Better overview of Casted games

No Flag querty
Skirmisher

Better overview of Casted games

Post by querty »

Hey folks,
this is something I wish to exist for longer now and since esoc has a media team now maybe its time to discuss that. I'm thinking of a fixed topic in the tournament section, maybe even attached to the sidebar of this website. It's always great if there is a news post with streaming tables on the homepage, like it is now, but this isn't that often the case. At least there are a lot of streamed and commented games i just notice 'by accident', because I don't have the time to look through all the schedule topics.

So i'd just like to ask: Am i the only one with this impression? How can we make tournament casting more well-arranged? Or is everything fine as it is for you?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Better overview of Casted games

Post by deleted_user0 »

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4704

and

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4664

so it already exists (and it did in summer too)
No Flag 91
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by 91 »

I can agree it would be nice with an easily accessable timetable of all planned streams, from either a link, or on the start page. It's not always the case that you want to first find any active tournaments, and look through the threads to find casting threads.

-I think what you also mean is that instead of having it only in the specific tournament forum, display everything in one place? (same place no matter which tournament is currently running)
No Flag querty
Skirmisher

Post by querty »

@umeu
querty wrote:It's always great if there is a news post with streaming tables on the homepage, like it is now, but that isn't that often the case.

I could be wrong about it tho.

91 wrote: display everything in one place?

Yeah exactly.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The thing is, about half of the streams arent even planned. Or well, I get caught by surprise almost as often as you do. We try to get as many on the weekend as possible so that we can preview them and have people get hyped, but we are completely limited by the players scheduling..

Sometimes the players just ignore us. For example gua vs optimus is a betting match so we really wanted to get it streamed. They just decided to play game one without telling anyone yesterday which really annoyed me.

The home page news post should be there every week, but theres very little time to make once since we are, once again, limited by the annoyingly low speed people schedule at.

Long story short: what you are saying we should do is already being done as much as possible. If we could we'd announce everything even better but that is just not possible. Best solution is to follow the twitch channel, turn on notifications and check the youtube for casted games you missed.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I propose to get rid of the group stage in the side bar and replace it with a stream schedule thread. Also highlight that in the sidebar so it attracts the eyes
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The most important part of scheduling and everything related to it is the players. If the players don't schedule, we can't give you a news post.

You can see the currently scheduled matches in the topic Umeu linked though. There will be a thread for this for every round. I agree it should appear in the sidebar
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:The most important part of scheduling and everything related to it is the players. If the players don't schedule, we can't give you a news post.

You can see the currently scheduled matches in the topic Umeu linked though. There will be a thread for this for every round. I agree it should appear in the sidebar

+1
Taunt 3
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Can you link what should be put in the side-bar? I can put it in myself, if you want. Won't be able to make it visible though.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4664

Name is something like RO64 Stream Schedule