Move stream to Youtube Gamming

Do you think we should move to Youtube Gaming?

Yes, I think we should use Youtube Gaming.
64%
No, I think we should continue using Twitch.
36%

Total votes: 55

No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Re: Move stream to Youtube Gamming

Post by purplesquid »

deleted_user wrote:Consider this situation. We apply for twitch partnership and get it, meaning quality options all the time. Will zutazuta continue to stream Saturday Smackdown on his personal channel? I think without Smackdown and without a current tourney, esoctv puts out almost no content :S

I forgot about that. Having SS on the ESOCTV would go a long way to partnership. . .
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Mimsy for President wrote:
Jerom wrote:If you read some more they go in depth about how the 500+ viewers is a general guideline, and how they easily make exceptions especially for unique streams or streams that represent a game. If we tell them we are the premiere aoe3 channel and then remember twitch staff that aoe3 is like the 30th game being sold on steam atm, I am pretty sure we will at least get quality options (which doesnt equal being a twitch partner anyways).
The staff hasn't told them yet ?! I thought it was in process :(

purplesquid wrote:Is there any reason we can't stream to both site simultaneously?
No.

No? Wouldn't the streamer need twice as much upload speed and processing power to broadcast on both sites simultaneously? Seems like a solid reason, I don't think many of our streamers would be able to do that, if any..
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Just do both for now. Lack of QO is absolutely killing the streams...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I was under the impression that internet too shitty to watch streams (theyre like 1500 bitrate) only existed in Africa lol.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

#whynotboth

trying out a proof of concept atm:
http://www.twitch.tv/zutazuta
http://gaming.youtube.com/zutazuta123
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

It works so #whynotboth

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Zutazuta wrote:#whynotboth

trying out a proof of concept atm:
http://www.twitch.tv/zutazuta
http://gaming.youtube.com/zutazuta123

Just tried to watch on youtube and twitch. Guess what?
On Twitch it buffers every 10 seconds; on YouTube it never buffers even on max quality(1080p60).
Bangladesh vaal_no_3
Crossbow
ESO: vaal_no_3

Post by vaal_no_3 »

IMO youtube is best over twitch.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

How many times do we have to say that the buffering on twitch is NOT about SPEED or internet quality.
It has nothing to do with being poor.
Nonsense.
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

initially youtube streams may receive less viewers, but if u advertise the channel through various mediums for lets say the quater-finals of ongoing tournament and make it appear in the side bar like twitch stream; I m sure we will get more viewers on youtube.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Hagi is right, for me, sometimes twitch buffers on 2000 KB bitrate, and sometimes it doesnt even on higher (i have a screenshot of watching Interjections stream at 3500 KB bitrate without buffering
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Weird, it never does that for me. It did that in the past when twitch servers were overloaded for Europe.. Maybe when it buffers for some its because there is a huge LoL tournament going on or something?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Interesting: https://m.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/ ... egathread/

Using a vpn to connect to a different server fixes the issue sometimes it seems.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Btw this also means that you'll probably need twice the bandwidth, I think. Hopefully you don't need to encode twice.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Can admins add YouTube streams in the side bar like Twitch?
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

Jerom wrote:Interesting: https://m.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/ ... egathread/

Using a vpn to connect to a different server fixes the issue sometimes it seems.

I was asked to do a poll, I did, but it seems that you want to ignore..
Look at the answers of community users, look at the poll.. Peoples want to change, some of them are having issues, see the reports.
But it seems that you care only viewers, not with the community..

You will ask to all people do it just because you refuse to change to YouTube Gamming? rofl

_NiceKING_ wrote:Can admins add YouTube streams in the side bar like Twitch?

There are few streams on Youtube Gamming yet, just add the ESOC.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

_NiceKING_ wrote:Can admins add YouTube streams in the side bar like Twitch?

They can.
-The real question is will they want because they wanna get partnership on twitch..
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

iNcog wrote:Btw this also means that you'll probably need twice the bandwidth, I think. Hopefully you don't need to encode twice.
Or someone else than the Twitch caster can capture what's happening on Twitch/his browser.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

iNcog wrote:Btw this also means that you'll probably need twice the bandwidth, I think. Hopefully you don't need to encode twice.
Or someone else than the Twitch caster can capture what's happening on Twitch/his browser.

You encode twice -> bad quality; you need two streamers and we often struggle to get ONE with good bandwidth. x)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

Zuta did both and didn't have any problem at all. So #whynotboth.

Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

sdsanft wrote:Zuta did both and didn't have any problem at all. So #whynotboth.

Zuta also has the bandwidth of several small countries.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

iNcog wrote:

You encode twice -> bad quality; you need two streamers and we often struggle to get ONE with good bandwidth. x)
Good point.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Hey Buckethead,

We've not been ignoring you and we've discussed streaming the tournament games via youtube gaming before. Back then we concluded the service was too new for a small community with a small viewer base to use and that there wasn't any demand for it anyways, so we stayed on twitch. Looking at our current options we can either try to get a twitch partnership (possible, but very hard) or move our streams to Youtube Gaming (extremely easy). One major drawback about moving our streams is the lack of viewers and the lack of random people passing by our twitch stream. Although your pros seem to outweight your cons in the OP, viewers are a very important matter.

This weekend, we will stream the RO8 on both Youtube Gaming and Twitch. After this weekend, we will consider switching to Youtube Gaming permanently. The poll tells me the community wants to switch, however, so if the viewer base stays around the same number (combined) I'll be happy to switch personally. If you still have any questions and/or remarks feel free to leave a reply in this thread or send me a private message and I will take a look at it.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

If you need content to stream after the tounament you could always host some other tourneys. A 2v2 tournament, 3v3 tournament, treaty tournament, Nilla tournament, etc. I don't know how hard any of those would be to organize, but even without a cash prize I'm sure many people would still signup and/or watch.

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

sdsanft wrote:If you need content to stream after the tounament you could always host some other tourneys. A 2v2 tournament, 3v3 tournament, treaty tournament, Nilla tournament, etc. I don't know how hard any of those would be to organize, but even without a cash prize I'm sure many people would still signup and/or watch.

It'd probably be very hard to organize. Scheduling is already a huge hassle for just 1v1s, I imagine it becomes increasingly difficult with just two more players. This requires a lot of time and effort from the staff, which they probably don't have. And increasing the staff size is also probably not a good idea.

And team tourneys with no money would probably lower the talent pool, which in turn lowers viewer count.

I like what we have now. I like the quality > quantity. I like the large prize pool bi-annual/quarterly 1v1 tournaments which consistently recruit big name players and develop hype matches. I like weekly Saturday smackdown and the bo7 is the perfect amount. I don't really think we need *more.* I think we need *better.* And a lot of times better can mean, variety. Difference. Something to spice it up a bit.

Newer, different maps, better balance, a reworked Saturday smackdown. These are all ideas currently in fruition that improve the quality of age of empires content without increasing the quantity and over saturating the market. The decision to potentially move to YT streaming is a big one that falls into this quality argument.

I just really can't stress this quality argument enough. Building a base of quality casters through practice, quality streamers, etc would do much more for us than more quantity. The average consumer has become accustomed to high, professional quality in their media consumption. If that isn't there, it won't be watched, plain and simple.