ESOC Tibet
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 1.0
Length: 23 minutes
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Re: Mitoe vs ramex12

Post by DivineFire »

I have recorded the results of this match.

This data will be reflected in the bracket stage summary page.

Winter Tournament Bracket Stage

Please make sure you check your standings are accurate.
Taunt 3
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

That china mirror is so good.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

This whole series was pretty good and could have gone both ways in every game.
Game 1: Mitoe lost a dozen of cav in exchange of 2 villages, tower and couple. Sort of lost the next battle as well because of that. Ramex didn't have a tp. He ran out of hunts and lost the game, otherwise things were still pretty even.
Game 2: I feel like the worse was gone but then the final push was suicide. I mean it was the right call to make a move but going under TC that was calling for gg. Defo a hard MU for Russia but Ramex chose it :O
Game 3: as flawless the 4 bank semi was, it wasn't the best answer to Mitoe strategy imo. 3rd bank should be a TP and 3rd card should be 600w instead of bank wagon. Staying a bit longer in colo is actually good in that situation with 8pikes+huss doing their job of catching cav and Mitoe having delayed army mass because of stage coach. Could have took down a TP while making more huss and exploiting the huss superiority to control the game imo.
Image Image Image
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Finally someone renamed recordings. Good job!
No Flag codebla
Crossbow

Post by codebla »

I wonder most time for most people, once the strategy was settle down, they just followed it and tried everything they could to make it work while they did not prepare any plan B. So when the strategy went on the another side, they felt so angry and upset and shut all of the game rather than to figure out something to save it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Why did ramex go for russia as germany counterpick.. Isnt that like the hardest mu for russia?
France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

Jerom wrote:Why did ramex go for russia as germany counterpick.. Isnt that like the hardest mu for russia?

Thing is mitoe's german is very good and he has a lot of 1v1's experience as opposed to me, he knows what bo's to use against any civ etc...
I thought of going russia to try to prevent him the map and starve him, that was a way of avoiding build order loss, simply, and to get a game at least ^^
the mu is quite a lot german favored but I think russia can still pull it through with proper play. If I had gone at the bottom of the map hunt a bit his vils and put the blockhouse a bit back (at my tp for instance) and microed my cossacks a bit better at some points, I think this would have been doable. It's very hard of course but probably doable.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

You had a really good chance to win that game with the early TP, it was pretty scary and made me feel as though I couldn't age as early as I normally would vs Russia :P If I hadn't managed to trade armies with you near the TP line before I aged, I probably would've lost.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

That game was really nice, could have gone either way at quite a few points.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag codebla
Crossbow

Post by codebla »

Sure, I could not agree with you anymore. If a little space back and pushed step by step, you got chance in bet.
France ramex12
Skirmisher

Post by ramex12 »

yeah but fighting vs doppel uhl demands a lot of micro which is not the easiest in a tournament game ^^
No Flag opeltonop
Crossbow

Post by opeltonop »

ramex12 wrote:
Jerom wrote:Why did ramex go for russia as germany counterpick.. Isnt that like the hardest mu for russia?

Thing is mitoe's german is very good and he has a lot of 1v1's experience as opposed to me, he knows what bo's to use against any civ etc...
I thought of going russia to try to prevent him the map and starve him, that was a way of avoiding build order loss, simply, and to get a game at least ^^
the mu is quite a lot german favored but I think russia can still pull it through with proper play. If I had gone at the bottom of the map hunt a bit his vils and put the blockhouse a bit back (at my tp for instance) and microed my cossacks a bit better at some points, I think this would have been doable. It's very hard of course but probably doable.

Yea that was GG and you played well. I think you actually could have pulled off starving him if you hadn't have let him siege 1st BH so much for free. Looked like ur army was strong enough @ that point to harass from distance while he sieges and then pop more units. If i remember right, you did do that eventually, but it was too late and you had a stre batch like just barely too late or something. You played much better than I could have tho :P
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

china mirror
saige deer and 9 iron troops are all good shipments in this mu. if ramex send saiga deer for 28 deers (11200 food!) instead of spending 1200w for 3 rice paddies (and only half speed of hunting) he may win. if mitoe has 9 iron troop instaed of 9 manchu (but manchu is also useful) he may swipe 30+ arquebusiers with that.

russia vs german
if german pick a water deck and send 2 caravels to kill the blockhouse the game may end at 7:00 :) buiding the fb near the shore is dangerous.
russia may try a semiff as cav archers (and manchus) work well against german. with 3 upgraded tps age 3 russia dont lose to german necessarily.

dutch vs fre
5 tp is about 10wood/s. and can switch to send gold/food. 4 bank is 11gold/s. but 5 tp needs only 200f 1200w and can give you tons of xp before stagecoach, while 4 bank needs 1400f 1400w! and 440xp only.
this doesnt mean you should always go 5tp stagecoach on this map. but you should NEVER let your opponent get 5tp easily. (the same to aztec 10wp)
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

The series can also be found on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kurK10d3S3U
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming