Aztecs Discussion Thread

France iNcog
Ninja

Aztecs Discussion Thread

Post by iNcog »

This is the Aztec Discussion thread, where several topics concerning this civilization on the ESOC Patch may be discussed. We're looking for feedback on the current state of balance, from the community's standpoint.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

Aztec Discussion Thread

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Just nerf 10 coyo to 9 coyo.
Brazil igorix
Crossbow

Aztec Discussion Thread

Post by igorix »

Buff native scout card rush!
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Re: Aztec Discussion Thread

Post by yemshi »

Seems like aztecs are quite balanced?
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

I think aztecs are a little on the strong side, just that there are other bigger balance issues right now *cough*Germany*cough*
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Garja's War Dance nerf will go a long way here.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Nerf Osmane plz
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

britishmusketeer wrote:I think aztecs are a little on the strong side, just that there are other bigger balance issues right now *cough*Germany*cough*

I agree, they have some very good MUs (china, japan) but vs fre/ger they can t do much.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:I think aztecs are a little on the strong side, just that there are other bigger balance issues right now *cough*Germany*cough*

I agree, they have some very good MUs (china, japan) but vs fre/ger they can t do much.

i agree they can't do much vs fre but i'm not convinced that dopp uhlan beats them
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

I think there is no reason to nerf them because nobody is playing them anyways. Everybody says they are a top civ but not even the top players use them because nobody seems to have a clue how to actually make use of their strength
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

aligator92 wrote:

I think there is no reason to nerf them because nobody is playing them anyways. Everybody says they are a top civ but not even the top players use them because nobody seems to have a clue how to actually make use of their strength
This is indeed an issue, illustrated by the fact that this is the only civ-specific thread which hasn't hit page 2 yet.

I feel Aztecs are one of if not the best civ right now but as long as nobody abuses them we have no way to know for sure, and even if we did know for sure we would have a hard time coming up with good changes and testing them properly.

I guess a small nerf is the way to go, and then just keep waiting until the civ is finally played enough to properly judge where they stand on the balance scale.
No Flag LordCharlie_131
Skirmisher
ESO: LordCharlie131

Post by LordCharlie_131 »

@goodspeed: what? you have a feeling that they might be very good and want to nerf them and than you hope that more people play them?

i just know they are better than russia, but that doesn't say much. cause russia is just one of the weaker ones.

civs who possibly needs a nerf are civs, which are played a lot in the final stages of the tournament.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

LordCharlie_131 wrote:@goodspeed: what? you have a feeling that they might be very good and want to nerf them and than you hope that more people play them?
Lol I guess it's because I dread the moment everyone realises Azzy are OP and we have to wait until a tournament ends before we can do anything about it.

But perhaps there is some sense in not changing anything until that happens, if it happens.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

To be fair I never saw one single player proving that Aztecs are too strong.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Goodspeed wrote:
LordCharlie_131 wrote:@goodspeed: what? you have a feeling that they might be very good and want to nerf them and than you hope that more people play them?
Lol I guess it's because I dread the moment everyone realises Azzy are OP and we have to wait until a tournament ends before we can do anything about it.

But perhaps there is some sense in not changing anything until that happens, if it happens.

Aztecs actually need some tweaks, but the most basic things to do are:

– War Dance effect decreased by ~20% (garja WD nerf)

[– "10 Macehualtins" home-city shipment decreased to 9 Macehualtins; names and descriptions updated accordingly.]
[– "9 Macehualtins" home-city shipment decreased to 8 Macehualtins; names and descriptions updated accordingly.]

[– "5 Coyote Runners" home-city shipment increased to 6 Coyote Runners.]

[– Eagle Runner Knight speed increased from 6 to 6.5.]
– Eagle Runner Knight (base) hitpoints decreased from 144 to 132. Ranged resistance decreased from 30% to 20%.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Why the hell would you adjust ERK stats?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Because they are too stronk, but too much on the slow side for light cavalry. They should be faster than Coyote Runners without a doubt.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The range resitance change was because they reduced the range resistance of all goon type units to 0.20
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I am aware they did that, and that it might have been the reason they also included that change for the ERK. That is completley irrelevant to my suggestion though. I simply think they would do well to have less ranged resistance, more so than other light cavalry units. Not only would it be great for balance, but it fits perfectly in terms of unit (light infantry v cavalry) design.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I personally dont feel like ERKs shouldnt be nerfed though. Thats the only thing azzie has going for them in fortress and lategame. If anything, I think that change could be somewhat hurtful for teamgames.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

ERK to be OP need all cards + 15vills on firepit. Before changing that there are like 100 other things to be changed.
Image Image Image
No Flag LordCharlie_131
Skirmisher
ESO: LordCharlie131

Post by LordCharlie_131 »

Iro and Otto were civs so powerfull that everybody would use them when playing competetivly and would have a dissadvanage if not using them. Its plausible that civs like that get a nerf and that was good. now its maybe germany who is that strong, but this we will see soon.

but here I dont get this. Aztec isnt used much and if its not used that much like otto, iro or maybe now germany in competetive gameplay (final stages of a tournament for example) there is no reason to nerf a civ. that would be pure arbitrariness and i would be disapointed of the patchteam.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

LordCharlie_131 wrote:Iro and Otto were civs so powerfull that everybody would use them when playing competetivly and would have a dissadvanage if not using them. Its plausible that civs like that get a nerf and that was good. now its maybe germany who is that strong, but this we will see soon.

but here I dont get this. Aztec isnt used much and if its not used that much like otto, iro or maybe now germany in competetive gameplay (final stages of a tournament for example) there is no reason to nerf a civ. that would be pure arbitrariness and i would be disapointed of the patchteam.

There is reason if it's noticably overpowered. If it is deemed not to be so it will not be nerfed. I certainly agree with the gist of what you are saying.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

LordCharlie_131 wrote:Iro and Otto were civs so powerfull that everybody would use them when playing competetivly and would have a dissadvanage if not using them. Its plausible that civs like that get a nerf and that was good. now its maybe germany who is that strong, but this we will see soon.

You know, iro has always been surprisingly underplayed for being OP. Only at the super high levels were people using iro on qs. The thing is that native civs are just less popular than the others.

Before the Esoc days, I played about 70% of my matches against Germany, France and Japan. Those 3 civs were the popular civs, the other civs made up the remained 30%.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I think one of the main reasons aztec is unpopular is that they are a low eco civ who have to bow pike cav every game, which indicates that they have very little margin for error that is hard to play.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego