Map diversity

Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Re: Map diversity

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

Rikikipu wrote:Haha just would like to point how hard it is to satisfy everyone. In this single topic, look at @NekoBerk saying we want more watermaps and @momuuu saying that indonesia is not even fun. Viewers wanting more new maps and players wanting less new maps. Rushers saying that there is too much food at base, some others saying that there is too few. It's hard and compromise got to be found.

things

dude just program a map that is a watermap but not indonesia because its not even fun and that also has not too much food at base so players can rush but not to few food, and also make the map new to viewers but not new to players. eez.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Garja wrote:As for water play I'd say it is totally viable on Hudson (both versions), Manchuria, Florida, Adirondacks (you don't need it tho cuz of many hunts), Baja California, Malaysia, Jebel Musa. Indonesia is an outlier, it was made for tourney purposes.
If you (rightfully) find water non viable on those maps it is most likely because your water strat shouldn't work regardless. Water is something like a TP boom, it will succed only under some conditions (e.g doing that vs a non water civ).

I totally disagree. I would say that water is one of my best gamestyle (even if I am only major) and there are really few map where the water boom is viable. And this isn't the case for Adirondacks/ Jebel Musa or Florida for sure. Moreover on the other map (exept Indonesia), it's very hard because the water is poor.

Btw I am very exited to see your new map that you are doing with kynesie @Rikikipu !
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I'd like to see how do you play water.
Image Image Image
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

Garja wrote:I'd like to see how do you play water.

viewtopic.php?p=239490#p239490
game 2 (which is called game 3^^) is on water
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Ye but Indonesia is easy. I wanna see a game where you succed with water on standard water map.
Image Image Image
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

well, I haven't rec of this, but as I said it would be on RE because ESOC map are too bad for water. But why is it so interresting for you ? I don't think you can even play water yourself, do you ?
Find me a rec where someone else as kynesie win a game on an esoc watermap in tourney (not a sergent please^^)
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

bwinner1 wrote:Btw I am very exited to see your new map that you are doing with kynesie @Rikikipu !

Haha to be honest, i already got 2 sick rec games of them on one of the new maps, but i will post it when maps will be released :P
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

New map :banana:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

bwinner1 wrote:well, I haven't rec of this, but as I said it would be on RE because ESOC map are too bad for water. But why is it so interresting for you ? I don't think you can even play water yourself, do you ?
Find me a rec where someone else as kynesie win a game on an esoc watermap in tourney (not a sergent please^^)

I have some recs with Azzies water on ESOC maps. Never bothered to play water with like Ports/Brits/Spain on EP because land play is just better. But I'm pretty sure I could work on some effective builds. Russia probably gains from water since it struggles in some MUs.
Image Image Image
Australia Pseudo-ku
Crossbow
ESO: Pseudoku

Post by Pseudo-ku »

More emphasis on natives, please god no water maps.
Pseudo-ku#8217 on discord
/id/iampseudo on Steam

always available
hit me up anytime for
chats over coffee

<3
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

why all the upset about maps? I really appreciate the work ppl do to create maps, and make them fair. I dont get all the criticism. Not easy to make everybody happy >I guess. Why dont you make a go of it yourself then, and see how good you could make them?
A really good player adapts to the maps. That is my taking on it anyway, so go ahead spank me :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Pseudo-ku wrote:More emphasis on natives, please god no water maps.

Well, we can add natives, but a large majority of them are bad, so they won't be used anyway. I would like to see them in the balance talks though
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Cree is nice maybe Cheyenne on low hunt maps.
Australia Pseudo-ku
Crossbow
ESO: Pseudoku

Post by Pseudo-ku »

Rikikipu wrote:

Well, we can add natives, but a large majority of them are bad, so they won't be used anyway. I would like to see them in the balance talks though

Buffing natives would be sweet.
Pseudo-ku#8217 on discord
/id/iampseudo on Steam

always available
hit me up anytime for
chats over coffee

<3
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Pseudo-ku wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:

I think increasing their limit and make them cost pop can be a good start. Right now they are not viable because you have to invest 200w to make a bunch of units and then you have to make one more tp/rax/stable. If you happen to build rax/stable you have to make houses for them.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Pseudo-ku wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:

Iro need 300w start
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk