Russians Discussion Thread

Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Re: Russian Discussion Thread

Post by yemshi »

Should we talk about a 30min age 2vsade 3 you might be right. But at that point russia is 3 anyway.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

BS_OP says this easily russia favored:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KC5HeW3B78&t=2725s
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Egopost
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

IAmSoldieR wrote:BS_OP says this easily russia favored:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KC5HeW3B78&t=2725s

>EP
>non-TP map
:uglylol:
at least that particular game I would not find as a good example...
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

theres like 4 games that MU...
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

tedere12 wrote:I think russia beat dutch, from what we've seen last tourney (lordraphael vs irish/goongoon)

funny but i also won my dutch vs russia game
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I honestly do not even begin to understand why people jumped on the russia is OP wagon so quickly. I think that on the standard map russia hardly seems amazing, though there are definitely a few maps where Id be happy to play russia.

I think that at the very least india and ports beat russia, and that otto probably does so too. Id like to think that france, germany, spain and british have at least a close match up against russia, and dutch vs russia might be close too. I do not see how russia would stomp aztec. China and japan struggle, and iro and sioux lose to all civs anyways.

But if you look at that russia hardly even seems good. Why are we all acting like a bunch of parrots repeating whatever we hear without thinking about it first?
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

From my experience, at my level, russia fairly easily beats Germany.

Russia is not OP. They are one of the top civs. Prolly it goes Ports, Dutch, Russia, Brits for tier 1. Maybe azzy also.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Darwin_ wrote:at my level

there you go!
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Lel. I have heard from better players than myself that russia is better than germany as well. Also, Germany and russia are both fairly easy and intuitive civs, so I think the lower skill has an equal affect on both civs.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

yurashic wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:
yurashic wrote:Russia is the worst civ on RE and one of the worst on EP. These units don't beat anything, they lose to strong melee comps and are kited by ranged comps. To win with Russia you need to have double your opponents army, and this just does not happen.

??? How? Russia has relatively even or greater matchups against almost every civ on EP, save for Ports, India, and maybe azzy.

Portugal - impossible, you can't pressure them, they age up and win with good units.
Spain - very hard, new lancer cards rock.
France - very hard, you can't stop them from aging and making cuirs that beat everything you can make.
Britain - very hard, they are an age 2 civ too, but with 50% more eco and better units.
Netherlands - hard, they were buffed and maps are now good.
Germany - hard, uhlan nerf helps but still.
Ottomans - hard, FF was nerfed a lot but jan abus is still a thing.
Aztec - close.
Sioux - not sure.
Iroquois - not sure.
China - favored for Russia.
Japan - favored for Russia.
India - impossible, you just can't beat their units.

Russia defenitly beat French & Brit imo, & they crush iro/Sioux. Brit won't have 50% more eco & still be able to break the BH. French can age and when you hit up without dying you will have zero hunts in base & be fucked. I think it's like 60/40 for Russia both those MU's. I don't think there OP or anything but defenitly a solid civ, can contest water, instant map control in most matchups, scale well into colonial, there eco is not bad. They have stagecoach options, eco-semi FF options. Russia dictates the pace of the game in most MU's which is a really nice advantage. All that said I think the civ is 100% perfect as it is now in terms of balance.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Russia has no horrible matchups besides Ports, india and maybe spain.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

you do realise that azzie rapes russia.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

lordraphael wrote:you do realise that azzie rapes russia.

yes, but that said, azzy is probably the most underplayed civ in the game that is actually good imo. In the past tourney (I didn't watch all the games) but I did not see azzy one time.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Darwin_ wrote:From my experience, at my level, russia fairly easily beats Germany.

Russia is not OP. They are one of the top civs. Prolly it goes Ports, Dutch, Russia, Brits for tier 1. Maybe azzy also.

aka completely irrelevant?
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Well many of the active, consistent players on the EP are in the pr 20-27 range, so I do think that my experience is still relevant.
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Jerom wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:From my experience, at my level, russia fairly easily beats Germany.

aka completely irrelevant?

I'd much rather be Russia, in that MU lol, you can just sit on Germans 3rd mine & Hunt with a BH, and deal with one shipment at a time, will hurting him early game with some Cossacks/Musk. And the uhlan nerf helps Russia's biggest weakness, having some decent anti-cav.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Darwin_ wrote:Lel. I have heard from better players than myself that russia is better than germany as well. Also, Germany and russia are both fairly easy and intuitive civs, so I think the lower skill has an equal affect on both civs.

I also heard to better players than myself that Germany is better than Russia.

Are they as easy to play as your Ports vs Otto/Russ?
Great Britain Jeedos
Musketeer
ESO: GodofSquishy

Post by Jeedos »

Russians in 2017 LUL.
'I meme so' - British Longbowman.

Favourite civs; Dutch/Spanish.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

pecelot wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Lel. I have heard from better players than myself that russia is better than germany as well. Also, Germany and russia are both fairly easy and intuitive civs, so I think the lower skill has an equal affect on both civs.

I also heard to better players than myself that Germany is better than Russia.

Are they as easy to play as your Ports vs Otto/Russ?

Using EP ports as an example is IMO inherently flawed because they dont really have any bad match ups, especially those two. However, I think most people would say that Germany is the easier civ to actually play, maybe not so much to win with. There is just a lot less involved when playing Germans, as if you know the build orders and rough timings, you are probably fine.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

somppukunkku wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:In pr 20 games maybe
At any level.

Oh okay. Good to know that a pr 20 or whatever you are knows so much about this game.

Well It Is possible. A guy Can have a good skills ti analizates the whole game and don't have the hands to play it good. In the ESO team Who tested patches all the time there wasn't only op players. There was also people behind that don't played it a lot.
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Russia in EP is a playable civ now. Not horrible like in re. But is really far to call it tier1. Now Can play some MU that on re where really too hard. But on EP there are a lot of civs that are better then Russia. Maybe the only civ Who really now get more problems vs Russia Is jap, while on re jap Just Wins it. All the other civs Can do better vs Russia. In my opinion Russia has to be made like he is in Nilla. Vills cost 340. And some cards in age 3. Becouse Russia has a big lack in age 3. In tad cav are better and stronger. Russia Is a civ that suffer by cavs. Making strelez Bonus vs cav 0.8 was the worst thing eso could done.
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I think Russia on EP is pretty much the same as on RE but that is just me.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

Vills dont cost 340 good on nilla raguuu.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Needs a different change, re russia is still sub par ep russia is a little over the age it seems, however this may be due to their main counters being nerfed ( iro, sioux, france germany) if we reverted france and germany i feel they would be on par with ep ports if not slightly lower