Russians Discussion Thread

France iNcog
Ninja

Russians Discussion Thread

Post by iNcog »

This is the Russian Discussion thread, where several topics concerning this civilization on the ESOC Patch may be discussed. We're looking for feedback on the current state of balance, from the community's standpoint.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Russian Discussion Thread

Post by Hazza54321 »

Free hunting dogs, boyars affects musk rather than opris gg no re
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Serious suggestion: plus one range for strelets upon each upgrade.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Mine was serious
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

hazza54321 wrote:Free hunting dogs, boyars affects musk rather than opris gg no re
You''re seriously suggesting to make Boyars increase the hitpoints and damage of every Colonial Age unit Russians have by 15%?
: O
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

boyars already so good

nah i would settle with strelki range or something similar.

a nerf to russia's ultra late game would be nice but idk
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag wearegood
Musketeer

Post by wearegood »

strelet range +2 and for stronger early fortress, 2 x 2 falc card
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Id really settle for +1 strelet range to start with in terms of testing.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Strelet range is uniquely small, as much as any Russia player would love that change it's standardizing the unit so it's not happening.

I would be more into simply +100f to starting crates.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Putin is actually a great president.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

calmyourtits wrote:Strelet range is uniquely small, as much as any Russia player would love that change it''s standardizing the unit so it''s not happening.

Right, which is why I''d test having Suvorov Reforms increase infantry speed (among other things) sooner than I''d test increased range.

This is of course all presuming that Strelets need a late-game buff in the first place.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

jerom wrote:Serious suggestion: plus one range for strelets upon each upgrade.
Ruins uniqueness.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

What? Who cares about uniqueness when the unit is actually useless later in the game and cant touch goons?! Russia has SO MANY things that are unique, how does changing the range on ONE of their units while letting everything else untouched "ruin" anything? Strelets still have unique stats, unique costs, are the only unit in the game that is built in batches of 10 and have 4.5 speed. Give me a break.

Dont let uniqueness stand in your way when it comes to balancing, you gotta make some adjustments sooner or later.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Strelets are a great unit even late game, very cost effective and Russia's problem if there is one, is not in the late game anyway.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

blasdg wrote:What? Who cares about uniqueness when the unit is actually useless later in the game and cant touch goons?! Russia has SO MANY things that are unique, how does changing the range on ONE of their units while letting everything else untouched "ruin" anything? Strelets still have unique stats, unique costs, are the only unit in the game that is built in batches of 10 and have 4.5 speed. Give me a break.

Dont let uniqueness stand in your way when it comes to balancing, you gotta make some adjustments sooner or later.

Yea saying you won''t give a skirmisher type unit at least close to standard range for a skirmisher unit because you don''t wanna ruin the a civs "uniqueness" sounds like a load of bs to me. Russia wouldn''t be any less unique if you upped strelets range,theyre the only civ that has strelets which seems pretty fucking unique to me....
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I disagree with the +100f since the rush would be very hard to hold.
15musk+9coss when you have 10 units is very hard to hold.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

calmyourtits wrote:Strelet range is uniquely small, as much as any Russia player would love that change it''s standardizing the unit so it''s not happening.

It would make them have 700f start sometimes, isn''t it really much ? You would be able to age up so fast
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Tbh russia are fine as they are. As gs said in an other thread, they have some unexplored options.
Blackstar_op's russians were insane fir example.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

The main problem of Russia and the reason why it is not a very strong civilization is that their early economy is bad, they don't have villager shipments and have to invest a lot into making villagers in big batches, so they can't really punish age ups or age up themselves. It takes time for villagers in batches to pay off and when they have paid off the Russian player faces a massive tech advantage or loses map control.

So my suggestions are to add 1 more starting villager, make the villager batch cost 240 food (like Portuguese) and at the same time nerf 5 cossacks to 4. If Russia will turn out to be too strong it might be a good idea to remove 1 food crate.

Boyars boosting musketeers is a bad idea. Historically boyars were Russian aristocracy in the 14-17th century, while European type musketeers (like in the game) appeared in Russia in the late 17 century, so they couldn't be boyars. :)
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Ok maybe not musk with boyars , but things like aa should give a arsenal wagon and cheaper upgrades, aa is sorta similare to an age 1 bank card, as in investing 700res and a shipment on 4 vills
My reasoning with hunting dogs for free is that russia have 5vills for the first minute of the game so its not that influential, it would also make russia age at more consistent times, its a huge problem that all civs can afford vills and constant unit production meanwhile russia has to cut vills in order to keep up with early military, they have more expensive vills than ports, and that was part of russias bonus
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

blasdg wrote:What? Who cares about uniqueness when the unit is actually useless later in the game and cant touch goons?! Russia has SO MANY things that are unique, how does changing the range on ONE of their units while letting everything else untouched "ruin" anything? Strelets still have unique stats, unique costs, are the only unit in the game that is built in batches of 10 and have 4.5 speed. Give me a break.

Cetan bows also have 4.5 speed now
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

edeholland wrote:
Ruins uniqueness.
So the abus +2 range on veteran change will be reverted, right?

I think russia suffers badly in fortress. They cant fight at all, they just cant contest skirm goon imo. strelet range being increased by 1 is an extremely minor deal, but I think it would help russia out exactly where they are lacking.

But never mind that, rip uniqueness.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

edeholland wrote:
Ruins uniqueness.
russias one of the most unique civs in the game
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

hazza54321 wrote:Ok maybe not musk with boyars , but things like aa should give a arsenal wagon and cheaper upgrades, aa is sorta similare to an age 1 bank card, as in investing 700res and a shipment on 4 vills
My reasoning with hunting dogs for free is that russia have 5vills for the first minute of the game so its not that influential, it would also make russia age at more consistent times, its a huge problem that all civs can afford vills and constant unit production meanwhile russia has to cut vills in order to keep up with early military, they have more expensive vills than ports, and that was part of russias bonus
I think Advanced Arsenal should arrive with an Arsenal Wagon and I think Socket Bayonet should have its cost halved. I think one of the effects you describe for AA is plenty.

The general buffs I''d first consider for Russians are these:

?? Settler Batch cost decreased from 270f to 250f.
?? Blockhouse population room increased from 5 to 10.

I''d personally then also consider nerfing Boyars and revamping Suvorov Reforms to buff Russian infantry.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

you've gotta be aware that buffing russian early game is going to make their rush stronger. Something you don't really want when considering the midlevel players.