why french so popular now?

Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Re: why french so popular now?

Post by britishmusketeer »

Kaiserklein wrote:You can't beat musk cav by attack moving uhlan skirms

who goes musk cav anymore vs ger apart from jap?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:

brits. india.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Howdah

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:who goes musk cav anymore vs ger apart from jap?

brits. india.

Brits will make lbows vs ger and india will go gurkha zam.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:who goes musk cav anymore vs ger apart from jap?

brits. india.

gurkha/zamb lose to skirm/WW because vet>standard stats
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:
Show hidden quotes

gurkha/zamb lose to skirm/WW because vet>standard stats

you get smarter and smarter my boy
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

britishmusketeer wrote:

We were here talking about japs, which is why I said that. But france still does, india does then transitions into skirm goon, brit does then add lb, russia does then adds strels, even otto can jan huss vs ger... So it's 6 civs out of 14
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Howdah

Kaiserklein wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

We were here talking about japs, which is why I said that. But france still does, india does then transitions into skirm goon, brit does then add lb, russia does then adds strels, even otto can jan huss vs ger... So it's 6 civs out of 14

french musk semi now that people realised that you can't stop ger aging, as for the others when you fight them your not going to be up against musk huss so its not that relevant as to whether attack moving uhlans and skims is the way to go.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It is not even true that you can't stop Ger aging. Sometimes you can. Just people tend to oversimplify things.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes

french musk semi now that people realised that you can't stop ger aging, as for the others when you fight them your not going to be up against musk huss so its not that relevant as to whether attack moving uhlans and skims is the way to go.

You mean : france goes musk semi now that lordraphael wrote it was the way to go. I'm not saying it's bad, just I don't think it's because people realized anything, just because they were told so and because they tend to follow the meta, which is semi ffing. Honestly tho I think musk cav just works better vs ger, because for one thing trying to match germany in what it's the best (semi ffing) isn't a good idea imo, better abuse their weak colonial. At least musk semi is nice because you can abuse the fact ger don't have musks and get tp control and stuff, way better than the cav semi I used to see which is just playing into germany's hands.

Another reason is you can actually stop germany from ageing up. It depends on the maps obviously, but at the very least, you can force it into staying colonial longer, send colo military shipments, destroy tps, call mm, etc. After that their semi won't seem as op as before. I think we all noticed how h2o went colo with ger in his tourney games. He could have probs aged up there and still win, but it seemed to him at that moment that staying colo would be better. Maybe because otherwise a jan/huss or musk/cav timing would have harmed him. I mean he wouldn't have decided to stay colo if he hadn't been forced to... Which shows you can actually force germany into delaying its age up

Garja wrote:It is not even true that you can't stop Ger aging. Sometimes you can. Just people tend to oversimplify things.

Exactly
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Oh and also you are going to be against musk cav when you age up. I don't think those civs should mix before their timing push. If you already have RI at ger tc when he just aged up, he will most likely just win with full cav or cav + 8 skirms. You need to go really heavy on cav against ger before 10 min, I don't think you can afford RI there. Then once you forced him into making WW you have to mix RI, but that's just a bit later in the game.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Kaiserklein wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You mean : france goes musk semi now that lordraphael wrote it was the way to go. I'm not saying it's bad, just I don't think it's because people realized anything, just because they were told so and because they tend to follow the meta, which is semi ffing. Honestly tho I think musk cav just works better vs ger, because for one thing trying to match germany in what it's the best (semi ffing) isn't a good idea imo, better abuse their weak colonial. At least musk semi is nice because you can abuse the fact ger don't have musks and get tp control and stuff, way better than the cav semi I used to see which is just playing into germany's hands.

Another reason is you can actually stop germany from ageing up. It depends on the maps obviously, but at the very least, you can force it into staying colonial longer, send colo military shipments, destroy tps, call mm, etc. After that their semi won't seem as op as before. I think we all noticed how h2o went colo with ger in his tourney games. He could have probs aged up there and still win, but it seemed to him at that moment that staying colo would be better. Maybe because otherwise a jan/huss or musk/cav timing would have harmed him. I mean he wouldn't have decided to stay colo if he hadn't been forced to... Which shows you can actually force germany into delaying its age up

Garja wrote:It is not even true that you can't stop Ger aging. Sometimes you can. Just people tend to oversimplify things.

Exactly

People don't go musk semi because some pr40 guy told them to. They do this because it's an easier way to win. I personally also prefer the musk semi instead of musk huss, although this is probably a bit biased since I don't like playing colo vs fortress anyways. Also French's fortress is just as good if not better than Germany's fortress. I'm pretty sure my winrate vs Germany is higher now than when I used to do musk huss.

I also don't believe your musk huss stops Germany from aging. If you have units in his base he has uhlan in your base and if you try to catch those raids you'll lose to a skirm/ww pop.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:People don't go musk semi because some pr40 guy told them to. They do this because it's an easier way to win. I personally also prefer the musk semi instead of musk huss, although this is probably a bit biased since I don't like playing colo vs fortress anyways. Also French's fortress is just as good if not better than Germany's fortress. I'm pretty sure my winrate vs Germany is higher now than when I used to do musk huss.

I also don't believe your musk huss stops Germany from aging. If you have units in his base he has uhlan in your base and if you try to catch those raids you'll lose to a skirm/ww pop.

Yet I never saw musks semi vs ger until very recently, if people were doing it just because it's an easier way to win I'd have seen that before.
French fort is obviously better in the longer run because of goons and cuirs being really good, but the problem is early fort where france gets outmassed. Unless they manage to harm germany earlier, that is.
I don't understand this thing about raids, I've heard it quite a lot. If you're in his base he can indeed raid you, so what ? You're in his base as well, so you're basically raiding him too. And also burning his shit. And if ger tried to semi you have more army in colo so you can both raid and defend raids, with for example 5+5 huss.
I do sometimes lose to ger doing musk huss, but most of time it's because ger decided to play colo and managed to win that way, not because they aged up. Ofc you will never really "force" ger to colonial, I mean you won't take tc down before they hit fort obviously. But you can force them to screw their semi and have a weaker early fort, or simply to age up (much) later.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

I believe I first saw semi musk vs ger in like 2007 when ourk was doing it, nothing too fancy here.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

benj89 wrote:I believe I first saw semi musk vs ger in like 2007 when ourk was doing it, nothing too fancy here.

I almost never had to play vs a musks semi before as ger, now it's 1 game out of 2
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

lordraph is the new meta then, gonna make some jealous
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Because it is a good build lol.
Sioux players didn't use to train brs before 2008-2009.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

tp was 250w before, and sioux BR was 100f100g then.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

the games are becoming more and more boring now.
it used to be otto, iro, otto, iro.
and now it's french, german, french, german.
at least iro and otto have unique units and strategies.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

That's such a silly thing to say. People are always going to play whatever civ(s) they consider the strongest, but with the tournament rules in place civilization match-ups have never been more diverse than this.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

When I first got aoe in 2005, "lordkrol" the only civ i played and picked was France. I never played any other because I'm a one civ wonder. It's not because I thought france was the strongest, I didn't know shit about aoe3 when I picked france. I simply picked a civ and stuck to it. People just find a civ they are most comfortable playing and they play it.

I tried ottomans for the first time in my life against anxiety in the tourney LOL bad time to do a civ first time but I almost beat him with it, they were fun to play.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

zoom wrote:That's such a silly thing to say. People are always going to play whatever civ(s) they consider the strongest, but with the tournament rules in place civilization match-ups have never been more diverse than this.

Not really
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

If it were me, you wouldn't get civ resets!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

Tbh honest it's nice to see civ diversity but being the best player doesn't require to play a lot civ just master one and be a beast with it. That said though i'd rather watch diverse matches and the current rules helped in that regard
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

deuxballesman wrote:Tbh honest it's nice to see civ diversity but being the best player doesn't require to play a lot civ just master one and be a beast with it. That said though i'd rather watch diverse matches and the current rules helped in that regard

That's not true.
It is true on a perfectly balanced game, but on aoe3, if you master dutch or spain perfectly, you will probably lose to some people who aren t as good as you.
Also, unlike in games like sc2 where you can do 30 different bos with a race, you only have less than 3 viable bos in most MUs.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

Agreed on the difference with sc2. I know you should play more than one civ but I see no reason why you should change civ to prove you're a better player. Actually just a winner picks first rule is okay as long as you are fine with seeing the same match-ups all over again!