French Discussion Thread

France iNcog
Ninja

French Discussion Thread

Post by iNcog »

This is the French Discussion thread, where several topics concerning this civilization on the ESOC Patch may be discussed. We're looking for feedback on the current state of balance, from the community's standpoint.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag pikadasgalaxias
Musketeer

French Discussion Thread

Post by pikadasgalaxias »

The difference of 20 food french courer to a normal settler is very little. The courer is MUCH higher than a settler. For this would be interesting courer cost a bit more expensive. About 140 food. The difference is still low, the courer will recover and more. But it would be more interesting in the beginning of the game that difference.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

French Discussion Thread

Post by zoom »

Actually its gather rates are exactly 25% higher than those of a Settler.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

French Discussion Thread

Post by yemshi »

remove them from the game ty
No Flag pikadasgalaxias
Musketeer

French Discussion Thread

Post by pikadasgalaxias »

25% collection. The more the fight? More than 20% for sure. 25 + 20 = 45% higher. So 40% more food.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

French Discussion Thread

Post by deleted_user0 »

They are perfect.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

French Discussion Thread

Post by Mimsy for President »

somppukunkku wrote:They are perfect.
Thanks. I''m perfect and I didn''t even say it. :heart:
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

French Discussion Thread

Post by Good ol Ivan »

Reduce coreur limit to 75.
Make cuirrs have colo stats like elephants.

Juuust perhaps, add 1.5 bonus against HI for coreurs? :P
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

French Discussion Thread

Post by momuuu »

Surely France could use a little ultra lategame nerf.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

French Discussion Thread

Post by deleted_user0 »

ivan wrote:Juuust perhaps, add 1.5 bonus against HI for coreurs? :P
Rofl never. In low hunt shits CDB pull is already really hard to hold.

Ye, maybe remove IV gendarme card if you do something.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

French Discussion Thread

Post by bobabu »

jerom wrote:Surely France could use a little ultra lategame nerf.

Ye but then you should also buff them in the mid game.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

French Discussion Thread

Post by Good ol Ivan »

somppukunkku wrote:
ivan wrote:Juuust perhaps, add 1.5 bonus against HI for coreurs? :P
Rofl never. In low hunt shits CDB pull is already really hard to hold.

Idk, i always bounce between thinking France is fine but other times France strikes me off as a below average civ.
Their colo isnt as good as Brits and their semi isnt as good as German...
Besides, according to elo - on average I have more wins against France than any other civ...
Then again I mostly play germs but still.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

French Discussion Thread

Post by momuuu »

bobabu wrote:
jerom wrote:Surely France could use a little ultra lategame nerf.
Ye but then you should also buff them in the mid game.

why? Their midgame is fine imo.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

French Discussion Thread

Post by britishmusketeer »

pikadasgalaxias wrote:25% collection. The more the fight? More than 20% for sure. 25 + 20 = 45% higher. So 40% more food.
They gather 25% faster, train 16% faster and cost 20% more. Basically it means they get a free vill every 5 mins of training vills.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah

French Discussion Thread

Post by Good ol Ivan »

britishmusketeer wrote:
pikadasgalaxias wrote:25% collection. The more the fight? More than 20% for sure. 25 + 20 = 45% higher. So 40% more food.
They gather 25% faster, train 16% faster and cost 20% more. Basically it means they get a free vill every 5 mins of training vills.
Lmao 1 free vill every 5 mins doesnt sound that good lol. Most games end before the 20 min mark...
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

French Discussion Thread

Post by britishmusketeer »

ivan wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:They gather 25% faster, train 16% faster and cost 20% more. Basically it means they get a free vill every 5 mins of training vills.?
Lmao 1 free vill every 5 mins doesnt sound that good lol. Most games end before the 20 min mark...

I guess the main advantage of french is the early economy and versitiliy as well as winning age 1.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

French Discussion Thread

Post by forgrin »

ivan wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:Rofl never. In low hunt shits CDB pull is already really hard to hold.

Idk, i always bounce between thinking France is fine but other times France strikes me off as a below average civ.
Besides, according to elo - on average I have more wins against France than any other civ...

France is kinda like India in the way they have a bunch of possible strats and have to pick the right one. Their individual strats arent gonna be as good, but they can always (in theory) pick a counter-strat to yours.

Obviously against Germans semi-FF, which is kinda broken-ly strong, they dont have a direct answer to that.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

French Discussion Thread

Post by Mimsy for President »

forgrin wrote:
ivan wrote:Idk, i always bounce between thinking France is fine but other times France strikes me off as a below average civ.

France is kinda like India in the way they have a bunch of possible strats and have to pick the right one. Their individual strats arent gonna be as good, but they can always (in theory) pick a counter-strat to yours.

Obviously against Germans semi-FF, which is kinda broken-ly strong, they dont have a direct answer to that.
Musk huss pikemen works pretty fine if youve dealt well with your opponents raids.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: French Discussion Thread

Post by Garja »

Lol this thread wasn't even sticky. We never discussed about French apparently.
Image Image Image
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

yeah, one time I noticed that and I wondered whether everyone just agrees on everything France-related :hmm:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Itt we didnt seem to think france was too strong. Pretty cool.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I still think that there needs to be a gendarme nerf. If you just make them scale off of colonial stats, their age v stats are still decent, and their age 3 isnt affected at all. Reduced training time did help to alleviate some of the problems with the cuir spam, so maybe its not necessary.

I think french were fine before 2.0, and that other civs should have been buffed to its level and not the other way around, but whatever. I would have liked to see a different change to fre instead of -100 food but I cant really think of anything besides slower training cdb's.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Darwin_ wrote:I still think that there needs to be a gendarme nerf. If you just make them scale off of colonial stats, their age v stats are still decent, and their age 3 isnt affected at all. Reduced training time did help to alleviate some of the problems with the cuir spam, so maybe its not necessary.

I think french were fine before 2.0, and that other civs should have been buffed to its level and not the other way around, but whatever. I would have liked to see a different change to fre instead of -100 food but I cant really think of anything besides slower training cdb's.
Quite a few people seem to think that we should have buffed ten civilizations instead of nerfing two. However, this strategy is inefficient, and even disregarding that it is exceedingly likely that balance would still be worse. Advantages on the other hand include a more psychologically positive response, and doing away with the supposed challenge of nerfing Germans.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

zoom wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:I still think that there needs to be a gendarme nerf. If you just make them scale off of colonial stats, their age v stats are still decent, and their age 3 isnt affected at all. Reduced training time did help to alleviate some of the problems with the cuir spam, so maybe its not necessary.

Quite a few people seem to think that we should have buffed ten civilizations instead of nerfing two. However, this strategy is inefficient, and even disregarding that it is exceedingly likely that balance would still be worse. Advantages on the other hand include a more psychologically positive response, and doing away with the supposed challenge of nerfing Germans.

Yeah I dont know which one was the more practical. If we had gone with keeping fre the same, however, I only think we would have needed to buff maybe 5 civs, (spain, russia, iro, otto, and maybe dutch), substantially to compensate, and most of those civs were already going to get fairly big buffs. I would have supported a german nerf either way, as well as some taming of france's Unltra late game (which was touched with the mass cavalry nerf, but not enough IMO). Im just not sure that what we did to fre was exactly the best option, even though it did help to reign them in a little bit.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

But then you'd have to change 10-12 civs.