Russians Discussion Thread

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Russian Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiserklein »

rikikipu wrote:I would like to understand something. Port doesn''t have villager shipment (as russia) and they have quite oftenly 3 TC soon (FF/semi-FF). Then, spending 300f for 3 vills was too much, you have decided to switch to 240f. While at the same moment russian vills still cost 270f. I think switching that 270f to 250f for russia would be a bit balanced seeing port changes.
Also, russian vils actually cost more than 270f since they get out after 50 sec of training, while other civs would have 1 vil gathering from 25 sec of training. It makes you lose ~20 food so russian vils are almost 100f each
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

hazza54321 wrote:
zoom wrote:Has no effect on my scenario. Only the animation speed would make a difference there.
in practice youll see
Yes, and Ive never seen that in practice with Dragoons of equal range where both players were actively microing.

Id love some recorded game(s) where I can see what you are claiming.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

The patch seems great and I can't wait to play on it bu one thing bothers me. Not wanting to increase strelets range is fine: this unit already rocks :). However using civ uniqueness as a argument not to increase it is bs as there is apparently no prob in decreasing port vill cost (to 80f) which make the 90f russian vil quite pale in comparison and it requires 270f total to train a batch. 50% training speed advantage is nothing compared with having a 2nd TC in age 2.

IMO a slight buff for russia would be nice, like the AA improvement mentioned above, but not essential. But port new balance is killing one of the few things russia had so I'm not in favor of it...
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

kaiserklein wrote:
rikikipu wrote:I would like to understand something. Port doesnt have villager shipment (as russia) and they have quite oftenly 3 TC soon (FF/semi-FF). Then, spending 300f for 3 vills was too much, you have decided to switch to 240f. While at the same moment russian vills still cost 270f. I think switching that 270f to 250f for russia would be a bit balanced seeing port changes.
Also, russian vils actually cost more than 270f since they get out after 50 sec of training, while other civs would have 1 vil gathering from 25 sec of training. It makes you lose ~20 food so russian vils are almost 100f each
Then you are forgetting that they train 1.5 times faster so they can start gathering early, meaning they cost less again
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

deuxballesman wrote:The patch seems great and I can''t wait to play on it bu one thing bothers me. Not wanting to increase strelets range is fine: this unit already rocks :). However using civ uniqueness as a argument not to increase it is bs as there is apparently no prob in decreasing port vill cost (to 80f) which make the 90f russian vil quite pale in comparison and it requires 270f total to train a batch. 50% training speed advantage is nothing compared with having a 2nd TC in age 2.

IMO a slight buff for russia would be nice, like the AA improvement mentioned above, but not essential. But port new balance is killing one of the few things russia had so I''m not in favor of it...
I personally agree entirely with you. The change was popular with the community and most of the team though so an exception was made.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The goons vs skirm type unit is some recurrent bs I read everywhere.
First, infantry units stand closer to each other so given the same range you get more infantry units shooting than goons.
Second, skirms usually have either more range or extra speed (like in the case of maces and strelets).
Third, goons have a small but perceptible setup animation which causes them to fire slightly later than infantry units and thus take more shoots.
Fourth and more importantly, there is no way that in real game you are able to focus on outranging strelets with goons. You can do it once maybe, but if the game is action packed focusing on goon micro would be a huge waste of attention. Also no game is totally lagfree to do that consistently.
Image Image Image
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

edeholland wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:Also, russian vils actually cost more than 270f since they get out after 50 sec of training, while other civs would have 1 vil gathering from 25 sec of training. It makes you lose ~20 food so russian vils are almost 100f each
Then you are forgetting that they train 1.5 times faster so they can start gathering early, ?meaning they cost less again

But again Ports have a second TC so russia is also behind in term of training speed.
No Flag pikadasgalaxias
Musketeer

Post by pikadasgalaxias »

For me Russia is a good civ, and do not need changes. But as it has many people crying for improvement there. There can be nothing very relevant as certain things and I've read this post. Something interesting is to provide two shipments of letters from military units, similar to the Japanese. But no echo. Why Russia is a MILITARY civ. We must accept that.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

pikadasgalaxias wrote:For me Russia is a good civ, and do not need changes. But as it has many people crying for improvement there. There can be nothing very relevant as certain things and I''ve read this post. Something interesting is to provide two shipments of letters from military units, similar to the Japanese. But no echo. Why Russia is a MILITARY civ. We must accept that.
russias an eco civ lmao
Germany fard
Dragoon
ESO: Fard

Post by fard »

zoom wrote:
fard wrote:No i dont mean port goons, but tbh u cant fight goons with strelets, and that sucks because they should counter them usually.
Yea indeed they scale really well, i even said no need to buff them.
I only like the idea to increse the range of strelets, maybe give it a try? Not now but in future
Why cant you fight Dragoons with their hard counter which has the same range?

Bc goons > everything in aoe lel
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

hazza54321 wrote:
pikadasgalaxias wrote:For me Russia is a good civ, and do not need changes. But as it has many people crying for improvement there. There can be nothing very relevant as certain things and Ive read this post. Something interesting is to provide two shipments of letters from military units, similar to the Japanese. But no echo. Why Russia is a MILITARY civ. We must accept that.
russias an eco civ lmao
russia has like 2nd best eco in late game and like top5 in mid game
Image Image Image
No Flag pikadasgalaxias
Musketeer

Post by pikadasgalaxias »

Did you mean game early. Russia invests more in military than in the first 12 minutes eco ...
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

garja wrote:
hazza54321 wrote:russias an eco civ lmao
Better then brits, porto, ted, china, jap in late game?? i dont think so, not in supremacy and not in TR, i think the civs i quoted have a best late eco, and maybe french,not so sure.
Anyway we need some pro that play vs other pro using mono russia as Darwin did. If no pro want use russia for enought time or in a tournament (and i can guess why), nobody can tell russia is ok. Russia is good sure, but all the other civs are better
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

garja wrote:
hazza54321 wrote:russias an eco civ lmao
yeah i meant russia is an eco civ, he said it was military, sorry my comment didnt make it clear
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

diarouga wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:Hahaha I would have never bet even $1 that you would ever say something like that
I changed my mind about russia.
Y?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

ovi12 wrote:
diarouga wrote:I changed my mind about russia.
Y?

I played some russian games and found some interesting options.
Theyre still below average imo but not the worst.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

diarouga wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Y?
what civ is the worst then?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

jerom wrote:
diarouga wrote:I played some russian games and found some interesting options.
Hard to tell, on the re Id say port on land, definitely.
On the fp though, it might be spain/iro (not sure for iro) and then russia.
But thats really hard to tell since on the fp, every civs win few MUs, like spain do well vs dutch/port.
But russia do very well vs jap and china which are top civs.
No Flag anonymousv2
Musketeer

Post by anonymousv2 »

Age 3 strelet combat shipment that gives +15% all actions damage and hitpoints but also boosts range +6
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Lol +6 ranges haha, best joke ever.
No Flag anonymousv2
Musketeer

Post by anonymousv2 »

jerom wrote:
diarouga wrote:I played some russian games and found some interesting options.
I would say that, with the patch, there is no worst civ. There are definitely 3 clear tiers, but there is no outlier on either side of the spectrum. If I had to say one civ, I would say Sioux, but grudgingly so.
No Flag anonymousv2
Musketeer

Post by anonymousv2 »

diarouga wrote:Lol +6 ranges haha, best joke ever.
What is so funny? It might be too much, but one of the age 3 problems for russia is that they have no skirmisher-type unit that can kite. Giving strelet more range makes sense.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

anonymous wrote:
diarouga wrote:Lol +6 ranges haha, best joke ever.
What is so funny? It might be too much, but one of the age 3 problems for russia is that they have no skirmisher-type unit that can kite. Giving strelet more range makes sense.
+6??
Do you know that port have an age4 shipment to increase goons range that they send every games when theyre in age4 coz thats op?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

diarouga wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Y?
by interesting options you mean 9 coss 15musk every game lol