Announcing ESOC Invitational May 2016

Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: Announcing ESOC Invitational May 2016

Post by lordraphael »

I think this is great and those players are pretty much the best aoe 3 can field atm (.........).
About my participation: I didnt expect to be invited, so I never checked for any possible messages and therefore didnt respond to the one I received. But even if I had gotten it in time i wouldnt have played anyways, because it would have meant time invested in aoe 3 which im not willing to do so atm.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Do you even play starcraft anymore raph?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

hunter wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yet he didn't finish high enough in order to be invited. I don't care if he threw the games; we used this system in order to prevent whining about the invitations and yet you people still manage to whine. Wonderful.

People are whining because this attitude is wrong for many reasons like 1) lot has changed between last tourney and now. Skill levels of players have changed etc.. 2) Your competitions are run by donations from members here and weather you like it or not you are suppose to give viewers what they want. This is not Official WCG tournament where best has to win, this is crowdfunded tournament for people's entertainment, if you don't give these people who make these tournaments happen what they want you won't have a tournament, so if they want aiz u are suppose to give them aiz weather he is good or not, end of discussion

Eh no.

Unless someone comes forth and says im donating 500 to see these players, then just no. You are forgetting that these things dont just happen out of thin air. Unless you are paying wages, youre not calling any shots. People donate to contribute, and thats valuable, but that doesnt mean theyre like stakeholders in some company. Get your shit straight
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Do you even play starcraft anymore raph?

breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

@umeu True it doesn't make you a stakeholder, but when you donate into some stuff, it is because you believe you will get what you expect, if you fail then next time simply there won't be any donors as simple as it gets
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Jerom wrote:
r4go wrote:Where are lord and irish??

They didn't respond or didn't want to play. One of the first we asked iirc.

uffff :cry: jerom i want you on the event :love:
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I guess I wouldn't say this is what people donate for. If there are real concerns from donors they are welcome to reach out and have that conversation. To me ESOC wants to make donors happy as part of its goals. Unhappy donors don't donate in the future.

I would just disagree that this event at 150$ spend is a poor use of funds.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

The event itself is not poor use of funds cuz people are happy to see it, the unhappiness is in what event offers
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

well I donated more than 1/3ths of the prizepool and I tell you I'm happy.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

hunter wrote:@umeu True it doesn't make you a stakeholder, but when you donate into some stuff, it is because you believe you will get what you expect, if you fail then next time simply there won't be any donors as simple as it gets

well if you have wrong expectations, nobody can fix that but you. there was never a post made that said ESOC is now raising money for an event that will feature aizamk. or any other player. sure, if you donated and wanted a big tournament instead of an invitational and have objections to the later, you have ground for complaints. but you do not have any grounds for complaints because player X is not included in the event, whatever size or nature that may be.
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

+1

It has a solid core of players. Looks good!

Jerom wrote:well I donated more than 1/3ths of the prizepool and I tell you I'm happy.
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

I really sometimes wish if people had taken reading lessons in their childhood
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

hunter wrote:I really sometimes wish if people had taken reading lessons in their childhood

You can't believe how annoying you are.
It's not the first time you come with bs arguments to criticize the tourney organisation while you have no clue about tourneys and you probably don't even play aoe3.

#diarouga_wrote_this
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Congratulations diarouga ! I knew you could do it.

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

#diarouga_wrote_this

What a classic.

#diarouga_won_this @Mimsy for President pretty good. Who needs editable file @tilanus
mad cuz bad
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Well this looks cool. Good luck bois.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

hunter wrote:I really sometimes wish if people had taken reading lessons in their childhood

I sometimes really wish people had taken writing lessons in theirs.
No Flag goldenicon
Musketeer

Post by goldenicon »

if u don't like giving h2o money then don't donate its simple
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

It's almost like salary. Guy has possibly been the mvp of esoc so its fine.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

zoom wrote:

I sometimes really wish people had taken writing lessons in theirs.

I know I can understand your pain bro
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Dude has been instrumental in the longevity of this site. Major props to him.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Ryan has invested more money than you can imagine, even when proboards scammed him. And on top of that he used his winnings from Spring (and possibly Winter but I'm not sure) to improve the site.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Not sure what you mean, but if i have misunderstood your point, feel free to point it out. But as far as i'm aware, you are just spouting bs from a misplaced sense of entitlement. Or atleast, you are taking up the cause for those who MIGHT be having such a wrong sense of entitlement. Which so far, from the donors, nobody has come forth to make the complaints you are hypothetically warning us about. I really dont give 2 cents if people wouldn't donate anymore because they aren't getting their tournaments tailormade and served personally the way they want it. Most people donate not because they expect to get what they want, but because they want to contribute to something we all want. This is a community site, and it's not about what 1 person wants. If they wan't more input in how the endproduct will look like, they can invest their time, or they can come up with the idea themself, fund the project and set the terms and make a deal with esoc that they host it for him/her, as noel already explained.

im not sure what i may have misread in your post, but hey... everyone can miss something, some people miss a sense of community, others may not have a sense for filtering out the message in an unclear post. well... nobody is perfect.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Actually I'm quite sure that the money that H2O spent on this site, for the sake the community, is greater than ASC Summer's entire prize pool.

I don't have numbers but it's a lot.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I remember GoatSpeed donated 500$ fot the Spring tournament, personally I find this ridiculous :O Like that's a lot, so much commitment, shoutout to him!