournament stages.

Rikikipu wrote:Between what we want to do and what we can do, there is a big gap (in this case due to lack of dev people mostly). This applies also in every project IRL overall :D

Where do I send my résumé? :ugeek:

Rikikipu wrote:it raises some issues anyway :

- I guess that could be a little awkward if the change causes OOS in recs. EP launcher already has a tool for exactly that kind of issue though.
- What about them? I'm not familiar with playing on a Mac, but as I understand it they are just emulating Windows anyway?

On another note, I have tried to build buildings over the tapir and it seems that kills him, possibly breaking the ELO functionality. IMO this object should be a flying tapir and placed on the edge of maps, instead of in the middle portion (much like Aiz has done before).

Pm me if you want to help out
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

So this is where all the sudden UI cheating is coming from...