Do we need more new maps?

Do we need new maps?

Yes, we dont have enough maps.
29%
Yes, because the most maps suck.
7%
No, we got enough and good maps.
29%
No, but need to rebalance the existing maps.
36%
I dont really care.
No votes

Total votes: 28

Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Do we need more new maps?

Post by Mameluke »

Well do we need more new maps? I hope this poll wasnt done by anyone else already. :biggrin:

Im asking this because I would think about making new maps if many people consider that we need new maps. (Not sure if I would be good at it tho)
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Re: Do we need more new maps?

Post by Durokan »

There was a poll at some point by riki and iirc it had said that people don't like learning the new maps so much and would rather have a set of rebalanced RE maps

I of course am open to having new well balanced maps but there is obvious bias there

Nevermind, I found it here and it wasn't as decisive as I thought it was

viewtopic.php?f=158&t=11393&p=240653&hilit=map#p240653
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Hmm, did I manage to vote twice? I had already voted and got the option to vote again, and now there are two votes.
Pay more attention to detail.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

Gendarme wrote:Hmm, did I manage to vote twice? I had already voted and got the option to vote again, and now there are two votes.

ive changed it and implemented the option "No, but need to rebalance the existing maps."
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I'd love to have both new maps, and rebalanced versions of official maps. Too bad you have "Yes" and "No" in front of the options. My conscience won't let me vote on both those options.
Pay more attention to detail.
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

Gendarme wrote:I'd love to have both new maps, and rebalanced versions of official maps. Too bad you have "Yes" and "No" in front of the options. My conscience won't let me vote on both those options.

pretty unnecessary the "yes" and "no" 's but whatever now...
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Rebalanced RE maps would definitly be worth it. But is then possible to play rated with them? If not esoc maps rock, so no need to rebalance the RE maps...
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

For me, new maps are on the largest things that keep this game fresh. Unfortunately there is also a sentiment with old school pros who feel dissuaded to join ESOC tournies because of the newer map pools.

I think most everyone agrees that properly balanced RE maps (so that just hunts and mines are improved) would be nice but from what I understand that is more difficult than it would appear? Idk I'm not a map maker.

So ultimately perhaps we could create "new" old maps in the form of rebalanced RE maps and both keep things fresh and maybe use more of those maps in the next tourney to try to bring out some old school big names.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

RE maps are already semi-fixed on ep and so, you can already play rated on them.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

No. We've got tons of EP maps, enough for each tournament round to feature unique maps. I personally think that's enough. Instead I'd like to "fix" some of the better RE maps - for example Siberia, Silk Road, Mongolia, etc - these maps are good in theory, but fail to spawn more or less equal resources in practice. For this reason I'm a huge advocate for fixed resources on problematic RE maps because I think RNG should play an extremely small role in a competitive game. StarCraft goes one step further with this by allowing no deviations between maps to ensure the same map every single game (image, the blue pixels are resources). As an animal right's activist, I think that's going one step too far as our deer need to be able to walk freely. But fixing them to a certain position and not allowing them to walk too far is perfectly ethical in my opinion!
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Fix Re maps until that create new ones...:)
Increase wall cost significantly: Its a map issue also. With that and fixed hunts probably Every maps could be playable.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Missed an option!! Maybe launching 1 or 2 new maps with each update seems interesting, this brings novelty even interesting strategies, I think we should work better for new maps, bringing something really different and new ..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

there are never enough maps
No Flag tedere12