British Discussion Thread

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

This is the British Discussion thread, where several topics concerning this civilization on the ESOC Patch may be discussed. We're looking for feedback on the current state of balance, from the community's standpoint.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Hype.
I think +10% or +15% hp for their yeomen card would be good as yumi get it too because longbowman just suck in lategame with so little hp.
Yes, 199 hp is so little compared to skirmishers who have 252-282 hp and where the range isn't so important.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Brits units are perfectly fine.
Image Image Image
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

thebritish wrote:Hype.
I think +10% or +15% hp for their yeomen card would be good as yumi get it too because longbowman just suck in lategame with so little hp.
Yes, 199 hp is so little compared to skirmishers who have 252-282 hp and where the range isn''t so important.

I don''t think that matters much in supremacy but for treaty it is a legitimate concern.
Mexico fitosone
Crossbow

Post by fitosone »

purplesquid wrote:
Yes, 199 hp is so little compared to skirmishers who have 252-282 hp and where the range isnt so important.
I dont think that matters much in supremacy but for treaty it is a legitimate concern.
I think the patch is going to focus into Supremacy since balancing Treaty is a whole different deal
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

purplesquid wrote:
Yes, 199 hp is so little compared to skirmishers who have 252-282 hp and where the range isnt so important.
I dont think that matters much in supremacy but for treaty it is a legitimate concern.
It does, vs Fre/dutch/ger/china I go age3 with brit and go yumi.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

French Guard Skirmishers (Voltigeirs) have 216 HP with one homecity card, while longbowmans have 199 with Imperial Status.
You cant really kite with 26 unless you are fighting cav or hand infantry and have a wall close to them.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:French Guard Skirmishers (Voltigeirs) have 216 HP with one homecity card, while longbowmans have 199 with Imperial Status.
You cant really kite with 26 unless you are fighting cav or hand infantry and have a wall close to them.
lbows have twice the rate of fire of most other units but low hp so they rely on standing and firing from the back without taking damage. They beat skirmishers cost effectively btw.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:French Guard Skirmishers (Voltigeirs) have 216 HP with one homecity card, while longbowmans have 199 with Imperial Status.
lbows have twice the rate of fire of most other units but low hp so they rely on standing and firing from the back without taking damage. They beat skirmishers cost effectively btw.

they dont have big damage.
they are average and 0.1 better RoF means nothing.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

They have high damage, since they fire twice as fast.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

If you ask a question and someone responses to it you'll need to trsut him. Ofc not every opinion but he is good enough to let you things know' they are true in most cases i believe.
Again and again and again btw...
No Flag anonymousv2
Musketeer

Post by anonymousv2 »

I think british mill cost should be 300 because they run out of food to early. Or they get the first mill upgrade for free. Idk
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Brit are tier 1 one on FP
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

anonymous wrote:I think british mill cost should be 300 because they run out of food to early. Or they get the first mill upgrade for free. Idk
Not on balanced maps. They don''t have to mill earlier than any other civ really.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

imo british are fine. They are not too strong but not weak either
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

It is balanced.
Maybe boost longbows a little. +5hp to base stats or +10% hp to age III lb shipment.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

lbow is a pretty broken unit. Can be either very strong or super suxor.
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

garja wrote:lbow is a pretty broken unit. Can be either very strong or super suxor.

I''m not suggesting this as a change, but is it possible to remove the load animation for lb(or any unit with an loading animation)?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

somppukunkku wrote:It is balanced.
Maybe boost longbows a little. +5hp to base stats or +10% hp to age III lb shipment.
+1
This is what they need.

@garja, here is a top player who suggests something for brits.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Re: British Discussion Thread

Post by thebritish »

Can the brits explorer get moved to discovery age instead of colonial age.
It sucks very much to try new things with brits if they have their explroer in age 2, while other civs have it in age 1.
Also, in nilla 1.0 brits had their explorer card in age 1, so why change it to age 2.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Brits are fine, only lbows need some attention.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

what no... Longbows are great already. They just dont do too well against heavy infantry, but neither do xbows. And british already have great musketeers to deal with heavy infantry.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Jerom wrote:what no... Longbows are great already. They just dont do too well against heavy infantry, but neither do xbows. And british already have great musketeers to deal with heavy infantry.

lol, from when musketeers counter heavy infantry
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:Can the brits explorer get moved to discovery age instead of colonial age.
It sucks very much to try new things with brits if they have their explroer in age 2, while other civs have it in age 1.
Also, in nilla 1.0 brits had their explorer card in age 1, so why change it to age 2.

They are not going to change stuff that has zero impact on the game.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:Can the brits explorer get moved to discovery age instead of colonial age.

They are not going to change stuff that has zero impact on the game.

it has actually.
Its not fair at all to have it as age 2 card because they have 4 cards for upgrading units, while other civs who have it in age 1, have their upgrades in age 3 and age 4