British Discussion Thread

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: British Discussion Thread

Post by deleted_user »

Hazza54321 wrote:lbs are an op unit, they just need a meatshield which isnt hard as brits, brits are a top tier civ, onlyy germany beats them and that match up is still winable

Idk man, brits are so damn weak to a lot of early fortress timings I feel. Lack of fast age kills the brit.
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

r4go wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I don t think brits lose to otto on the EP.
That's maybe a bit otto favoured but you can win as brit.
India vs brit is rather india favoured but, same, you can win if you do the right build.

I think whit brits you can win vs all civs, but brit has too Mu that are a bit too hard. For example, vs otto,india,ted

Yeah, I too find ted a hard mu as Brits.
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:lbs are an op unit, they just need a meatshield which isnt hard as brits, brits are a top tier civ, onlyy germany beats them and that match up is still winable

Ger don't beat brits tho, probs their toughest match up on ep
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

Hazza54321 wrote:france dont and forgot about india and china

On most tp maps I would give france the advantage probably in that mu. India has proven in last tournaments to be somewhat of a counter to british, or at least enough brits dont win that easy. I have heard samwise and a few others before say china can win British also.

British are good civ though ofc
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

farran34 wrote:

On most tp maps I would give france the advantage probably in that mu. India has proven in last tournaments to be somewhat of a counter to british, or at least enough brits dont win that easy. I have heard samwise and a few others before say china can win British also.

He meant that he agrees that those civs beat brit.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Method_man714 wrote:
r4go wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I don t think brits lose to otto on the EP.
That's maybe a bit otto favoured but you can win as brit.
India vs brit is rather india favoured but, same, you can win if you do the right build.

I think whit brits you can win vs all civs, but brit has too Mu that are a bit too hard. For example, vs otto,india,ted

Yeah, I too find ted a hard mu as Brits.

Well i very noob 1-1 but i can see the counter between civs, ted is very hard for brit, and well, dutch also is not a easy or normal mu for brits, on fp dutch >>>>>> on re, dutch> brits
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

britishmusketeer wrote:
farran34 wrote:

ah
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

farran34 wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:
Show hidden quotes

ah

its ok Tim :)
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Make the Adventurer 8 Longbows, and the Admiral of the ocean sea 800 or 900 wood, instead of 400 wood and a caravel. I also think that the tower age up should be buffed a little bit, like giving an exrta coin crate. Also give them a guaranteed 300 wood start, with the an extra random crate (100 food and 300 wood always spawn, as well as one random extra crate). I think a free gang saw could also be interesting and beneficial, but would require testing because it has the potential to be too good.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

British really don't need any buffs.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

iCourt wrote:British really don't need any buffs.

Yeah, but I still think they need some tweaking to make them a much stronger civ in the current meta. That would most likely have to be done by nerving some parts of Brit's power play, namely mid-game eco, while buffing other parts, like their fortress age shipments and politicians. I know what you mean by British don't need any buffs, and there is merit to that argument, but I still think they need a boost in getting to the fortress age, and being effective while there.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Brits are perfectly fine
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Darwin_ wrote:

Yeah, but I still think they need some tweaking to make them a much stronger civ in the current meta. That would most likely have to be done by nerving some parts of Brit's power play, namely mid-game eco, while buffing other parts, like their fortress age shipments and politicians. I know what you mean by British don't need any buffs, and there is merit to that argument, but I still think they need a boost in getting to the fortress age, and being effective while there.
That's standardizing the civ which is the worst way to go about balancing a game, and something we want to avoid at all costs.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

That, oh that!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Darwin_ wrote:

Not every civ has to be able to go Fortress and make skirm/goon/2 falcs for the game to be balanced. I'm a firm believer that a little variety is a good thing, and that having a couple of colonial-based civs (in a meta that seems to live and breathe the Fortress Age) is optimal.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Papist wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:

Not every civ has to be able to go Fortress and make skirm/goon/2 falcs for the game to be balanced. I'm a firm believer that a little variety is a good thing, and that having a couple of colonial-based civs (in a meta that seems to live and breathe the Fortress Age) is optimal.

Thats a fair point. I would like to hear what you would do to brits, because I could seechanges to their colonial play being good for them, but Im not really sure what changes they would be.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

If Brit needs a change I think we should keep it simple, and stick with our philosophy to not change the way the civ plays if we can help it. That means making them stronger/weaker in general rather than targeting a single aspect of the civ.
I would look at a change to their crate start first, like -100f.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Goodspeed wrote:If Brit needs a change I think we should keep it simple, and stick with our philosophy to not change the way the civ plays if we can help it. That means making them stronger/weaker in general rather than targeting a single aspect of the civ.
I would look at a change to their crate start first, like -100f.

so you think britt needs an nerf interesting.
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I'm not sure, hence the "if".
This tournament they didn't look dominant so we have no reason to change them right now. I personally do think they are a very strong civ though.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

British are top tier on FP, just not many people play them because laming French with stagecoach is much easier.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

yurashic wrote:British are top tier on FP, just not many people play them because laming French with stagecoach is much easier.

or iro on re patch
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

KINGofOsmane wrote:
yurashic wrote:British are top tier on FP, just not many people play them because laming French with stagecoach is much easier.

or iro on re patch

I played some Iroquois and it honestly seems like they are not very good. They are not an all-around civilization. Imagine you meet a Portuguese player on a water map or a Japanese player on a big defensive map, or a no tp map. I have way more wins with Chinese.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

yurashic wrote:
KINGofOsmane wrote:

or iro on re patch

I played some Iroquois and it honestly seems like they are not very good. They are not an all-around civilization. Imagine you meet a Portuguese player on a water map or a Japanese player on a big defensive map, or a no tp map. I have way more wins with Chinese.

lmao
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Hazza54321 wrote:
yurashic wrote:
Show hidden quotes

lmao

Imao
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

I think all for civs that don't have a skirmisher type unit (i.e. Brits), nerfing goons slightly will help them tremendously in the age 2 vs age 3 fights.
mad cuz bad