Dutch Discussion Thread

No Flag anonymousv2
Musketeer

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by anonymousv2 »

Dutch are my favorite civilization, hands down, but whenever I play as them I am always a little annoyed that their colonial age potential is minimal, or yet to be discovered. They are really strong at the 9ish minute mark, but I wish they were a little bit more flexible. I think that they should get a 5 vill shipment, or maybe boost their infantry upgrade card both of which would make their colonial stronger. Maybe upgrades for banks that don't have to be sent as a card, like maybe placer mines and amalgamation also slightly boost banks.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by forgrin »

anonymous wrote:Dutch are my favorite civilization, hands down, but whenever I play as them I am always a little annoyed that their colonial age potential is minimal, or yet to be discovered. They are really strong at the 9ish minute mark, but I wish they were a little bit more flexible. I think that they should get a 5 vill shipment, or maybe boost their infantry upgrade card both of which would make their colonial stronger. Maybe upgrades for banks that don''t have to be sent as a card, like maybe placer mines and amalgamation also slightly boost banks.
Their colonial is decent, just their fortress is so much better. Main issue is lack of musks for late colonial. Your changes would make them soooo OP lol, they''d be amazing in every age. They''re perfect as they are in the EP. If you wanna do more colonial-focused builds, then watch some Aizamk stuff from old smackdowns.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by Mimsy for President »

4 hussars -> 5 hussars
7 ruyters -> 8 ruyters
Gracias muchachas.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by momuuu »

Dutch lategame in team is disgusting. Fully upgraded, you have 10 banks gathering at the rate of 4 vills each.is insane. I actually outgathered a Japan and British player in a game going late. The change is unnessesary.

Itd to 4 huss -> 5 huss and 7 ruyter -> 8 ruyter and then reconsider the bank changes.
Jaeger

Dutch Discussion Thread

jerom wrote:Dutch lategame in team is disgusting. Fully upgraded, you have 10 banks gathering at the rate of 4 vills each.is insane. I actually outgathered a Japan and British player in a game going late. The change is unnessesary.

Itd to 4 huss ->' 5 huss and 7 ruyter ->' 8 ruyter and then reconsider the bank changes.
I hope the 6 bank limit will remain unchanged though. Perhaps nerfing age 1 cards like 10% instead of 20. If you have 6 banks, it means about -5vills with the nerf.
And Tulip Speculation should give a way much better rate so that Dutch gets an eco comparable to the other nilla civs. 35% seems perfect.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by momuuu »

shaolinstar wrote:
jerom wrote:Dutch lategame in team is disgusting. Fully upgraded, you have 10 banks gathering at the rate of 4 vills each.is insane. I actually outgathered a Japan and British player in a game going late. The change is unnessesary.

Itd to 4 huss -> 5 huss and 7 ruyter -> 8 ruyter and then reconsider the bank changes.
I hope the 6 bank limit will remain unchanged though. Perhaps nerfing age 1 cards like 10% instead of 20.?If you have 6 banks, it means about -5vills with the nerf.
And Tulip Speculation should give a way much better rate so that Dutch gets an eco comparable to the other nilla civs. 35% seems perfect.

they should have like, a 80 vill eco. I think its close to a 90 vill eco now though.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:I hope the 6 bank limit will remain unchanged though. Perhaps nerfing age 1 cards like 10% instead of 20.?If you have 6 banks, it means about -5vills with the nerf.
they should have like, a 80 vill eco. I think its close to a 90 vill eco now though.

what would be wrong with Dutch having a max eco that is not way shittier than other civs max eco?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:they should have like, a 80 vill eco. I think its close to a 90 vill eco now though.
what would be wrong with Dutch having a max eco that is not way shittier than other civs max eco?

150 military population maybe?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by gibson »

bramboy wrote:
gibson wrote: what would be wrong with Dutch having a max eco that is not way shittier than other civs max eco?
150 military population maybe?

not really relevant for sup tbh
Jaeger

Dutch Discussion Thread

jerom wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:I hope the 6 bank limit will remain unchanged though. Perhaps nerfing age 1 cards like 10% instead of 20. If you have 6 banks, it means about -5vills with the nerf.
87 vills with 6 banks yes.
Almost 100 vills with 8 banks, which means Church card, Bank of Amsterdam, Bank of Rotterdam and Tulip Speculation. If that forces Dutch to go Industrial to have this eco, Im absolutely okay with it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by momuuu »

shaolinstar wrote:
jerom wrote:they should have like, a 80 vill eco. I think its close to a 90 vill eco now though.
87 vills with 6 banks yes.
Almost 100 vills with 8 banks, which means Church card, Bank of Amsterdam, Bank of Rotterdam and Tulip Speculation. If that forces Dutch to go Industrial to have this eco, Im absolutely okay with it.

you have to take into account that market upgrades exist though. I guess if youre on fully upgraded natural resources (thats like only +30%) that banks at +65% are quite OP yeah.
Jaeger

Dutch Discussion Thread

jerom wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:87 vills with 6 banks yes.

you have to take into account that market upgrades exist though. I guess if youre on fully upgraded natural resources (thats like only +30%) that banks at +65% are quite OP yeah.
Actually its just a postulate. In my examples, I compare Dutch with the other Nilla civs and I consider neither Dutch nor they have market upgrades. There is no comparison with TAD and TWC civs yet :)
OR [font size="2"](and that would mean my whole life has been a lie)
do you mean Placer Mines and Amalgamation affects the banks production rate ?[/font]
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by momuuu »

shaolinstar wrote:
jerom wrote:you have to take into account that market upgrades exist though. I guess if youre on fully upgraded natural resources (thats like only +30%) that banks at +65% are quite OP yeah.
Actually its just a postulate. In my examples, I compare Dutch with the other Nilla civs and I consider neither Dutch nor they have market upgrades. There is no comparison with TAD and TWC civs yet?:)
do you mean Placer Mines and Amalgamation affects banks production rate ?[/font]

no I dont, but market upgrades are quite relevant because it shows a former, and to some extend current weakness of banks: they dont scale. So a priori, banks seem amazing, but once vills are upgraded a bit, an unupgraded bank is only worth like 2 vills.

Anyhow, I feel the Dutch buff has been rather inefficient so far in 1v1, as they are, in my opinion (also referring to my match up analysis) still one of the weaker civs. The bank xp buff is pretty minor to be honest, and the other buffs are mostly a nonfactor. They havent really been buffed in the areas they really needed a buff I think.
Jaeger

Dutch Discussion Thread

jerom wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:Actually its just a postulate. In my examples, I compare Dutch with the other Nilla civs and I consider neither Dutch nor they have market upgrades. There is no comparison with TAD and TWC civs yet :)
do you mean Placer Mines and Amalgamation affects banks production rate ?[/font]
no I dont, but market upgrades are quite relevant because it shows a former, and to some extend current weakness of banks: they dont scale. So a priori, banks seem amazing, but once vills are upgraded a bit, an unupgraded bank is only worth like 2 vills.

Anyhow, I feel the Dutch buff has been rather inefficient so far in 1v1, as they are, in my opinion (also referring to my match up analysis) still one of the weaker civs. The bank xp buff is pretty minor to be honest, and the other buffs are mostly a nonfactor. They havent really been buffed in the areas they really needed a buff I think.
Oh I get you. Well my life has still been a lie because I didnt take this parameter into account lol.

And yeah Dutch is somewhat weak in early fortress. Personally I dont mind if its colonial is not so strong. But if you compare with China (which is meh in colonial as well) and its wide range of shipments, you realize how Dutch is sucky.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I agree, dutch is broken in team.
They can mass hard, have skirm in age2 and don t need to train anti cav which is already quite strong, and now they have the best boom in the game...
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by Marco1698 »

diarouga wrote:I agree, dutch is broken in team.
They can mass hard, have skirm in age2 and don t need to train anti cav which is already quite strong, and now they have the best boom in the game...

Is it possible to nerf them xD?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Idk.
I don t think that the 6 banks change is relevant in 1v1 but in team it is.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by Marco1698 »

diarouga wrote:Idk.
I don t think that the 6 banks change is relevant in 1v1 but in team it is.

you can see how you don''t really need any mines with 6 banks. You can easily spam ruyters falconets and the score is really high. I think the eso patch team did well to buff Dutch, but this boost is too much I think
No Flag lukas2223
Crossbow

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by lukas2223 »

Dutch is AOK
No Flag occult11
Crossbow

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by occult11 »

I don't understand why people are getting so upset now that dutch has +2 banks. Its boom is still very expensive and the bonus xp doesn't do very much to make their early game better. And of course the Dutch should become strong as the game progresses... it's a boom civ after all. Nobody has a problem with Japan becoming completely faceroll beyond 14 mins but somehow +2 bank cap and suddenly it's being suggested that Dutch needs a nerf. The 2 bank cards aren't even that good when you stop to think about it. At 6 banks (which you would presumably have mid fortress) the 20% increase amounts to a 1.2 bank shipment which is like 1.2*4= 4.8 villager shipment, in age III. How is that possibly OP? Dutch is now quite strong in team games, but the patch wasn't balanced around that and a nerf to dutch just so that they are fair in teams is in my opinion really silly.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by Goodspeed »

occult11 wrote:I don''t understand why people are getting so upset now that dutch has +2 banks. Its boom is still very expensive and the bonus xp doesn''t do very much to make their early game better. And of course the Dutch should become strong as the game progresses... it''s a boom civ after all. Nobody has a problem with Japan becoming completely faceroll beyond 14 mins but somehow +2 bank cap and suddenly it''s being suggested that Dutch needs a nerf. The 2 bank cards aren''t even that good when you stop to think about it. At 6 banks (which you would presumably have mid fortress) the 20% increase amounts to a 1.2 bank shipment which is like 1.2*4= 4.8 villager shipment, in age III. How is that possibly OP? Dutch is now quite strong in team games, but the patch wasn''t balanced around that and a nerf to dutch just so that they are fair in teams is in my opinion really silly.
This!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by momuuu »

occult11 wrote:I don''t understand why people are getting so upset now that dutch has +2 banks. Its boom is still very expensive and the bonus xp doesn''t do very much to make their early game better. And of course the Dutch should become strong as the game progresses... it''s a boom civ after all. Nobody has a problem with Japan becoming completely faceroll beyond 14 mins but somehow +2 bank cap and suddenly it''s being suggested that Dutch needs a nerf. The 2 bank cards aren''t even that good when you stop to think about it. At 6 banks (which you would presumably have mid fortress) the 20% increase amounts to a 1.2 bank shipment which is like 1.2*4= 4.8 villager shipment, in age III. How is that possibly OP? Dutch is now quite strong in team games, but the patch wasn''t balanced around that and a nerf to dutch just so that they are fair in teams is in my opinion really silly.

having bank wagon, bank of rotterdam and bank of amsterdam is really nice for teamgames.

Regardless, if you had actually taken the time to study the replies in this thread, you could see that the consensus is that they havent been buffed that much for 1v1 and are still one of the weaker civs. The consensus is also that they are amazing in team.

This makes you wonder if the wrong things were buffed.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by Garja »

Not really the wrong things but overboosted the gold income and probably not enough xp for the bank. At the end of the day 140xp per bank (20% of its cost) was just fair.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by Hazza54321 »

people seem to miss that you can increase your economy very fast as dutch, considering it takes 25secs to train a vill, you can just build 4 vills really quickly one after the other, plus you are training vills too
No Flag occult11
Crossbow

Dutch Discussion Thread

Post by occult11 »

jerom wrote:
occult11 wrote:I dont understand why people are getting so upset now that dutch has +2 banks. Its boom is still very expensive and the bonus xp doesnt do very much to make their early game better. And of course the Dutch should become strong as the game progresses... its a boom civ after all. Nobody has a problem with Japan becoming completely faceroll beyond 14 mins but somehow +2 bank cap and suddenly its being suggested that Dutch needs a nerf. The 2 bank cards arent even that good when you stop to think about it. At 6 banks (which you would presumably have mid fortress) the 20% increase amounts to a 1.2 bank shipment which is like 1.2*4= 4.8 villager shipment, in age III. How is that possibly OP? Dutch is now quite strong in team games, but the patch wasnt balanced around that and a nerf to dutch just so that they are fair in teams is in my opinion really silly.
having bank wagon, bank of rotterdam and bank of amsterdam is really nice for teamgames.

Regardless, if you had actually taken the time to study the replies in this thread, you could see that the consensus is that they havent been buffed that much for 1v1 and are still one of the weaker civs. The consensus is also that they are amazing in team.

This makes you wonder if the wrong things were buffed.
You may be surprised to learn that discussion of Dutch balance on the EP has occurred outside of this thread, and even forum, Mr. Top Postcount! Nevertheless, a consensus is not a unanimous opinion and my post was directed at those opposed to the "consensus." The statement "Regardless, if you had actually taken the time to study the replies in this thread..." then comes off as unnecessary and aggressive. Good day sir!