ESOC Invitational 2016 this weekend!

No Flag r4go
Howdah

Re: ESOC Invitational 2016 this weekend!

Post by r4go »

Who will play the final tomorrow?
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

r4go wrote:Who will play the final tomorrow?
diarouga
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Mimsy for President wrote:Unlike Hitler, Napoleon slept in Moscow and watched it burn. And it was not only a French army, but a European coalition led by the one who conquered them (except for Portugal). The Russians did jack shit except burning their own cities. They actually did much worse than French in WW2 : they had a servile attitude toward their Tsar who considered them like shit.

lol, do you even know the reason for the fire in Moscow?
It wasn't really a coalition, Napoleon forced conquered states to grant him an army, which later on betrayed him when he started losing against the Sixth Coalition. Only Poles were true allies of France, given the Duchy of Warsaw, an autonomous and independent (at least from Prussia and Russia) region.
Also, WW2 and tsar in USSR? :export:
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

pecelot wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:Unlike Hitler, Napoleon slept in Moscow and watched it burn. And it was not only a French army, but a European coalition led by the one who conquered them (except for Portugal). The Russians did jack shit except burning their own cities. They actually did much worse than French in WW2 : they had a servile attitude toward their Tsar who considered them like shit.

lol, do you even know the reason for the fire in Moscow? Scorched earth strategy. As I said, weather, diseases, lice and the Russian serfs played a crucial role in this war. The Russian army just kept avoiding an outnumbered but way better army otherwise its ass would've got kicked.
It wasn't really a coalition, Napoleon forced conquered states to grant him an army, which later on betrayed him when he started losing against the Sixth Coalition. Only Poles were true allies of France, given the Duchy of Warsaw, an autonomous and independent (at least from Prussia and Russia) region.
Also, WW2 and tsar in USSR? :export: It was just a parallel without regard to time.

+ If someone has ever hit rock bottom, remember that the Russians serfs burned the city they had built in order to save their masters.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The semi finals have been moved to tomorrow. Mitoe vs Diarouga and Kaiserklein vs Prince. This is unofficial and not confirmed, but the schedule looks to be mitoe diarouga at 15:30 gmt, kaiser prince at 17:00 gmt and then finals at 19:00 gmt.

I shall confirm this later.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

eh... ye im not home till 17 gmt 0 and i still have to install the game then + eat. so i wont be able to cast until around 19 gmt.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:eh... ye im not home till 17 gmt 0 and i still have to install the game then + eat. so i wont be able to cast until around 19 gmt.

Okay thats fine, were mostly thin on quality streamers.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

lel that's how you end up when postponing installing the game! :!: :!: :!:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

15:30 - Mitoe vs Diarouga
17:00 - Kaiserklein vs PrinceofKabul
19:00 - Finals

This is basically confirmed right now.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

update the post on the main page @Jerom ?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:update the post on the main page @Jerom ?

Did it not update that?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Now it's alright!
No Flag sudmakmak
Skirmisher

Post by sudmakmak »

sudmakmak wrote:
lordraphael wrote:
sudmakmak wrote:ramex12 vs princeofkabul
china lose
news updated

you are right sudmakmak, perfect observation

and everygame. need rush hard china.

and mitoe vs mongo 10
china lose
and france don't rush hard
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

So that was it, congrats to Diarouga! Stream was nice, but also a bit stressful for us ;P Reached a top of 260 viewers though. Hope to see everyone next time! :)
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

MCJim wrote:So that was it, congrats to Diarouga! Stream was nice, but also a bit stressful for us ;P Reached a top of 260 viewers though. Hope to see everyone next time! :)

+1 haha. I forgot how stressful setting up streams can be. It was even more so because interjection and zuta were both unavailable (they're usually very reliable casters) and there was some extra pressure to cast every game in a very tight schedule.
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Jerom wrote:
MCJim wrote:So that was it, congrats to Diarouga! Stream was nice, but also a bit stressful for us ;P Reached a top of 260 viewers though. Hope to see everyone next time! :)

+1 haha. I forgot how stressful setting up streams can be. It was even more so because interjection and zuta were both unavailable (they're usually very reliable casters) and there was some extra pressure to cast every game in a very tight schedule.

Yeah, every match today had different casters lol. Overall I think the viewer experience didn't get ruined by it, we were just in time, every single time :P
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

MCJim wrote:
Jerom wrote:

Yeah, every match today had different casters lol. Overall I think the viewer experience didn't get ruined by it, we were just in time, every single time :P

My viewer experience got slightly overwhelmed by stress XD
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Thank you to all the organizers, donors and players for your efforts!
:flowers:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Of course huge thanks to everyone involved, but the waiting was pretty annoying, and I would imagine some newer players would get mad because of that. Also, maybe try to confirm the casters in the future so that such shenanigans won't happen again?
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Well done! Note that the number of viewers on the final was around 250 on twitch, close to the one of winter tournament
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Actually the winter tournament finals got almsot 500 I think. But that one was more anticipated, theres a 100 viewer core or so that knows this event is happening and tunes in within the first hour of the stream. Then there's a group of ~200-300 people that might tune in over the course of the stream if they notice it, which they may or may not. Then there's another group of unknown size that might randomly find the stream without knowing about it or so, or viewers that are very hard to reach (they're more easily reached by an ongoing event, if they catch one stream they might get hooked or at least look out for the finals). But for such a one weekend event, 250 viewers is awesome indeed. I feel we still lose a lot of the less diehard members when there's a caster switch or the stream goes down for a little bit or if there's other downtime. I have no idea how that would be fixed given that we have no professional casters that can do all of it in one sitting some way or another.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Fortunately, @sircallen saved the day :P Really, I haven't seen the game in high graphic setting in a while, and that first game on Bonnie Springs looked very appealing. In these moments have to appreciate the work of our great map team!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I understand that it wasn't ideal, I didn't know that minimized UI was needed to run aiz's UI. I was notified about 5 min before we went live that I had to stream/cast, and I had never had the UI before ,or cast before, or streamed on the ESOC channel.

I knew the UI didn't look right, I was reading the chat, but when i changed minimzed/maximized UI in-game, it still looked the same, so I just went with it. I apologize. Didnt' really know what to do :S

As far as quality goes, I can stream much higher :p I had it turned down by default since my personal channel doesnt have quality options. Glad it seemed high enough quality, was slightly worried.

And a huge thank you to @umeu of course for talking the whole time and providing worthwhile commentary.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

zoom wrote:Thank you to all the organizers, donors and players for your efforts!
:flowers:

I forgot casters.
:coin: