Russians Discussion Thread

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Russian Discussion Thread

Post by zoom »

Papist wrote:
zoom wrote:Yes, a whooping six of them every ten minutes.

The bias is stronk with this one.

No need to get snarky, I was just pointing out that they have 15 strong musk in Fortress.

They do have that available, however I think they should be a playable civilization after they've used three unit shipments as well.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

They're playable. You get more units out of your batches (for a cheaper cost) so even if you can't go full anticav it should be ok.
Image Image Image
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

zoom wrote:
Papist wrote:
zoom wrote:Yes, a whooping six of them every ten minutes.

The bias is stronk with this one.

No need to get snarky, I was just pointing out that they have 15 strong musk in Fortress.

They do have that available, however I think they should be a playable civilization after they've used three unit shipments as well.

If they had access to a lot of strong anticav, they would be even more powerful than they are already. And I think we can all agree that China's Fortress doesn't exactly need a buff.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:They're playable. You get more units out of your batches (for a cheaper cost) so even if you can't go full anticav it should be ok.

That's exactly my point! They are playable after shipments, and here's the only reason why: They have Forbidden Army.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

The have 6 units instead of 5 per batch. And at a minor cost.
Image Image Image
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

6 units is nice if you want that composition in equal numbers. It sucks when you want to power out skirms but you have to take ether 3 swords or 2 cav.
mad cuz bad
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

so much for a russian dicussion thread ;)
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

My bad. There was so much China discussion I thought the thread was about China.
mad cuz bad
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Nobody mentioned that russian age 3 unit shipments are not that good. They deserve a buff.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Russia Confirmed OP now? They're pretty damn good in 2v2.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Darwin_ wrote:Russia Confirmed OP now? They're pretty damn good in 2v2.

Not really... France, jap, brit and maybe even india are better.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Can someone explain to me how 45f in age 1 suddenly made russia super good?
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Its just that they were already pretty good, but were just awkward, but with that extra bit of food around, it makes all of their timings much easier and crisper. They are much better in team because their lack of true skirmishers isnt as big of a deal.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Jerom wrote:Can someone explain to me how 45f in age 1 suddenly made russia super good?

Because people don't know how to counter Russia but even then they could easily win as fre/ger but now they got nerfed and Russia buffed they can't win anymore :(
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Russia Confirmed OP now? They're pretty damn good in 2v2.

Not really... France, jap, brit and maybe even india are better.

In 2v2 ? Russia is better than France in 2v2 now, also pretty sure they're better than brits. India is ofc better because it's the best 2v2 civ or one of the best.

Jerom wrote:Can someone explain to me how 45f in age 1 suddenly made russia super good?

It snowballs. You get your vils faster in age 1, you age with less idle time, you cut less vils in colo since they're cheaper. On top of that you ofc save those 15f per batch, which just adds to what I said. And france/ger, which countered russia, were nerfed.
I don't think russia is super good though. I mean, it's really good in team (it has never been a bad civ there, and now cav civs have been nerfed so russia is really good), but in 1v1 I think it's close to what we should aim. Probs a bit better than average but not much.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

first of all russia was never that bad in team to bigin with. making russia's age 1 smoother and less dependent on food tres is a good thing. i dont think that this change made russia op at all. the problem in team r the changes to both uhlan hp and -100f for french. the two most typical cavcivs (sioux isnt a real civ...) r struggling now to break the russian team's fb, germany with more paper like uhlan and french often ends up with a terrible age up time.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

To go on topic. I would love to see Russia with cav archers that have no load animation.

It's one of those intangibles that matters a lot and would make Russia stronger at high level while not making them super strong at lower levels. They already are easy to play at those levels.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

_H2O wrote:To go on topic. I would love to see Russia with cav archers that have no load animation.

It's one of those intangibles that matters a lot and would make Russia stronger at high level while not making them super strong at lower levels. They already are easy to play at those levels.

I know that you would like that but imo it's the design of the civ, to be a colonial civ. So you just go musk/huss instead of semi ff. Honestly even if you buffed CAs, I would still play colo lol.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

_H2O wrote:To go on topic. I would love to see Russia with cav archers that have no load animation.

Pretty sure you would have to decrease the ROF then because otherwise they would totally rape everything including goons @Kaiserklein
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Ye CA would be obviously too good with instant fire. And even tweaking the stats to compensate it wouldmean that the unit becomes different. I mean with the same reasoning we could turn all the non insta fire units into insta ones but with 3.0 rof, which despite being cool for micro would reduce the variety in the game.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well yeah CA already shit on goons when you don't kite, the only thing that makes goons sometimes better is the way they kite, so if you give CA no animation I'm pretty sure they would become too good
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

I know that you would like that but imo it's the design of the civ, to be a colonial civ. So you just go musk/huss instead of semi ff. Honestly even if you buffed CAs, I would still play colo lol.

I think you have the misguided opinion that Russia wins age 2. They are decent but not unstoppable. I would feel comfortable even with Spain colonial vs Russia. Hussars just do so well vs Russia if it's not laggy or low level game.

That also leads you to say what Russia was meant to be (age 2).

Either way, the civ loses out eventually due to anticav. I think the design of the cav archer is just poorly done and doesn't work unfortunately.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

_H2O wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

I think you have the misguided opinion that Russia wins age 2. They are decent but not unstoppable. I would feel comfortable even with Spain colonial vs Russia. Hussars just do so well vs Russia if it's not laggy or low level game.

And how would Russia win in age 3? Even worse.
I think that you underrate musks but that's a matter of opinion.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

It's not a matter of opinion. It's a matter of results I suppose. I think I don't under rate Russian muskets.

I also know I over stated lately that I think other muskets are weaker. I say that because the average player just thinks they are strictly better than say crossbows.

I mean I don't like Russia as they are a pretty easy civ, so everyone rating them so highly is fine by me. Tournament results kinda show they don't win age 2 or age 3.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

There aren't many decent Russian players tho, if any at all.
CA change is unrelated anyway.
Image Image Image