Russians Discussion Thread

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Russian Discussion Thread

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

kaiserklein wrote:
diarouga wrote:Tbh russia are fine as they are. As gs said in an other thread, they have some unexplored options.
Blackstar_ops russians were insane fir example.
Hahaha I would have never bet even $1 that you would ever say something like that
I changed my mind about russia.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Make a shipment called TarTar sauce, for tartar loyalists. The sauce makes their mouth feel like its on fire so they make their horses go faster. +1.5 speed, -10% armor
Error 404: Signature not found
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

somppukunkku wrote:
garja wrote:MUs they win comfortably:
- spain
- japan
Are you fucking kidding me? How could you possibly win japa? They can wall and ship colonialmilitia shit which 1 hits all your infantry.
In age 3 japan army is like 9000% better.

I would also like to know how to beat a good spain ff comfortably. You have to take 2 canns down colonial which is pretty hard when theres tons of shit. Also lancers just pwn russia.

Fair MUs:
-Porto BEFORE FP. Now porto even better.
-Dutch, same as porto.
-Brit
-Spain

Getting fucking rekt MUs:
Everything else

You dont play jap but beating a russian without cm is just impossible. And then most of the russians just overcommit and loose.
I have super hard time as jap vs russia.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

From what I watched by recs and experience in general, I think Russian Spain is a fair MU on tad, Russian get rekt by Spain on nilla. Russian Japan idk... I actually tested this MU many times and almost of the time I had a very hard time as Japan vs a Russian all in rush. You realise that wall is probably your good chance of win, but if you don't know the MU you will actually get rekt from Russian. What you want to as Russian is kill many vills on early game, if you try to push, see the wall and just back you can't really expect to win vs jap. I talked to kynesie and he told me his opinion (same thing), Russian has the advantage but it's not impossible as jap if you do all stuff correctly. Russian is a good civ in my opinion, I would just buff them a bit, because they aren't able to win vs Otto on tp maps, iro, and vs Indian. For the rest they are good. This is just my opinion anyway..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

They can now beat iro, and 2 hopeless mus is k.
Germany fard
Dragoon
ESO: Fard

Post by fard »

Russia is totally ok. No need to buff anything, but i like the idea to add an additional range for Strelets. I had hard times playing in lategame vs Goons. They just kyte strelets so hard. But this would be the only thing i would change, russias eco is strong in mid and lategame.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

You mean Port goons? I think you can expect them to be nerfed over strelets being buffed.

Strelets are paper but still quite cost effective in late game. You just need to have fast training infantry and a bunch of BH.

But I say again, late game is not Russia's problem! In fact they scale really well.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

I would like to understand something. Port doesn't have villager shipment (as russia) and they have quite oftenly 3 TC soon (FF/semi-FF). Then, spending 300f for 3 vills was too much, you have decided to switch to 240f. While at the same moment russian vills still cost 270f. I think switching that 270f to 250f for russia would be a bit balanced seeing port changes.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

But russia was better than port on land maps on the re.
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

Hi, as a russia lover, i think russia need to be buffed. For me strelez's range +2, their bonux vs cav 1x and not 0.8, and they have to be spammed istant as musk in late game. Musk needs a little improvement in age 2. For ther weak eco in early game, maybe vills 240 food will be enought. The russia late game will be ok whit this change. And i approved Zoom's idea "I'd personally then also consider nerfing Boyars and revamping Suvorov Reforms to buff Russian infantry."
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
Germany fard
Dragoon
ESO: Fard

Post by fard »

calmyourtits wrote:You mean Port goons? I think you can expect them to be nerfed over strelets being buffed.

Strelets are paper but still quite cost effective in late game. You just need to have fast training infantry and a bunch of BH.

But I say again, late game is not Russia''s problem! In fact they scale really well.

No i dont mean port goons, but tbh u cant fight goons with strelets, and that sucks because they should counter them usually.
Yea indeed they scale really well, i even said no need to buff them.
I only like the idea to increse the range of strelets, maybe give it a try? Not now but in future
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

kaiserklein wrote:
shaolinstar wrote:I agree with you but you are the one who was saying Russia is the worst civ ^^ You change your mind as often as you change your underwear :))
Then hes being quite constant in his statements isnt he ?
ROFL.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

fard wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:You mean Port goons? I think you can expect them to be nerfed over strelets being buffed.

But I say again, late game is not Russias problem! In fact they scale really well.
No i dont mean port goons, but tbh u cant fight goons with strelets, and that sucks because they should counter them usually.
I only like the idea to increse the range of strelets, maybe give it a try? Not now but in future
Why cant you fight Dragoons with their hard counter which has the same range?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

hazza54321 wrote:
jerom wrote:Feels about right. Though I am not sure how easily they beat Japan, and how close Dutch and ports are. Also honestly no clue about iro.

iro, sioux and otto are worse on ep though, theyd probably still lose vs otto I guess, I dont agree on france though, feel that mu is very close.

So its kinda close to being slightly weak, depending on how well they actually do vs Dutch/Ports/China/Sioux/France. Itd be interesting if you guys would shortly discuss some of these match ups.
they still lose to sioux, their military is just too strong and russias is weak
Iro russia is closer on fp maybe 55-45 because of their insane inf ups in age 2, werid how people dont complain about conservative tactics but they do about boyars
Dutch vs russia vs fair on re but due to their insane eco and xp from banks they can go age 3 relatively easily maybe some skirm and walls needed but then 6banks in fortess is so good
Ports is fair maybe not sure
France is very hard for russia, you have to play exceptionally well to win
China their ff is quick and strong and with 8 arq age up china are fine
People do complain about Conservative Tactics. However, its simply not quite as good as Boyars.

Its possible you already knew that though...
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

zoom wrote:
hazza54321 wrote: they still lose to sioux, their military is just too strong and russias is weak
Iro russia is closer on fp maybe 55-45 because of their insane inf ups in age 2, werid how people dont complain about conservative tactics but they do about boyars
Dutch vs russia vs fair on re but due to their insane eco and xp from banks they can go age 3 relatively easily maybe some skirm and walls needed but then 6banks in fortess is so good
Ports is fair maybe not sure
France is very hard for russia, you have to play exceptionally well to win
China their ff is quick and strong and with 8 arq age up china are fine
People do complain about Conservative Tactics. However, its simply not quite as good as Boyars.

yes but if it was 10% strelets would get an increase of hp by 8 and their attack will still be 8
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

zoom wrote:
fard wrote:No i dont mean port goons, but tbh u cant fight goons with strelets, and that sucks because they should counter them usually.
Why cant you fight Dragoons with their hard counter which has the same range?

because goons shoot and move back so quickly that only the front line of strelets shoot, also as a general thing i think goons should have 0.2 range resist, they are too good of a unit
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

lukas2223 wrote:I see some retards lurking around these parts. Russia is the worst civ in this new patch and people are wanting to NERF some aspects of it? If anything it needs some huge buffs and NOW.

Sincerely,

Any decent Russian player
you are right, what i read about russia is no sense. All civs own russia easy if played well, on new Fp dutch spain >'>'>'>' russia (also in normal tad). How can a civ whit no units vs cav in age2 win vs lancer?? and well mixed whit falconet musk of age 3 skirms. Hold two falconet for russia vs spain is too hard and often you will waste all units. Dutch still owns russia whit not so much problems. Only jap in the fp, can have problem becouse of the wall, wall yumi on fp is not strong as normal tad, where a keynesie''s wall style makes a no possibility game for russia to win it. India azzy china ted win vs russia really easy, not so much possibility, (i''ve seen some days ago garja vs diggy or how is his nickname, garja whit russia losted vs india, even if his micro was >'>'>'>', just losted it for the counter). Now porto owns russia too. Sioux iro easy for them too, Otto win this MU, as brit and french too. In team, where i use it often, russia is obscene, not a good eco in early game, the spam yes is good, but so much infantry units owns strelez, and russia musk, cossak are weak, can''t fight vs hussard or ulhans. In late is good, in age 4 whit oprick max upped, church and cards speeds( to have all game must be long), but in late too much civs have units that russia can''t contrast ( jinette,yumi,lancer,gendarmer,china''s units, coyote, mache, india''s units, cavs (ulhan expecially). I invite a pro to use mono russia 1v1, team and play vs other pro, not vs good player vs who they will win for micro. Do what darwin had done, becouse here i suppose no pro player have played russia enought, this maybe can help all to understand better this question
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

hazza54321 wrote:
zoom wrote:People do complain about Conservative Tactics. However, its simply not quite as good as Boyars.

yes but if it was 10% strelets would get an increase of hp by 8 and their attack will still be 8
Not at all ?? AoE3 uses decimal values when calculating damage and hitpoints.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

hazza54321 wrote:
zoom wrote:Why cant you fight Dragoons with their hard counter which has the same range?
because goons shoot and move back so quickly that only the front line of strelets shoot, also as a general thing i think goons should have 0.2 range resist, they are too good of a unit
In that case only the front line of Dragoons would fire as well, and this greatly favors Strelets on top of also being a counter.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

zoom wrote:
hazza54321 wrote: because goons shoot and move back so quickly that only the front line of strelets shoot, also as a general thing i think goons should have 0.2 range resist, they are too good of a unit
In that case only the front line of Dragoons would fire as well, and this greatly favors Strelets on top of also being a counter.

all goons fire
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I'm confused. How does that happen when Strelets have the same range and fire at least as fast as Dragoons?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Speed
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

You can do it with goons against any 12 range unit and it's super annoying bc units that should at least trade evenly with if not beat goons (ie musk) end of loosing to goons
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

hazza54321 wrote:Speed
Has no effect on my scenario. Only the animation speed would make a difference there.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

zoom wrote:
hazza54321 wrote:Speed
Has no effect on my scenario. Only the animation speed would make a difference there.

in practice youll see