Russians Discussion Thread

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Russian Discussion Thread

Post by deleted_user0 »

r4go wrote:Russia in EP is a playable civ now. Not horrible like in re. But is really far to call it tier1. Now Can play some MU that on re where really too hard. But on EP there are a lot of civs that are better then Russia. Maybe the only civ Who really now get more problems vs Russia Is jap, while on re jap Just Wins it. All the other civs Can do better vs Russia. In my opinion Russia has to be made like he is in Nilla. Vills cost 340. And some cards in age 3. Becouse Russia has a big lack in age 3. In tad cav are better and stronger. Russia Is a civ that suffer by cavs. Making strelez Bonus vs cav 0.8 was the worst thing eso could done.

I really wonder what game you are playing lol.

Sides rushia wins 2/3rd of their mus even on re. And they were 2nd tier civ after otto spain and fre.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Yeah RE russia was fairly underrated, mostly because the meta surrounding them wasn't that evolved. Big innovations like early steel traps, transition tp's, and less all-in early play, are huge for russia, and helped out a tone in many of their matchups. Depending on how many tiers there are on RE, I would say that they are mid-ish tier, but not the lowest as some people have called them.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

umeu wrote:
r4go wrote:Russia in EP is a playable civ now. Not horrible like in re. But is really far to call it tier1. Now Can play some MU that on re where really too hard. But on EP there are a lot of civs that are better then Russia. Maybe the only civ Who really now get more problems vs Russia Is jap, while on re jap Just Wins it. All the other civs Can do better vs Russia. In my opinion Russia has to be made like he is in Nilla. Vills cost 340. And some cards in age 3. Becouse Russia has a big lack in age 3. In tad cav are better and stronger. Russia Is a civ that suffer by cavs. Making strelez Bonus vs cav 0.8 was the worst thing eso could done.

I really wonder what game you are playing lol.

Sides rushia wins 2/3rd of their mus even on re. And they were 2nd tier civ after otto spain and fre.

Russia??? About tad??
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

british beat russia
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Darwin_ wrote:Yeah RE russia was fairly underrated, mostly because the meta surrounding them wasn't that evolved. Big innovations like early steel traps, transition tp's, and less all-in early play, are huge for russia, and helped out a tone in many of their matchups. Depending on how many tiers there are on RE, I would say that they are mid-ish tier, but not the lowest as some people have called them.

But you can't call it tier1-tier2 in re or in ep like some players of LOL like umeu think.
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

tedere12 wrote:british beat russia

False imo. Strelets are great against brits, as they are faster than longbows, and the cossack can snare. Muskets are kinda auto-loose against russia, and going heavy on cav is probably your best bet, becuase of how shit ruskets are, but Russia can still have like twice your mass with how much they can hurt brit's eco in the early game. Russia just has to be scouting and aware of the timings, and it will be quite easy for them.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

lol yeah, musks with 2 upgrades auto-„loose" :uglylol:
I mean it's a pretty even MU IMO, I've won many and lost some as Brits :hmm:
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

pecelot wrote:lol yeah, musks with 2 upgrades auto-„loose" :uglylol:

You rarely send 2 musk upgrades with Brits, except in mirrors.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Then I see your problems.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Atomiswave wrote:

How can you not they're so good
You can physically see the results when your steroid-boys dump some Frusket scrubs or Rusket trash in the gutter
The musk/cav ups are why I play Brits in team--you get more units of higher quality, then a-move
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Yeah musk ups are quite good for british. If you are doing musk/huss, you do normally send huss hp first, but the musk cards are a must-send after that.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

thats not true, the card you send depends on your composition, but this is not the subject of the thread
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

"if you are doing musk/huss"

But whatever, I personally think that russia is in quite a good place right now, and any allegation's of OP-ness are mostly due to the relative strength of civs like france and germany being quite low. Maybe their contain is a little too good, and maybe their re-mass is a little too good, but whatever. Those are small problems to fix really.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

milku3459 wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:

How can you not they're so good
You can physically see the results when your steroid-boys dump some Frusket scrubs or Rusket trash in the gutter
The musk/cav ups are why I play Brits in team--you get more units of higher quality, then a-move

It depends from mu.

If good opponent playes with age 3 based civ, he prob won't play long vs Brits in age 2. Advancing to age 3 will most likely be his plan either with naked ff or semi. If he manages to do so without much damage sustained, you need to to follow(which is prob for brites because they lack faste age up politician), cause even all these upgrades wont be enough against age 3 army. Exception is when you have really big mass and you can easily raze his base.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Darwin_ wrote:"if you are doing musk/huss"

But whatever, I personally think that russia is in quite a good place right now, and any allegation's of OP-ness are mostly due to the relative strength of civs like france and germany being quite low. Maybe their contain is a little too good, and maybe their re-mass is a little too good, but whatever. Those are small problems to fix really.

I fully agree. I hope they will not reverse vill price. In contrary to some people opinions vill price reduction smoothens Russia bo's and give em small boost they sorely needed. On the other hand, It amplifies counter civ aspect even more. For example, Japan had problems with Russia rushes on re, and now with wall nerf and cheaper vills i think its much more difficult.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Atomiswave wrote:

I fully agree, I hope they will not reverse vill price. In contrary to some people opinion vill price reduction smoothens out Russia bo's and give em boost they sorely needed. On the other hand, It amplifies counter civ aspect even more. For example, Japan had problems against Russia rushes on re, and now with wall nerf and cheaper vills i think its much more difficult.

Not like Russia is seiging walls with strel regardless of the nerf with yumi attaching them from a range. And the vill nerf smooths the b/o but it's an extra batch of muskets maybe after 10-11 mins food wise, you just get each batch of units a few seconds quicker really which is not a huge deal tbh. Re Russia would be fine on the current ep becuase Russia's counter civs were nerfed.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

__Uhlan__ wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:

I fully agree, I hope they will not reverse vill price. In contrary to some people opinion vill price reduction smoothens out Russia bo's and give em boost they sorely needed. On the other hand, It amplifies counter civ aspect even more. For example, Japan had problems against Russia rushes on re, and now with wall nerf and cheaper vills i think its much more difficult.

Not like Russia is seiging walls with strel regardless of the nerf with yumi attaching them from a range. And the vill nerf smooths the b/o but it's an extra batch of muskets maybe after 10-11 mins food wise, you just get each batch of units a few seconds quicker really which is not a huge deal tbh. Re Russia would be fine on the current ep becuase Russia's counter civs were nerfed.

That works only if you managed to wall off completely, which you often can't on most maps. In that case, cossacks will easily neutralize yumi's. Then you are in trouble again.

That seconds add up slowly, batch after batch. It certainly helps.
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Atomiswave wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

That works only if you managed to wall off completely, which you often can't on most maps. In that case, cossacks will easily neutralize yumi's. Then you are in trouble again.

That seconds add up slowly, batch after batch. It certainly helps.

If Cossacks are running around the wall, then does the hp nerf even matter? Not sure what your point is.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

@__Uhlan__

My point is if you didn't wall off completely coss will find their way in pretty fast. Also price, time it takes to build walls should also be considered, especially if you build em the right way without pillars.
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Atomiswave wrote:@__Uhlan__

My point is if you didn't wall off completely coss will find their way in pretty fast. Also price, time it takes to build walls should also be considered, especially if you build em the right way without pillars.

it's just as pricey on re as it is on ep, so I'm not getting your point );
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Oh look the ruusia change that people kept telling me was insignificant was significant, because non russia players know more about russia than russia players EleGiggle
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Lol I play russia. Tbh, they don't feel that different to RE or vanilla, just have better re-mass and like 10-second earlier timings.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The change is definetely significant just it doesn't qualify as big. It is very likely a good change assuming that Russia needed it.
Image Image Image
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Darwin_ wrote:Lol I play russia. Tbh, they don't feel that different to RE or vanilla, just have better re-mass and like 10-second earlier timings.

haveing 5 cav in your base 10 sec sooner or later is a diffrence
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

KINGofOsmane wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Lol I play russia. Tbh, they don't feel that different to RE or vanilla, just have better re-mass and like 10-second earlier timings.

haveing 5 cav in your base 10 sec sooner or later is a diffrence

The timings that are sped up the most are almost all of them, except for the initial 5 musk/coss push. That one is fairly similar to RE.