British Discussion Thread

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: British Discussion Thread

Post by deleted_user »

Goons are fine I think. Longbows are too good.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

A potential Dragoon nerf is a really big, not to be underestimated buff to Colonial civs like Brits or Russia. Even Japan would probably be better than before.

I just want to play on this new patch so fucking badly.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

yurashic wrote:
KINGofOsmane wrote:
yurashic wrote:British are top tier on FP, just not many people play them because laming French with stagecoach is much easier.

or iro on re patch

I played some Iroquois and it honestly seems like they are not very good. They are not an all-around civilization. Imagine you meet a Portuguese player on a water map or a Japanese player on a big defensive map, or a no tp map. I have way more wins with Chinese.
lmao
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Yeah iro weak civ on re
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Mimsy for President wrote:
yurashic wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I played some Iroquois and it honestly seems like they are not very good. They are not an all-around civilization. Imagine you meet a Portuguese player on a water map or a Japanese player on a big defensive map, or a no tp map. I have way more wins with Chinese.
lmao

Iro are really really good lategame too if it REALLY comes to that, they have the best skirm, and light cannons are insane
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

iNcog wrote:A potential Dragoon nerf is a really big, not to be underestimated buff to Colonial civs like Brits or Russia. Even Japan would probably be better than before.

Yeah it would buff spain and germany too
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

That alone makes me think we should leave them alone ^
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

yurashic wrote:I played some Iroquois and it honestly seems like they are not very good. They are not an all-around civilization. Imagine you meet a Portuguese player on a water map or a Japanese player on a big defensive map, or a no tp map. I have way more wins with Chinese.

Seriously

Ports > iro confirmed
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
yurashic wrote:I played some Iroquois and it honestly seems like they are not very good. They are not an all-around civilization. Imagine you meet a Portuguese player on a water map or a Japanese player on a big defensive map, or a no tp map. I have way more wins with Chinese.

Seriously

Ports > iro confirmed

yeah ports best civ on re and iro the worst
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Kaiserklein wrote:

Seriously

Ports > iro confirmed

Not at all. Chinese top civ confirmed – yet again!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

ovi12 wrote:
iNcog wrote:A potential Dragoon nerf is a really big, not to be underestimated buff to Colonial civs like Brits or Russia. Even Japan would probably be better than before.

Yeah it would buff spain and germany too

That's true. Spain might actually be very strong next patch; as far as Germany goes, from what I understood they were going to probably nerf them just a little.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Brits are pretty strong right now, and I defiantly think that people know how to play against them, unlike the conundrums with ports/russia.

I think that changes will be needed to be made in a future patch regarding balance, but I dont think any direct changes should be given to brits. Just like what I was pushing for for 2.0, that civs should be buffed to the level of French, and only germany should be nerfed (and even then just a little bit), I think that with 2.1/3.0 most civs should be buffed to the level of brits/ports/russia/azzy/spain. I think that french nerf needs to be reworked/removed, Germany needs help, India needs a little bit more help against fortress civs, dutch needs a little adjusting, and iro/sioux need to be buffed/reworked.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I actually wondered why Brits are considered OP now by some... Is it that French and German syndrom, when you nerf better civs so hard that they all of a sudden become OP?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Brits have been secret top civ on EP from the start I think, we just needed good maps and a change in their meta for them to shine. The autopilot forward tower musk builds weren't cutting it but there were better options all along.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's just the things that gave Brit troubles before have been nerfed: early age 3 timings in the form of Uhlan hp , goon hp, and EP maps have a large number of fair hunts.

Brits biggest weakness before was they didn't have a fast age politician and they didn't really have room to send 700c as early as other civs (usually have to send at least 700w and 600w before hand). This meant they were vulnerable to early fortress timings before they themselves could age up. Now with goon hp and uhlan hp lessened, and lbows > skirms, brit can still hold this timing and age up behind it while still having hunts in base because it is EP. It also strengthens their colonial play if they wish to stay and just go musk/huss or lbow/musk/huss and try to enflict damage while opponent is aging. Does that make sense?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

deleted_user wrote:It's just the things that gave Brit troubles before have been nerfed: early age 3 timings in the form of Uhlan hp , goon hp, and EP maps have a large number of fair hunts.

Brits biggest weakness before was they didn't have a fast age politician and they didn't really have room to send 700c as early as other civs (usually have to send at least 700w and 600w before hand). This meant they were vulnerable to early fortress timings before they themselves could age up. Now with goon hp and uhlan hp lessened, and lbows > skirms, brit can still hold this timing and age up behind it while still having hunts in base because it is EP. It also strengthens their colonial play if they wish to stay and just go musk/huss or lbow/musk/huss and try to enflict damage while opponent is aging. Does that make sense?

yes
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

So they're kind of a Portuguese equivalent right now... :hmm:
I guess I chose correctly when I switched to Brits some time ago Image
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

imo the current patch is pretty solid. almost all civs have some space in some maps/mus (I would even say all civs. I still think the "bad" civs arent that bad, just underused so good bos doesnt develop).

some MUs are still hard/impossible, but tbf, i dont think that a 100% balanced patch is even possible here. Due to differences in civs, there will always be a few good and bad Mus..
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

pecelot wrote:So they're kind of a Portuguese equivalent right now... :hmm:

they are def not a port equivalent. Port plays a lot like fre if you dont go for a water boom ( its not a coincidence that irishs second best civ is port).
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

pecelot wrote:I actually wondered why Brits are considered OP now by some... Is it that French and German syndrom, when you nerf better civs so hard that they all of a sudden become OP?

Yes. And this time we cant make the same mistake (IMO) we made with german and especially france and nerf them.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Currently there is just no civ that is good enough in early/early-mid fortress that can kill/damage significantly brits. Otto and Spain naked ff's can be somewhat defeated by brits in colonial, or thwarted by brits that are aging slowly. Back on 1.2, British just couldn't get away with the stuff they could now because Germany's mass reached critical mass right at the time than brits were aged. French as well had good mass right when brits aged up, and better goons made their early fortress far more flexible.

Currently, if ports age up, their mass just cant do a whole lot vs. tp/vc age 3 brits, and dutch gets pressured too much to age up easily, even though they can beat brits in age 3 IMO. Honestly, I think fixing the french and german nerfs in someway, while still keeping them less strong than on 1.2, but not as weak as on 2.0, would fix almost all balance issues currently IMO (with the obvious exceptions of iro/sioux and india too). I think that giving french the food crate back, at the expense of CDB cost to 125 or smth like that would just be better, and maybe keeping Uhlan HP nerf, but increasing their range resist to 40%, as I have said before IDK Though.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Darwin_ wrote:
pecelot wrote:I actually wondered why Brits are considered OP now by some... Is it that French and German syndrom, when you nerf better civs so hard that they all of a sudden become OP?

Yes. And this time we cant make the same mistake (IMO) we made with german and especially france and nerf them.

What exactly is wrong with the french change? They were super strong and now they are alot more balanced. You can still do the exact same things as you could before you are just slightly slower.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:

What exactly is wrong with the french change? They were super strong and now they are alot more balanced. You can still do the exact same things as you could before you are just slightly slower.

Yeah france was pretty strong, but I personally think it would have just been easiest to touch france as little as possible and change all other civs to be level with them. They were not OP on 1.2, its just that there were only like 3ish civs on their level, and tons of civs that were way to weak. Now we have much better balance, but still some outliers, and I think that those outliers should be brought to roughly Brit's or 1.2 france's strength.

I also just think that in general, all the little changes that have been made have drastically changed the way the game is being played, and that future changes really need to be super minimal.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Darwin_ wrote:I also just think that in general, all the little changes that have been made have drastically changed the way the game is being played, and that future changes really need to be super minimal.

Which civs would you apply that to? French play exactly the same, ger plays slightly differently but quite similar, iro and sioux are played differently as intended.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

lordraphael wrote:
pecelot wrote:So they're kind of a Portuguese equivalent right now... :hmm:

they are def not a port equivalent. Port plays a lot like fre if you dont go for a water boom ( its not a coincidence that irishs second best civ is port).

I meant in terms of balance state, not gameplay - Ports after initial buffs were not bad anymore, and after nerfing to the best civs in EP 2.0 they became one of the best nations.