Germans Discussion Thread

Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Re: German Discussion Thread

Post by Atomiswave »

Uhlans being too weak is main problem now.....
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

ovi12 wrote:How about we give WW 18 range?

Lol so broken why would we do that. Just go full ww against russia or aztecs, or any colonial civ without long range units
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Kaiserklein wrote:
ovi12 wrote:How about we give WW 18 range?

Lol so broken why would we do that. Just go full ww against russia or aztecs, or any colonial civ without long range units

Well u said ger needs a buff vs russia
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Ger imo needs a buff overall but let's not make wws even more broken... They have always been shit vs skirm/goon and always been very good vs musk/cav. Giving them 18 range won't fix them vs skirm/goon but will make them completely OP vs musk/cav, and they would now even be able to kite strelets and maybe bows, maces etc. At least right now kiting musks with WWs is hard, with 18 range it would be a joke.

We need to either revert uhlan hp while nerfing the amount of them you get, or to buff WWs in another way. Buffing their speed, range or rotating speed would again only make them more broken since they would still suck ass vs skirm/goon and would destroy musk/cav even harder. So I think we either need to buff their hp (buffing attack would be kinda useless because WWs overkill hard anyway and it most likely wouldn't change the amounts of shots they need to kill a unit) or reduce their cost/training time. Not sure which is the best, probs cost + training time because atm WWs just train way too slowly. Maybe something like 135f 135g with 50s training time (instead of 60) would be nice. Otherwise give them 550 hp I guess (while maybe making them scale from colonial stats, to avoid them getting OP in late game).
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I like reverting the hp nerf and adjusting the amount of free uhlans you get with cards/specific cards. Like someone said, 3 sw + 2 uhlan is just an insane card, even with the extra xp ger shipments require.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I've always liked the idea of German only getting 1 uhlan in age 2 and 2 in age 3. Also buffing the 3 uhlan age 2 shipment to 4 and the 5 in age 3 to 6 and the 6 to 7. This way the uhlan shipments stay the same and all other shipments are nerfed. Nerf the merchandise shipments by 1 as well.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Removing 1 uhlan per shipment is probs too much, I'd just remove one from the key shipments. For example we don't want to nerf germany's colonial, so removing 1 uhlan from 600w, 2 sw, 3 dops, etc, would be kinda awkward imo
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I actually like this a lot ^

Nerf the semi ff by nerfing the cards specifically for a semi ff while still keeping colonial Germany where it is, and the uhlan where it is
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

merc semi into Barbary Corsair/Swiss Pike/Highlanders with speed upgrade and merc upgrade is disgustingly OP, even manchu become OP and 700hp Stradiots are lame
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Almost as OP as my french grenadier FI
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

700w, 3sw, 700c - 1 uhlan is a good nerf. Would add some nice strategy because you could send fewer resources and get more uhlans or vice versa. Same nerfs for 8 skirm and 9 uhlan.

The uhlan nerf as it stands is just so bad and makes a once decent unit almost worthless.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Germany is honestly fine. They don't win for free anymore but certainly don't lose. You have to play them a bit smarter than you used to in how you're unit comps come together. And that's not even factoring in raiding which I have not seen much of.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Germany is okay as a whole, but Uhlans just suck. They are not even really worth building on this version of EP; I would almost rather have 3 ww over 8 uhlans in my deck now which is not a good thing. If we keep the Uhlan nerf, we definitely need to counter-buff ww, probably increasing their hand resist a bit to 30% or 40%, or buffing their attack from 42 to 45 or so.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Darwin_ wrote:Germany is okay as a whole, but Uhlans just suck. They are not even really worth building on this version of EP; I would rather have 3 ww over 8 uhlans in my deck now which is not a good thing.
How is this not a good thing? 8 uhlans is worth 1200 resources, 3 ww is worth 1350. It's supposed to be the better shipment.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Also hand cav shipments are like teching to mutas in Starcraft broodwar. They are generally less resources per shipment because their swing potential is large.

Timing a 4 hussar shipment with 10 from a double stable is just way better than timing 8 skirms with more Skirms.

That post is exactly my point. People are not used to playing Germany smarter now and want ulhans to be the core unit still.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

You just have to stick to 7-9 uhlan semi ff strats now, massing uhlans in colonial isnt as free of a win now. Germany didnt feel that destroyed to me tbh, I liked shipping blavkriders while making skirms, which results into a pretty balanced unit composition that doesnt rely solely on uhlans.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Just buff ww rotation speed... :D
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Im personally not a fan of exceptions like removing uhlans from CERTAIN cards... It just feels non-AoE3-like, weird, bizarre, odd, strange, unusual, unorthodox and queer :hmm:
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

pecelot wrote:Im personally not a fan of exceptions like removing uhlans from CERTAIN cards... It just feels non-AoE3-like, weird, bizarre, odd, strange, unusual, unorthodox and queer :hmm:
I have the same feeling :hmm:
Only give them 2 uhlans per shipment in Fortress ? or is it a bad idea because it doesnt affect early fortress that much[spoiler=spoiler]
hmm.jpg
[/spoiler]
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Dsy wrote:Just buff ww rotation speed... :D

Actually tho. They're not bad units, just nearly impossible to micro, especially near pretty much any obstacle.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

pecelot wrote:Im personally not a fan of exceptions like removing uhlans from CERTAIN cards... It just feels non-AoE3-like, weird, bizarre, odd, strange, unusual, unorthodox and queer :hmm:

same here. From what I've seen on streams I like the way ulhan/germans are atm, except for WWs (not even sure since I don't play the game atm, they might be just fine). As previously mentioned reduce training time + cost would be a good idea imo. Not sure if changing their rotation speed would be relevant since being hard to micro is partly what differentiate them from goons. The unit was made to be that way, is that what garja would say? :chinese:
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

benj89 wrote:

same here. From what I've seen on streams I like the way ulhan/germans are atm, except for WWs (not even sure since I don't play the game atm, they might be just fine). As previously mentioned reduce training time + cost would be a good idea imo. Not sure if changing their rotation speed would be relevant since being hard to micro is partly what differentiate them from goons. The unit was made to be that way, is that what garja would say? :chinese:

Garja says some pretty dumb shit occasionally tho (no offense based garja)
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

forgrin wrote:
Dsy wrote:Just buff ww rotation speed... :D

They're not bad units

They suck ass

I'd rather have that than uhlan hp overnerf

Jerom wrote:You just have to stick to 7-9 uhlan semi ff strats now, massing uhlans in colonial isnt as free of a win now. Germany didnt feel that destroyed to me tbh, I liked shipping blavkriders while making skirms, which results into a pretty balanced unit composition that doesnt rely solely on uhlans.

You should almost never go for 9 cav semi, and you can't just skirm br in all match ups

Darwin_ wrote:Germany is okay as a whole, but Uhlans just suck. They are not even really worth building on this version of EP; I would almost rather have 3 ww over 8 uhlans in my deck now which is not a good thing. If we keep the Uhlan nerf, we definitely need to counter-buff ww, probably increasing their hand resist a bit to 30% or 40%, or buffing their attack from 42 to 45 or so.

Germany is not ok as a whole. Also 3 ww has always been a better shipment than 8 uhlans. And those ww buffs are useless

_H2O wrote:Germany is honestly fine. They don't win for free anymore but certainly don't lose. You have to play them a bit smarter than you used to in how you're unit comps come together. And that's not even factoring in raiding which I have not seen much of.

Would you ever pick them in tourney ? Because you didn't seem to feel quite that way recently.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

I wouldnt but I think mike would
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah because it's one of his main civs. If he mastered all 14 civs (like you do I guess) I'm pretty sure he wouldn't pick them.