Move stream to Youtube Gamming

Do you think we should move to Youtube Gaming?

Yes, I think we should use Youtube Gaming.
64%
No, I think we should continue using Twitch.
36%

Total votes: 55

Norway tibia
Musketeer
ESO: Tibia

Re: Move stream to Youtube Gamming

Post by tibia »

i would so be down for a team challenge a weekend, let some of the top team players duke it out in a JPC style tournament
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I vote youtube gaming cause more people can watch stream whithout lag there.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:
sdsanft wrote:If you need content to stream after the tounament you could always host some other tourneys. A 2v2 tournament, 3v3 tournament, treaty tournament, Nilla tournament, etc. I don't know how hard any of those would be to organize, but even without a cash prize I'm sure many people would still signup and/or watch.

It'd probably be very hard to organize. Scheduling is already a huge hassle for just 1v1s, I imagine it becomes increasingly difficult with just two more players. This requires a lot of time and effort from the staff, which they probably don't have. And increasing the staff size is also probably not a good idea.

And team tourneys with no money would probably lower the talent pool, which in turn lowers viewer count.

I like what we have now. I like the quality > quantity. I like the large prize pool bi-annual/quarterly 1v1 tournaments which consistently recruit big name players and develop hype matches. I like weekly Saturday smackdown and the bo7 is the perfect amount. I don't really think we need *more.* I think we need *better.* And a lot of times better can mean, variety. Difference. Something to spice it up a bit.

Newer, different maps, better balance, a reworked Saturday smackdown. These are all ideas currently in fruition that improve the quality of age of empires content without increasing the quantity and over saturating the market. The decision to potentially move to YT streaming is a big one that falls into this quality argument.

I just really can't stress this quality argument enough. Building a base of quality casters through practice, quality streamers, etc would do much more for us than more quantity. The average consumer has become accustomed to high, professional quality in their media consumption. If that isn't there, it won't be watched, plain and simple.

yeah I agree. If only we could get more native english speakers to give casting a shot (its just honestly 10 times easier to get good at it then).
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Alright, even if we don't have a tournament we could still stream high-level 2v2 games or treaty games for a saturday smackdown or something. THat would provide variety too.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

I think doing 2vs2 BO3 or BO5 on Saturday Smackdown while streaming on Youtube is going to be fun and entertaining to watch.. (quality options)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag CaptainKush
Crossbow

Post by CaptainKush »

From someone on the outside looking in who has watched the casting of: armada, jerom, interjection, veni, zuta, _h2o, musketjr, mr. bramboy, noel, tibia, incog, and probably a couple others I am missing off the top of my head, I have to say: I am very impressed with that aspect of this community. I have been watching so many hours lately, from new matches to old. The casting is all excellent. Some offer more in depth, very technical comments, while others generally attempt to make the game exciting and take a larger view. So far I like youtube much better compared to twitch, but if one was selected over the other, it wouldn't change how much/if I view the content.

Even though many casters are non-native english speakers, you can barely notice this. All of your spoken English is nearly perfect with some small minor errors that make no difference at all, IMO as a native speaker. And I agree that consistant streaming with small events is a good idea. I am not sure if there is a league or something already in existance with points, etc but this could be considered. It could be divided into 2-3 divisions so OP players are playing OP players, etc. Ppl could be willing to chip in 5-10 dollars here and there to build a pool for the winners. Anyway, I am new so I don't mean to make you think I know better than you all, perhaps this is an old idea.

Thanks for listening to my ideas if ya made it this far. ;)
Quintili Vare, legiones redde!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

The next challenge for the media team is trying to find ways to fill the gaps between tournaments. Maybe a H2O explains series, or just a top player explains series that is livestreamed with say, a Q&A at the end (day 9 dailyesque). That'd be really cool, although a lot of effort. It's gonna be interesting to see who step forward and how we can give new ideas a platform.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Jerom wrote:The next challenge for the media team is trying to find ways to fill the gaps between tournaments.

That's what I'm saying. You could stream 2v2 games or treaty games. They don't need to be tournaments but I'm sure you could find plenty of people willing to play in bo3 or bo5 series on a Saturday smackdown or even another time.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

nonononono youtube is walled in china :(
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Couprider wrote:nonononono youtube is walled in china :(

I didnt know that. I feel wiser now. :ugeek:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Okay so its very hard to stream on both youtube and twitch at the same time. I can barely watch the stream and then stream it myself in lower quality when there are no quality options, which should sorta kinda fix the problem. Maybe I can convince jim to just stream it to youtube in hd next time.