Land maps comparision

Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: Land maps comparision

Post by lordraphael »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Leaving 6 vills on berries in midgame means there will always be a villager in queue.

This or having a decent macro.

ha i was waiting for this. if I had had the chance to bet on it I would have bet 1k
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lol.. trolls
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

1k on what?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

on making such a comment possibly ^^
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

umeu wrote:1k on what?

On diarouga complaining about garja's maps or talking about garja's skill.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Well ESOC maps obviously have more resources but there are 2 things we should consider.
1) Berries aren't hunts, they favour some civs so imo they shouldn't count as food (I mean, if you're gathering on berries while your opponent is hunting with ST you're losing let's be honest), so Klondike doesn't have this ratio.

True, I forget this.

[Armag] diarouga wrote:2) The amount of resources on a map isn't what matters, if so Sonora would be the most greedy map.
What matter is the amount of food you have near your base.
If you consider that, Tibet is at the average level of RE maps and same for Klondike.

It's close to impossible to do, because RE maps usually don't have second hunts coded. You just got it because of luck. That's why sometimes you got a 2nd and a 3rd hunt, and sometimes you don't have them.

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
noissance wrote:
pecelot wrote:Also, why 5,5 TPs on Deccan?

Sometimes there's 2 TP's that spawn in the side, instead of 3. (6+5)/2 = 5.5
Also, why do people use commas instead of decimal points?

In the Netherlands dots act as a tool to improve your reading experience. For example 1.000.000 = 1 million, while 5.5 = 55. Commas act as a decimal, so 1,2 = 1 1/5

For decimal mark : Green = coma, Blue = point, red = arabian style
Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

ARABS GET OUT!!
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Kaiserklein wrote:Berries are just what you use when you don't have access to hunts really... . So yeah, you use berries if you can't avoid it, otherwise it sucks

Berries are great because they add a ton of food to a map and delay the time when you have to mill, but arent animals and very easily gathered from.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

For this type of analysis has a few good take aways for me.

1. RE maps tend to be too big.
2. RE maps did not have enough food.
3. EP has a higher ratio of TP Maps which aligns with demand.

I would love to see TPs expressed as average line size. Meaning Bonnie springs would score a 2.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

It needs more information than that. Also needs the amount of tps available and amount of tps available to only one player. I think most of the latest batch of maps restored the tp line balance a little bit but I was personally slightly sad about klondike being another 5 TP maps. Eventually the war for stagecoaching gets repetitive.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Jerom wrote:It needs more information than that. Also needs the amount of tps available and amount of tps available to only one player. I think most of the latest batch of maps restored the tp line balance a little bit but I was personally slightly sad about klondike being another 5 TP maps. Eventually the war for stagecoaching gets repetitive.

The tps are the only good thing about Klondike.
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

andes does have 4 tps? arent that 3? even in team its just 3 i guess. and why u count silkroad as 5 tps?
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

enjoy2play wrote:andes does have 4 tps? arent that 3? even in team its just 3 i guess.
and why u count silkroad as 5 tps?

For Andes, I've made a mistake. For silk road, there are 5 tps on the map, even if they are different from the other those in the other maps. In this kind of stats, you need to always make choices :blush:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

There are different ways for Andes to spawn (I think 3 ways ?) but I think all of them include 3 tps indeed
Do you know how different silk road tps are ? Because I know the travois has 4 speed like unupgraded tps (though it can bring resources like stagecoach) but it feels like each pass gives less xp than normal passes, considering the length of the road. Maybe half less ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

_H2O wrote:For this type of analysis has a few good take aways for me.

1. RE maps tend to be too big.
2. RE maps did not have enough food.
3. EP has a higher ratio of TP Maps which aligns with demand.

I would love to see TPs expressed as average line size. Meaning Bonnie springs would score a 2.

2) I think this sentence is really important here. Don't you think it favours euro civs who use to go early in the game for steel traps ?
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

so silkroad tps should be 0 cause they cant be built and are total useless for any tp build/semi ff
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

enjoy2play wrote:so silkroad tps should be 0 cause they cant be built and are total useless for any tp build/semi ff

Nope, as I said, I won't do any subjective choice linked the strats/meta of the game in this sheet. You can take tps on silk road so I've added them.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

EDIT : missclick
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

IIRC they are about half as effective as the average TP.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Well theyre no true TPs in that any convential TP build or civ cant utilize them. In that regard its closer to a no TP map..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

It s clearly a no tp map.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Is there some way you could add resources from treasures? Im thinking about maps like cascade range, where there are a lot of easy treasures, or maps like himalayas where there are a lot of useful treasures. Could you possibly add total resources from treasures, as well as guardian number/strength per resource?
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:There are different ways for Andes to spawn (I think 3 ways ?) but I think all of them include 3 tps indeed
Do you know how different silk road tps are ? Because I know the travois has 4 speed like unupgraded tps (though it can bring resources like stagecoach) but it feels like each pass gives less xp than normal passes, considering the length of the road. Maybe half less ?

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... 0,1980,all
These are the results (right you see the XP per second):

Yucatan 1.36
Great Plains 1.35
Ozarks 1.31
Mongolia 1.27
Yukon 1.27
Deccan 1.25
California 1.20
Himalayas 1.19
Araucania 1.19
Great Lakes 1.18
Texas 1.17
Siberia 1.17
Carolina 1.16
Saguenay 1.15
Sonora 1.13
Patagonia 1.13
New England 1.09
yellow riverDry 1.06
borneo 1.06
silkRoad 0.60
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH0DvEuKf_s[/video]
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Darwin_ wrote:Is there some way you could add resources from treasures? Im thinking about maps like cascade range, where there are a lot of easy treasures, or maps like himalayas where there are a lot of useful treasures. Could you possibly add total resources from treasures, as well as guardian number/strength per resource?

He could probs say how many treasures spawn for each level but definitely not the amount of resources. Treasures spawn randomly, you can only decide on which level they will spawn (level 1 : small treasures with no guardian / 1 guardian, level 2 : 60 food, 70 xp... and so on until level 5 I think) and I guess you can somehow more or less decide the density of treasures on different areas of the map, so you can't really know what exact treasures will spawn.

Ok nice so it's approx half a normal tp
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..