ESOC Invitational 2016 this weekend!

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: ESOC Invitational 2016 this weekend!

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:Fortunately, @sircallen saved the day :P Really, I haven't seen the game in high graphic setting in a while, and that first game on Bonnie Springs looked very appealing. In these moments have to appreciate the work of our great map team!

He really did, we were headed towards an UIless low quality stream until he told us he could stream.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:Actually the winter tournament finals got almsot 500 I think. But that one was more anticipated, theres a 100 viewer core or so that knows this event is happening and tunes in within the first hour of the stream. Then there's a group of ~200-300 people that might tune in over the course of the stream if they notice it, which they may or may not. Then there's another group of unknown size that might randomly find the stream without knowing about it or so, or viewers that are very hard to reach (they're more easily reached by an ongoing event, if they catch one stream they might get hooked or at least look out for the finals). But for such a one weekend event, 250 viewers is awesome indeed. I feel we still lose a lot of the less diehard members when there's a caster switch or the stream goes down for a little bit or if there's other downtime. I have no idea how that would be fixed given that we have no professional casters that can do all of it in one sitting some way or another.

Downtime (in the non-literal sense) isn't a serious issue unless it's fairly extensive, chiefly because regardless of how impactful it is, little can be done about it. Literal downtime as in the stream being unavailable at any given moment in time on the other hand should be avoided as much as possible
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:
Jerom wrote:Actually the winter tournament finals got almsot 500 I think. But that one was more anticipated, theres a 100 viewer core or so that knows this event is happening and tunes in within the first hour of the stream. Then there's a group of ~200-300 people that might tune in over the course of the stream if they notice it, which they may or may not. Then there's another group of unknown size that might randomly find the stream without knowing about it or so, or viewers that are very hard to reach (they're more easily reached by an ongoing event, if they catch one stream they might get hooked or at least look out for the finals). But for such a one weekend event, 250 viewers is awesome indeed. I feel we still lose a lot of the less diehard members when there's a caster switch or the stream goes down for a little bit or if there's other downtime. I have no idea how that would be fixed given that we have no professional casters that can do all of it in one sitting some way or another.

Downtime (in the non-literal sense) isn't a serious issue unless it's fairly extensive, chiefly because regardless of how impactful it is, little can be done about it. Literal downtime as in the stream being unavailable at any given moment in time on the other hand should be avoided as much as possible

how would you avoid that when casters switch though? Thats the one that costs us the most viewers.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Avoid casters switching :twisted:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

If only there were casters willing to make such a commitment.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:
zoom wrote:

how would you avoid that when casters switch though? Thats the one that costs us the most viewers.

Apart from not changing streamers: Don't ask me; I'm just a swe_tard.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:Of course huge thanks to everyone involved, but the waiting was pretty annoying, and I would imagine some newer players would get mad because of that. Also, maybe try to confirm the casters in the future so that such shenanigans won't happen again?

Well the biggest mistake was to originially plan the semi finals on saturday too. But with semi finals on sunday, the entire schedule had to be created on saturday in terms of players, which was pretty tight already (this was about the only option, as diarouga couldnt play late and kaiser couldnt get home earlier). We had arranged h2o to cast but something seemed to had surprisingly gotten in between. There wasnt really anyone else available, which made it really hard to find casters.

Maybe for the next time its more important to focus on caster availability beforehand. Theres always good players available, and theres always a way for them to schedule. It was really unfortunate that the veteran casters zuta and interjection werent available.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

The third place playoff hasn't been played yet, right ?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

AFAIK third place doesn't receive prize money, and thus doesn't need to be played out. Split goes $100 to first, and $50 to second, taking up the total $150 prize pool.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Since Kaiserklein and Mitoe are pretty close, a bronze match would be cool in my opinion.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

illegal smackdown??? @Aizamk