Post by Garja »

If only I had time I'd conclude the the post first =/
Image Image Image
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Re: ESOC maps information thread

Post by rsy »

I want it up front on the strat section cuz especially the resource count on that worksheet is fukin OP. I saw this once before but forgot about it later on and just luckily stumbled into this yesterday. And I bet there's a ton of people who just wander around the general and strat sections like me who haven't seen it yet.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I'd sooner link it there:
maps.php
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

:chinese:
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

I was playing on EP yesterday and couldn't research stagecoach on Malaysia. Is that intentional?
De Funk
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Hidddy_ wrote:I was playing on EP yesterday and couldn't research stagecoach on Malaysia. Is that intentional?

no, and it's going to be fixed this week-end, sorry for the issue :(
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Rikikipu wrote:
Hidddy_ wrote:I was playing on EP yesterday and couldn't research stagecoach on Malaysia. Is that intentional?

No worries! Thanks for the heads up. Also, Ijust wanted to say that I appreciate all the hard work on the maps. They are really enjoyable to play on
De Funk
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Hidddy_ wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:

No worries! Thanks for the heads up. Also, Ijust wanted to say that I appreciate all the hard work on the maps. They are really enjoyable to play on

Thanks a lot for your warm words :flowers:
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Rikikipu wrote:

Goddam i thought that it was intentional xD. By the way, sometimes the hunts spawn far away of the TC (like in the back of the three line sometimes spawns there your second hunt), i'll take a picture of it later and i'll show you.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

NekoBerk wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:

Goddam i thought that it was intentional xD. By the way, sometimes the hunts spawn far away of the TC (like in the back of the three line sometimes spawns there your second hunt), i'll take a picture of it later and i'll show you.

Yeah you are right, i hope Malaysia got at least hunts like Tibet, far but you can herd them until your TC. Yeah please take picture if you got, and send it to me (take it before the first 10 seconds otherwise hunt moves and it's not controlable anyway when we script the map).
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Do you guys in esoc maps department plan to convert ep maps to support 4 teams?
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

Theres an issue on Malaysia where the tree pathings sucks and also the hunts are pretty bad, just wanted to mention it in case any other players are experiencing the same issue
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

The forests are supposed to be like that, hunts can wander away.
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Tree pathing sucks in general.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Not really :!:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

pecelot wrote:The forests are supposed to be like that, hunts can wander away.

Nah.. that design with the hunts where they are just doesn't work well. It's not a great map imo, and that's OK. Not everything ESOC spits out has to be perfect.
New Zealand Withen
Crossbow
ESO: Withen

Re: ESOC Maps Information Thread

Post by Withen »

Hi, I was wondering which maps work for 4v4 games. I recently acquired the patch and would like to muck about with it against the computer, but when I tried to play ESOC Malaysia there seemed to be no where to build and one of my computer allies was dead from the beginning.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Withen wrote:Hi, I was wondering which maps work for 4v4 games. I recently acquired the patch and would like to muck about with it against the computer, but when I tried to play ESOC Malaysia there seemed to be no where to build and one of my computer allies was dead from the beginning.

I̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶ ̶p̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶p̶u̶l̶l̶-̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶t̶a̶b̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶"̶e̶s̶o̶c̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶s̶"̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶v̶o̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶1̶v̶1̶ ̶U̶I̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶f̶f̶a̶ ̶1̶v̶1̶ ̶o̶b̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶s̶.̶

nvm see garja below
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

deleted_user wrote:
Withen wrote:Hi, I was wondering which maps work for 4v4 games. I recently acquired the patch and would like to muck about with it against the computer, but when I tried to play ESOC Malaysia there seemed to be no where to build and one of my computer allies was dead from the beginning.

In the map pool pull-down tab select "esoc team maps" to avoid this. The 1v1 UI maps I believe only work with ffa 1v1 observers.

No, all ESOC maps should work for any game type (except for regicidie actually). This should include 4v4. It's likely that stuff like 2v6 is not going to spawn correctly but that's the same on some RE maps too.
Image Image Image
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Garja wrote:
deleted_user wrote:

In the map pool pull-down tab select "esoc team maps" to avoid this. The 1v1 UI maps I believe only work with ffa 1v1 observers.

No, all ESOC maps should work for any game type (except for regicidie actually). This should include 4v4. It's likely that stuff like 2v6 is not going to spawn correctly but that's the same on some RE maps too.

Is there a regicide mode?

Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

malaysia is great when your 2nd hunt is behind a treeline and your opponent has it on the correct side. D:
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

yoqpasa wrote:
Garja wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Is there a regicide mode?

Regicide is a map-based mode, like on Honshu, right? I wouldn't say, then, that it's supposed to work on ESOC maps. However, a bigger concern is proper KotH integration :idea: :!:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Nomad spawn is non-existent on Jebel Musa — players just spawn normally; on Malaysia one player doesn't spawn at all. On Baja California I had the latter once while testing, but the next time it was alright.

@Durokan @Rikikipu
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Wow guys these are some beautiful maps. Well done! Love the places used and emphasis on capturing them in an oe maps. Only one I don't know I'm sure about is the Adirondack being from near there. What does the crescent represent the st Lawrence? Main question is how do I download them all? Is there a conclusive maps pack download? And can they be played on regular eso? Might be easier to fill games. If not you just convinced me to start playing FP with these gorgeous maps
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Wow guys these are some beautiful maps. Well done! Love the places used and emphasis on capturing them in an oe maps. Only one I don't know I'm sure about is the Adirondack being from near there. What does the crescent represent the st Lawrence? Main question is how do I download them all? Is there a conclusive maps pack download? And can they be played on regular eso? Might be easier to fill games. If not you just convinced me to start playing FP with these gorgeous maps

Jabal Muss? Garja you are a God damned scholar !