Russians Discussion Thread

Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Re: Russian Discussion Thread

Post by princeofkabul »

or just implement HD to russian vills immediately and leave their crappy units untouched, they're meant to be shit. they red commies afterall
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

princeofkabul wrote:or just implement HD to russian vills immediately and leave their crappy units untouched, they're meant to be shit. they red commies afterall

Would Russia even build a market in some games then? :hmm:

I do like the overpopping idea suggested earlier in the thread though. China is able to overpop their banner armies, and I definitely make use of it every game.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:Right now strelets cost something like 375f and 100w for 10 when imo it should cost something like 0f and 0w for 10 but then houses should cost 375f and 100w goodspeed you can thank me later.

Noting that it is a joke, I was amused to realize how fucking OP this would be. Of course at first its even but then you'll be spamming 20-30 strelets at a time for free from blockhouses. I guess you can get like 7 blockhouses plus some infantry training cards and legitemately be unbeatable.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

momuuu wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Right now strelets cost something like 375f and 100w for 10 when imo it should cost something like 0f and 0w for 10 but then houses should cost 375f and 100w goodspeed you can thank me later.

Noting that it is a joke, I was amused to realize how fucking OP this would be. Of course at first its even but then you'll be spamming 20-30 strelets at a time for free from blockhouses. I guess you can get like 7 blockhouses plus some infantry training cards and legitemately be unbeatable.

But there is a pretty insane xp tribute to your opponent if you go pure strelet and strelets, while efficient, don't have any scary base damage or siege potential and can just be ignored in some cases. I think someone could get out played if they made pure strelet. Oh I just remembered you could delete 90% of your villager pop and still spawn them. :hmm: I had fun thinking about it too -- it just seems so ridiculous.

Mitoe once told me Russia units are free (after upgrade cards) and it's stuck in my head so much as mostly true. I love to joke about it.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

bwinner1 wrote:Rusket are not bad Imo. I am against this change and tbh I don't understand why russia need a buff. It's my main civ with brit ans tbh I am pretty sure my winrate us higher with russia than with brit even though every one say brit are op.
Btw I fail to see how a 5f/vil change brings russia from botom to top civ whearas it doesn't change much with fr and port is blanced with a 15f/vil change.

Because russia is the easiest civ in the game together with otto and sioux. Russia has to be one of the weakest civs on ep right now. I wouldnt like an age 2 buff but something that makes the age3 option more viable so that they can keep up with the semi ff/ff civs
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Mitoe wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:or just implement HD to russian vills immediately and leave their crappy units untouched, they're meant to be shit. they red commies afterall

Would Russia even build a market in some games then? :hmm:

I do like the overpopping idea suggested earlier in the thread though. China is able to overpop their banner armies, and I definitely make use of it every game.

for steel traps and rest of the upgrades? i don't know. you tell me
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

tedere12 wrote:I wouldnt like an age 2 buff but something that makes the age3 option more viable so that they can keep up with the semi ff/ff civs

Maybe giving Russia the governor politician (1 BH + 200G) together with better unit shipments in age III would help.

It would allow a build like market + tp in transition to age II, BH from the wagon, 700G + 200G -> age III. Similar to spanish ff.

Goodspeed thank me later,
Richard
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

In some aspect Ruskets are actually improved musketeers. If you're rushing hard, like Russia often does, then you want to get as many units as possible that die in as many shots of a TC as possible. The ruskets are more effective against TC fire than normal musketeers, and this is a scenario that does come forward a lot in Russia games. I'm not saying russian musketeers are bad or good overall, or anything about how strong russia is, but this is just an interesting consideration.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

I wouldn't buff ruskets. It's the very nature of Russia to have shitty easily massable units. Wouldn't touch that
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

rusket don't do as good as musket vs huss but they beat musk (cost effectivly) so that's fine and as momuu said, there is plenty of other cases where rusket are very good.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:I wouldn't buff ruskets. It's the very nature of Russia to have shitty easily massable units. Wouldn't touch that

Nah. Russia is weak. Has weak units. Weak eco. But you nerf russia buff but not japan. Kurva. Should give blockhouses gathering rate aura.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:
lordraphael wrote:I wouldn't buff ruskets. It's the very nature of Russia to have shitty easily massable units. Wouldn't touch that

Nah. Russia is weak. Has weak units. Weak eco. But you nerf russia buff but not japan. Kurva. Should give blockhouses gathering rate aura.

Watch out haha, that latter idea might be taken seriously.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Great idea. It would enhance Russia's unique play style where they go for early map control and try not to let go. Spreading BH's could have the added bonus of increasing gather rate around the map
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I like this idea. +10% gathering if in a radar of 50 range from a blockhouse.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Lol.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

somppukunkku wrote:I like this idea. +10% gathering if in a radar of 50 range from a blockhouse.

ok. i agree with this, but then we also want building restriction radius like cherry orchards and teepees. No more 8 Somppu Blockhouses right next to each other! :kinggreen: :uglylol:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Now that we are at it let's give Iro and Aztec the same boosting mechanic :uglylol:
Image Image Image
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Maybe we should give all buildings (units too?) a gather rate aura?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Would be interesting yes. Should give explorers an eco aura. So you have to choose. Boost eco or tank in warrrrr!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Or... or maybe we should consider 225f vills for Russia if we really think the civ needs a buff? :uglylol:
In all seriousness I really think Russia isn't placed so bad at the moment with Germans and French nerfed. I played Russia for like 3 weeks doing strats that play around building a TP in transition instead of the usual blockhouse. That already makes the builds way smoother. Then tried 17v age ups with 1 or 2 TPs and then also tried to send eco theory after the wood trickle in age1 (2 TPs). You can do musk/coss play into aging or just colonial with stagecoach. Because Russia spares a card on 5 cossacks you can hold the TP line vs non aggressive civs like Fre and Germans. Vs other civs you can decide to use this approach or simply rely on old rushy stuff. Russia only has very few bad MUs (India and maybe Aztec and Iro) while all the other ones are not so bad.
Then again if considered on the whole spectrum of maps Russia isn't bad at all because they naturally become more competitive vs "TP civs".
Image Image Image
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

how about +5 total pop space and start with 100w always?
The pop space can be granted upon age up to 2 and it would serve as some "overpopping" space enough for a whole musket bactch

or how about...if you have the res for a unit batch and at least one pop you can queu the batch. If the batch finishes and you don't have sufficient pop then the res are returned to you, this would be helpful during fights when you have units dying so you can replenish army using the same pop space rather than having to build new houses or granting russia the ability to overpop.
De Funk
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Just give Russia 255f vills and call it quits....
United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

Post by charlemango »

Why does everyone act like russia vils have to be 255f or 270f? There's no reason it has to be divisible by 3. I say we test out 260f vils, that will be a small buff that won't be OP.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

this civ is literally so horseshit that I dont even have a home city anymore.
its absolutely useless.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

somppukunkku wrote:this civ is literally so horseshit that I dont even have a home city anymore.
its absolutely useless.

Stop being such a drama queen christ