British Discussion Thread

No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Re: British Discussion Thread

Post by deuxballesman »

But why do you go pure lbow vs pure musk (which I think lbow wins on high numbers anyway and even more with yeomen) if you can counter pure musk otherwise ?

Adaptability if a strengh such as understanding when you're wrong (dumb?) and thanking people for the time and energy they spent trying to drop hints of knowledge to the most hermertic man of this whole community.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

deuxballesman wrote:But why do you go pure lbow vs pure musk (which I think lbow wins on high numbers anyway and even more with yeomen) if you can counter pure musk otherwise ?

Adaptability if a strengh such as understanding when you're wrong (dumb?) and thanking people for the time and energy they spent trying to drop hints of knowledge to the most hermertic man of this whole community.

why pure skirm rapes pure musk, but its hard pure lbow to beat pure musk?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

thebritish wrote:
deuxballesman wrote:But why do you go pure lbow vs pure musk (which I think lbow wins on high numbers anyway and even more with yeomen) if you can counter pure musk otherwise ?

Because you can't hit & run. LB are great units but their micro requires much more skill than skirms or yumi. A lot of very good players don't know how to micro them properly so no worries. Also LB do better vs melee cav, ranged cav and skirms/yumi.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Mimsy for President wrote:
thebritish wrote:

Because you can't hit & run. LB are great units but their micro requires much more skill than skirms or yumi. A lot of very good players don't know how to micro them properly so no worries. Also LB do better vs melee cav, ranged cav and skirms/yumi.

do you know that the melee attack is 1.5 and skirms can hit and run to safety while lbows need to stand in one place and they lose their effectivity in melee
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:do you know that the melee attack is 1.5 and skirms can hit and run to safety while lbows need to stand in one place and they lose their effectivity in melee

A good brit player (not you) will always have musks infront of their lbows to prevent precisely that.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

thebritish wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:
Show hidden quotes

do you know that the melee attack is 1.5 and skirms can hit and run to safety while lbows need to stand in one place and they lose their effectivity in melee
Yeah I know that. I prefer LB over skirms.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:do you know that the melee attack is 1.5 and skirms can hit and run to safety while lbows need to stand in one place and they lose their effectivity in melee

A good brit player (not you) will always have musks infront of their lbows to prevent precisely that.

i am not good brit player, but i am good overall.
Also, thats the shit thing i want to get fixed, why should i make musks with my lbows to counter musks when i can just take french and go pure skirms to rape musks.
If you want a really balanced patch, make lbows as good as skirms and make them more costly instead of just saying the same shit all over again "get musks to counter enemy musks"
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

(No you're not good overall with russia you basically mass bh with the improved bh card)

Where do you see an imbalance brit as no problem dealing with HI as they have awsome musks themselves and 22 (26) range lbow that deal with the rest. Let aside the strongest huss and one of the best boom I fail to see what's making you whine mostly about "skirms get Ă—3 and it's unfair" and for the last time it's only Ă—2 in decent players' games.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

deuxballesman wrote:(No you're not good overall with russia you basically mass bh with the improved bh card)

Where do you see an imbalance brit as no problem dealing with HI as they have awsome musks themselves and 22 (26) range lbow that deal with the rest. Let aside the strongest huss and one of the best boom I fail to see what's making you whine mostly about "skirms get Ă—3 and it's unfair" and for the last time it's only Ă—2 in decent players' games.

thats what i am saying all the time. why lbows cant get the same multiplier as skirms (2.0x)
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

Protip: the more realistic you are about sucking at this game, the more quickly you'll improve.

Try listening to people and copying them, all the way up to the point where you are actually beating top players.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Because then they'd be insanely OP. Can you imagine how much stronger any bow pike build would be if the bows got a higher multiplier?

In order for you guys to get thebritish to drop this garbage, you should just do instant tests that implement the changes he suggests, stream a few test matches with good players, and see how stupid the game becomes.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

lesllamas wrote:Because then they'd be insanely OP. Can you imagine how much stronger any bow pike build would be if the bows got a higher multiplier?

In order for you guys to get thebritish to drop this garbage, you should just do instant tests that implement the changes he suggests, stream a few test matches with good players, and see how stupid the game becomes.

Then give brits skirm unit to be able to compete with other civs.
1.25x multiplier is garbage if i am supposed to use that multiplier to counter units.
Howdah

thebritish wrote:Then give brits skirm unit to be able to compete with other civs

They are a top tier civ.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:Then give brits skirm unit to be able to compete with other civs

They are a top tier civ.

all of you are comparing the lbow with the xbow like it is even the same unit
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Goodspeed wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Protip: the more realistic you are about sucking at this game, the more quickly you'll improve.

Try listening to people and copying them, all the way up to the point where you are actually beating top players.

plus one

the first to stop sucking is admitting that you suck
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Howdah

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

They are a top tier civ.

all of you are copating the lbow with the xbow like it is even the same unit

Please elaborate. I said nothing about lbows or xbows. I just said that overall they are a top tier civ.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

You said they are top tier civ, but they dont have any skirm unit.
And lbows arent skirm units because they dont have multiplier vs heavy infantry (same as xbows).

even chukonus have 2.0x vs heavy infantry, also if you compare the cost efficiency of lbow and chukonu you will see that chukonus are actually better (they are very underrated btw).

[*]lbows have 95 HP, chu-ko-nu has 90HP
[*]lbows have 17 attack, chukonu have 5 attack x3times=15 attack
[*]lbows have 1.25x vs HI, chukonu have 2.0x vs HI
[*]lbows have 4.0 speed, chukonu has 4.5 speed
[*]both lbows and chukonu has 1.5 RoF
[*]lbows only have better range, but that doesnt matter alot if they cant use it
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Chukonus have 3.0 rof. Lbows are literally the 2nd best RI unit in 1v1 games. That is until industrial age.
Image Image Image
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Garja wrote:Chukonus have 3.0 rof. Lbows are literally the 2nd best RI unit in 1v1 games. That is until industrial age.

http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Chu_ ... mpires_III)

hmm, here it says they have 1.5 RoF..
i guess it is a wrong info?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Yes. Only ranged units that have 1.5 rof are all cav archers, lbow, cetan bow, aenna, iron troop, macehualtin and ERK.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Musk aren t viable in fortress wars so you won t have to deal with musks at this point and in colo fre or ger dton t have skirms.
Howdah

thebritish wrote:You said they are top tier civ, but they dont have any skirm unit.

Germans are a top civ and they don't have goons, same with china. Does that mean they are not OP? It is about the overall strength of the civ(not that lbows are even bad). You should really start listening to players that are good at the game and actually know what is good and what isn't.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:You said they are top tier civ, but they dont have any skirm unit.

Germans are a top civ and they don't have goons, same with china. Does that mean they are not OP? It is about the overall strength of the civ(not that lbows are even bad). You should really start listening to players that are good at the game and actually know what is good and what isn't.

Germans dont need goons when they have dopps or uhlans, also goons dont and cant win you games (not especially against skirms).
Also, why would china need goons when they have cheap, but bad keshiks which come with 2 pikes?
And they already get 3 pikes making arq(skirms), so they have anticav
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

Germans dont need goons when they have dopps or uhlans, also goons dont and cant win you games (not especially against skirms).
Also, why would china need goons when they have cheap, but bad keshiks which come with 2 pikes?

you are obvously not talking about aoe3
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

tedere12 wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

you are obvously not talking about aoe3

i am.
-why do you think i dont?