Esoc patch issue

Technical Support for installation and running of the EP.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Esoc patch issue

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Hi, my operating system is windows 10 (x64Bit) The last update doesn't let me launch the patch. When clicked on EP, it asked for an update, after done it, patch doesn't work. Regular RE patch is still working.

So, EP says:

"The Esoc patch has failed to start"

-->"The most likely cause is that the Visual C++ 2013(x86) is not properly installed. We recommend manually installing the Visual C++ 2013( x86) directly from Microsoft. Would you like to open the download link in your browser? If you continue to have issues, please contact the ESO-Community team for support."

So I installed the Visual C++2013 stuff, from the browser, installed it but it doesn't work. Tried to unistall and install it again, manually but didn't have effects. Then it says for last: "An expected error has occurred with the ESOC launcher, we are sorry for the inconvenience".

How do I fix?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Esoc patch issue

Post by Gendarme »

Windows 8.1 64 bit here. I got this prompt: "Couldn't start the program because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing on the computer. You can try to fix the issue by reinstalling the program." (Not a real quote, a translation of the quote from Swedish).

And then I got the same error message as you from the launcher.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Sorry about this -- looks like we accidentally compiled with 2015 rather than 2013. I think we'll hotfix back to 2013, but in the meantime you may be able to play again by getting Visual C++ 2015.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:Hi, my operating system is windows 10 (x64Bit) The last update doesn't let me launch the patch. When clicked on EP, it asked for an update, after done it, patch doesn't work. Regular RE patch is still working.

So, EP says:

-->"The most likely cause is that the Visual C++ 2013(x86) is not properly installed. We recommend manually installing the Visual C++ 2013( x86) directly from Microsoft. Would you like to open the download link in your browser? If you continue to have issues, please contact the ESO-Community team for support."

So I installed the Visual C++2013 stuff, from the browser, installed it but it doesn't work. Tried to unistall and install it again, manually but didn't have effects. Then it says for last: "An expected error has occurred with the ESOC launcher, we are sorry for the inconvenience".

How do I fix?

Same here
shit juice :hmm:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

it works for me but the whole patch is still buggy af
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Works fine for me. For some reason it needs a few tries to get it to connect to ESO.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

gibson wrote:it works for me but the whole patch is still buggy af

Can you develop please, we are currently working on somethings
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:Works fine for me. For some reason it needs a few tries to get it to connect to ESO.

ESO has been going down erratically today. Not likely the EP.

@gibson what do you mean by buggy?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Aoe3 re patch runs just fine on my pc. Completely smoothe with no issues. However, on ep every single time I go into game the game freezes up and the windows message that says aoe3 has stopped responding, would you like to wait or force the program to close comes up. It always unfreezes after like 30 secs but its annoying
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:Hi, my operating system is windows 10 (x64Bit) The last update doesn't let me launch the patch. When clicked on EP, it asked for an update, after done it, patch doesn't work. Regular RE patch is still working.

So, EP says:

How do I fix?

you're having the same issues as I, from the sound of it
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America doublehelix2569
Crossbow
ESO: doublehelix

Post by doublehelix2569 »

I'm having a problem patching in general. I had patched to version 2.0.0.4 last night, but each time I open the patcher it tells me to update to it again. When I try to, it completes the download then closes without installing. This makes it so that I am unable to launch the game "for an unknown reason". Is there a way to manually download patch 2.0.0.4 then manually install it?

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the patch, and I have restarted my computer after doing so more than once. Attached is the log file if it helps anyone.
Attachments
Launcher Exception 31-10-2016 00.44.42.log
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Talked with musketeer925 on eso and he said he's going to fix soon
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

I just released the update that fix it, let me know if it works.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

After latest update it says I need Visual C++ 2013( x86) .. I already have this installed and when i reinstall visual c is still doesnt work?
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Same here. Updated again but the same issue is still there. Maybe I do need Visual C++ 2015 to make it working, but then why does it ask me the 2013 ? I downloaded and installed Visual C++2013 (x86) but nothing.

@musketeer925
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

I just checked and my pc has actually Visual c++ 2005,2008,2013,2015 Pretty much every one installed lol and still not working.
Crossbow

I'm still having that patching issue where the patcher just closes after downloading the patch and doesn't install it. I'm not sure if that log is because of the error trying to open the program or because of the patching error I'm getting.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Now I'm having the same error as marco. (was ok before, it has stopped working with today's update.)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

let's just sit tight and wait for the EP team to take a nice look at the issue. give 'em the time it takes and it'll be sorted out, i don't doubt

they're doing big things after all. :kinggreen:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

The ESOC Council agrees that there may be an issue with this and expects the relevant authorities to resolve it.
Top quality poster.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Last advice that I can give you is maybe to install all the Visual studio 2013 software.
Although it's not elegant at all xD, it may work.
We are currently trying to understand what's wrong with your installation
Crossbow

Yesterday all of my visual studio error issues were fixed after I downloaded both the 32-bit and 64-bit Visual Studio 2015 redistributable.

The issue I was having before was fixed when I downloaded the installer off the website. For some reason my launcher wasn't patching correctly, but the current installer on the main page is for 2.0.0.5
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Rikikipu wrote:Last advice that I can give you is maybe to install all the Visual studio 2013 software.
Although it's not elegant at all xD, it may work.
We are currently trying to understand what's wrong with your installation
Wow thanks a lot for your support!
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

lemmings121 wrote:Now I'm having the same error as marco. (was ok before, it has stopped working with today's update.)
Same error as me? Copycat.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

@Rikikipu @Buckethead

any update for this issue is expected?
or the problem should be delt in users end?