Post by Gendarme »

Bring back 4 grizzlies! <3
Pay more attention to detail.
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher
ESO: deadrising78

Re: Sioux Discussion Thread

Post by deadrising78 »

Maybe boost great hunter and spice trade card to give 25%-30% hunt bonus? Also buffalo with every shipment is a interesting idea
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

deadrising78 wrote:Maybe boost great hunter and spice trade card to give 25%-30% hunt bonus? Also buffalo with every shipment is a interesting idea

that is a very good :idea: would not have to make any mayor change to the civ :!:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher

Post by deadrising78 »

I believe it would make sioux mid-late game eco better, while not being too much of a change
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

btw, plantations should be 400 wood, like it is for asien civs. Plantations big buttons are very important or Sioux, but seldom attainable for the cost.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Sioux shows its power on low-hunt maps, because their strengh is raiding, and they have buffalo ageup/shipments. Buffalo with every shipment wouldn't really change much I think. Sioux is a fun civilization with a lot of unique perks, one of which being the pets (grizzlies, and wolves trained by the explorer). Buffing that would probably be better, and not too improper either.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Getting buffaloes with shipments - would mean you would not have to ship buffaloes - you could ship some other stuff - meaning a big buff.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Perhaps you are right. It is a shame they don't have steel traps to take advantage of their abundance of hunts.

How about reducing the coin cost of bow riders, but increasing the food cost by a greater amount (making them more expensive in resources), thus making Sioux extremely food-heavy and buffing their food gathering by giving free buffalos and perhaps even a buff to spice trade? This would make them rely a lot on XP too, since they get hunts from shipments, so they would have to contest trading posts, which fits quite well in the current meta.
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher

Post by deadrising78 »

I agree about the plantation thing, just stupid for everyone but asian civs having to pay 800 wood and build a seperate building
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher

Post by deadrising78 »

Gendarme wrote:Sioux shows its power on low-hunt maps, because their strengh is raiding, and they have buffalo ageup/shipments. Buffalo with every shipment wouldn't really change much I think. Sioux is a fun civilization with a lot of unique perks, one of which being the pets (grizzlies, and wolves trained by the explorer). Buffing that would probably be better, and not too improper either.

Buffalo with every shipment would be a very good buff it means there are almost always a good source of food nearby and u can get more room to send eco cards (buffed great hunter)
Nobody makes pets lol and u also need a card to train those
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Nobody makes pets because it's shit. But buffing them could make them viable, and pets are certainly fun to see.
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher

Post by deadrising78 »

Gendarme wrote:Nobody makes pets because it's shit. But buffing them could make them viable, and pets are certainly fun to see.

It would be fun sure but its not really unique to sioux or a needed change, all twc civs can train pets and also some european and asian civs i think
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Gendarme wrote:Perhaps you are right. It is a shame they don't have steel traps to take advantage of their abundance of hunts.

How about reducing the coin cost of bow riders, but increasing the food cost by a greater amount (making them more expensive in resources), thus making Sioux extremely food-heavy and buffing their food gathering by giving free buffalos and perhaps even a buff to spice trade? This would make them rely a lot on XP too, since they get hunts from shipments, so they would have to contest trading posts, which fits quite well in the current meta.

That is a super idea - Sioux struggle so hard to get all that coin to spawn cav. What if they could spawn bow riders at the cost of axriders? Watch out bois :hehe:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

deadrising78 wrote:
Gendarme wrote:Nobody makes pets because it's shit. But buffing them could make them viable, and pets are certainly fun to see.

It would be fun sure but its not really unique to sioux or a needed change, all twc civs can train pets and also some european and asian civs i think

3v3 make card to give your allied 4 op coyotes - rip.
No - to good to be viable.
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher

Post by deadrising78 »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Gendarme wrote:Perhaps you are right. It is a shame they don't have steel traps to take advantage of their abundance of hunts.

That is a super idea - Sioux struggle so hard to get all that coin to spawn cav. What if they could spawn bow riders at the cost of axriders? Watch out bois :hehe:

Or even better idea make all their units cost only food! :hmm: :hehe:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

deadrising78 wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

Why the troll - now that we had such a good idea flow :cry:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

only takes one troll
to
killmall
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher

Post by deadrising78 »

iwillspankyou wrote:
deadrising78 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Why the troll - now that we had such a good idea flow :cry:

Tbh i thought u were trolling :P reducing coin cost of sioux units is just a bad and lazy way to try and balance sioux imo
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Im up for every options - some better than others.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

When that is said - the cost for sioux cav is pretty high. Compared to Russia for example. AND when you look at shitty eco - its just not fair
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher

Post by deadrising78 »

Well sioux cav is very good so cost shouldnt be too low, maybe reduce cost for rr? they are way too expensive
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

imo sioux is like oto... so different that is hard to balance them without a heavy change in design.

maybe giving them steel traps + buffing 4 to 5 vills is a good try to given them some option to "not go all in everygame" but feels strange

(also, they need some way of countering water, atm they can just resign if the map has good water)
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Giving them steel traps messes with the design too much in my opinion, since the native civilizations are not supposed to have it (same goes for the Portuguese 80 food settler cost). Buffing their villagers' base hunting rate the same way Dutch gather coin faster makes more sense, or simply buffing Spice Trade. I never understood why water is so popular, to be honest. Water is boring (objectively, because Garja is not the only one with objective opinions), and imbalanced.
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher

Post by deadrising78 »

Gendarme wrote:Giving them steel traps messes with the design too much in my opinion, since the native civilizations are not supposed to have it (same goes for the Portuguese 80 food settler cost). Buffing their villagers' base hunting rate the same way Dutch gather coin faster makes more sense, or simply buffing Spice Trade. I never understood why water is so popular, to be honest. Water is boring (objectively, because Garja is not the only one with objective opinions), and imbalanced.

Yea base hunting rate makes sense, it makes historical sense and also doesnt mess up design too much, spice trade and great hunter should also be buffed for sioux
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Gendarme wrote:Giving them steel traps messes with the design too much in my opinion, since the native civilizations are not supposed to have it (same goes for the Portuguese 80 food settler cost). Buffing their villagers' base hunting rate the same way Dutch gather coin faster makes more sense, or simply buffing Spice Trade. I never understood why water is so popular, to be honest. Water is boring (objectively, because Garja is not the only one with objective opinions), and imbalanced.

Water is popular where it works. Next time you play agaisnt sioux make 3 layers of wall and 3 docks.