"Team Maps" Cuts

Which of the following maps should, in their current form, be removed from "Team Maps"?

Andes
18%
Baja California
2%
Deccan
17%
Iowa
16%
Jebel Musa
6%
Malaysia
6%
Silk Road
19%
Tassili
10%
None of the above
4%

Total votes: 93

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: "Team Maps" Cuts

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Honestly the map team doesn't care about what people think. They want people to play on their maps, which is understandable considering they've spent a lot of time working on it, but yea that's not the best for the players.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

If it comes to that, we can just remove the maps from the Team Maps set.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Rikikipu wrote:
zoom wrote:Based on this couple of threads, I suggest removing Andes, Colorado, Deccan, Iowa, Malaysia, Silk Road and Tassili from the map-set, readding Colorado and Malaysia once they're fixed by @Garja and @Rikikipu (please consider also looking at Jebel Musa tree spawns).

Nice suggestions, I'll wait until I get the feedbacks of your 52 threads about team maps until we change it. Until then, feel free to improve the balance in the patch, there is a lot to do there.
We've got plenty of feedback already. These maps seemingly aren't wanted in the Team Maps set, and a few of them are bugged beyond being playable, apparently. I understand you intend to keep it that way, for whatever reason. It's a pity you aren't interested in improving the map-sets. I never realized you're so non-constructive. The good news is at least the maps can simply be removed, if for whatever reason you don't want to make them playable. That's another, less ideal way to improve the map-set.

As for civilization balance, we're working on it, thanks!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Rikikipu wrote:
zoom wrote:Based on this couple of threads, I suggest removing Andes, Colorado, Deccan, Iowa, Malaysia, Silk Road and Tassili from the map-set, readding Colorado and Malaysia once they're fixed by @Garja and @Rikikipu (please consider also looking at Jebel Musa tree spawns).

Nice suggestions, I'll wait until I get the feedbacks of your 52 threads about team maps until we change it. Until then, feel free to improve the balance in the patch, there is a lot to do there.
Woah there
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Big Shade
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

zoom wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:

We've got plenty of feedback already. These maps seemingly aren't wanted in the Team Maps set, and a few of them are bugged beyond being playable, apparently. I understand you intend to keep it that way, for whatever reason. It's a pity you aren't interested in improving the map-sets. I never realized you're so non-constructive. The good news is the maps can simply be removed, in this the worst case.

As for civilization balance, we're working on it, thanks!

The thing is that we have never chosen sets like that, and you randomly pop here with a total lack of methodology. Overall, the guidelines for maps and sets is a combination of these parameters :
  • Is the map strategically intersting
  • Feedbacks from top players
  • Feedbacks from common players
  • Feedbacks from viewers
  • Does the map contribute to the diversity in the set
  • Is the map clean/buggy, accurate resources, etc
Sorry for the harsh words, but it just isn't simply as you think, and we are already in touch and receive continuous feedbacks from other sources than this poll. It's like if I do a poll about a feature in the patch, and at the end I say, ok zoom let's change this because of this poll. It doesn't work like that. For now, the main concern is that Iowa should be removed from team set and colorado and malaysia should be fixed.
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

lol no riki,
the only thing is which map in teammappool should be are which the players want, and not the viewers or what makes it strategically interesting.
u just cant play a 2v2 on tassili random set up, because it depends so hard on the civs who wins the game. this doesnt say tassili is a bad map, but its not for a random teammappool good.
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Well adapt too map or simply select one map and play on it if you want standard :hmm:
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Having a random set is adaptation because certain maps favor certain maps -- that's just how it is. You could get 5 TPs or none, water or not -- the civs are chosen beforehand. Having a good random set allows for fun adaptation without favoring certain civs so much it borders the broken line, that's all. No one is criticizing any map makers or their maps on a personal level. Rounding out a good pool is just a good thing for EP to do. It's just a poll!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

On the topic of Jebel Musa -- can we just add more trees? Do a sort of back line ring like the TR blitz map or something. It's a fun map with a good design and interesting chokes and dynamic hunts and a fun water design but late game is unplayable for any wood-heavy civ.

I'd prefer to keep as many maps in the pool as possible barring any immediate balance issues.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Team map subset is peculiar because basically is a set created just to please team players. There is basically no methodology in how the maps are chosen and it's totally based on players prefereces. Unlike other sets where objective parameters are in place and they are the only criteria adopted to formulate the pool.
I don't mind removing maps from the team set but I suggest making it even smaller then because this midground solution is somewhat a joke.

About map fixing: we are currently on top of that already. And please use the dedicated thread.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

yeah we wouldnt want "team maps" to please team players
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Take feedback from top team players with a grain of salt. At one point the commentary was that all EP maps were not meant for team and that the patch didn’t care about team. They would rather play on Himalayas and Silk Road than the Ep maps.

I agree if fixed are needed we should do them. Generally when I played team I was sad to see any RE Maps from the random pool. Probably should remove most of them.
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

deccan is a fair map, ofc u can dislike the format with so many starting ressources, but i think its sth different, i kinda like it. siberia is still a very good teamgame map imo. same goes for hima upper and silkroad if they spawn correctly. which is quite rare sadly, if silkroad can be fixed for fair hunts/mines it would be a nice map. hima upper is good most of the time tho.
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

a feedback to rikipupu from a top player, fix ur shit maps or let them be removed from the pool. and don't take your pity frustration out on the guy who is opening conversations about esoc team map issues which are well known.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

@deleted_user4

I'll play around with some changes tomorrow 5/4. The current changes I'll look at are some or all of the following unless someone has a better idea.
Purple: Increased density along and around the shoreline. Not super dense or obstructive but more than the occasional tree.
Red: some sort of dense band at the edge of the cliffs (which is what you meant by the ring if I understand correctly?)
Teal: small clusters of trees towards the coastal side of the lowland. I don't like the idea of it in the basin directly between the cliffs, but if the dry area isn't a fun mechanic then it can be changed.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

wow prince doge angry
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

well he has his head buried in a sand and don't take any criticism when it's negative. when it's commonly known that some maps spawn without tc or trees and whatever in teamgames and crying to the guy who opens a discussion about it in public. non-constructive indeed.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

princeofkabul wrote:a feedback to rikipupu from a top player, fix ur shit maps or let them be removed from the pool. and don't take your pity frustration out on the guy who is opening conversations about esoc team map issues which are well known.

And don't take your frustration on the guy who's spending his free time making maps...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Durokan wrote:I'll play around with some changes tomorrow 5/4.

Maybe it's eligator eyesight, but also, I keep mistaking all the birds in the water for fish.
oranges.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Aizamk wrote:
Durokan wrote:I'll play around with some changes tomorrow 5/4.

Maybe it's eligator eyesight, but also, I keep mistaking all the birds in the water for fish.

It's a date 4th of may
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

?
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

princeofkabul wrote:well he has his head buried in a sand and don't take any criticism when it's negative. when it's commonly known that some maps spawn without tc or trees and whatever in teamgames and crying to the guy who opens a discussion about it in public. non-constructive indeed.

Erf man, I agreed that Iowa should be removed and Colorado and Malaysia should indeed be fixed. I don't even imagine how you can think someone be frustrated about a videogame. I don't really understand why you use to be agressive vs me, same as you are going to be non-existent for me, feel free to ignore me please.

enjoy2play wrote:deccan is a fair map, ofc u can dislike the format with so many starting ressources, but i think its sth different, i kinda like it. siberia is still a very good teamgame map imo. same goes for hima upper and silkroad if they spawn correctly. which is quite rare sadly, if silkroad can be fixed for fair hunts/mines it would be a nice map. hima upper is good most of the time tho.

I like this post a lot, because to be honest I had a lot of feedbacks like this from overall solid team players who said that they wanted and liked a lot some RE maps and prefered those than some ep maps. In order to also respect their feedbacks I don't see why we should remove these RE maps really.

@Hazza54321 forget to mention that indeed we are probably going to need to fox the wood issue on Jebel
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

deleted_user wrote:Having a random set is adaptation because certain maps favor certain maps -- that's just how it is. You could get 5 TPs or none, water or not -- the civs are chosen beforehand. Having a good random set allows for fun adaptation without favoring certain civs so much it borders the broken line, that's all. No one is criticizing any map makers or their maps on a personal level. Rounding out a good pool is just a good thing for EP to do. It's just a poll!

Yeah sorry, I agree I was a bit too offensive toward zoom post. I totally agree with you, it's just that I've during these months plenty of other sources of feedbacks about maps and sets which makes me think that the poll result has to be interpreted in some extent.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Kaiserklein wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:a feedback to rikipupu from a top player, fix ur shit maps or let them be removed from the pool. and don't take your pity frustration out on the guy who is opening conversations about esoc team map issues which are well known.

And don't take your frustration on the guy who's spending his free time making maps...

He asked players opinion in one of his previous posts. I gave it.