Portuguese Discussion Thread

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Portuguese Discussion Thread

Post by Garja »

Hazza54321 wrote:man early colonial is gonna suck so hard for port if u have a cass change compensated for 100f vills, main reason why theyre not competitive on re is due to being unable to get a decent setup, granted it does scale quite hard but its like japan but jap isnt exactly op either

Main reason is that maps simply don't have enough safe resorces for their civ bonus to kick in.
Also, still because of maps the meta is more focused on early military presence and they struggle at that. On EP meta is different for a number of reasons so they can get away without that much of military presence. Still btw the simple availability of safe resources already improves that aspect.
An again, I proposed +100f at start so that they always age at 13v idleless. This translates in more efficiency which means they can mirror what similar civs do, despite having no vill shipments.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Hazza54321 wrote:the karni mata teepees is deleting a civ and making another like a mod but sure lets keep it

If this wasnt clear, I was referring to the port change.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

momuuu wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:the karni mata teepees is deleting a civ and making another like a mod but sure lets keep it

If this wasnt clear, I was referring to the port change.

sorry i was replying to atom
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Why not just give them an extra starting vill and one less food crate, and no other changes (except for genitours nerf)?
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Tweaking starting vills isnt exactly something you want to do in 2018 when standards have been estabilished. In the case of Port, given the already existent exception, I guess we could test a 8v start with -100f.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

This kills the 10/10 even more than now, and it also kills pretty much any possibility of going for market on gold start (unless you randomly find all wood and gold treasure you need next to your base) or for an early TP (you would need to build your house first)
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Ye, that's why I prefer just +100f at start.
Image Image Image
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Garja wrote:Ye, that's why I prefer just +100f at start.

What +100 f actually means for Ports?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

+100f could mean quicker and more consistent age up, so that they have a bit more time to settle in colonial, helping their very weak early colonial eco.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

gamevideo113 wrote:+100f could mean quicker and more consistent age up, so that they have a bit more time to settle in colonial, helping their very weak early colonial eco.

Yeah, but that translates to one vill advantage, I don't think it will be enough. Anyway, ep team needs to seriously consider this change and test it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Atomiswave wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:+100f could mean quicker and more consistent age up, so that they have a bit more time to settle in colonial, helping their very weak early colonial eco.

Yeah, but that translates to one vill advantage, I don't think it will be enough. Anyway, ep team needs to seriously consider this change and test it.

If only the ep team had people that played the game in it.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I LOVE EP I THINK IT'S A GREAT 1V1 PATCH AND THE PEOPLE WHO MADE IT DID A GOOD JOB I APPRECIATE THEIR HARD WORK I HOPE THEY HEAR THIS <3
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Atomiswave wrote:What +100 f actually means for Ports?

And again, I proposed +100f at start so that they always age at 13v idleless. This translates in more efficiency which means they can mirror what similar civs do, despite having no vill shipments.

100f is the equivalent of a 90f treasure when the opponent gets none.
By experience, in these conditions Ports reliably age with 13v idleless and can do same builds of other euro civs. Please note that Ports still have eco theory card (whose value increases over time) and steel traps. Also, their age up is virtually worth 500w (400w + 10 pop space from 2nd TC).
With 700g 600g they can do a 5 huss semi. 700f 700g musk semi. For more than 5 huss/10 musks they need all those 3 cards. Could also use 700w instead if they get particularly efficient start. But they get another +100w from the 3rd TC anyway so 700w isn't that much of a problem. They can probably get away with 1k wood first card thanks to triple MM.
Combined with some other unit buff in fortress they should be ok.

Of course there is then to test the implications of 10/10ing with +100f. I don't see it being significantly better than currently anyway.
Image Image Image
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Why is people discussing changing ports if there isnt even a consensus if the civ should be buffer or nerfed?

just focus on changing top and botton civs, dont touch whats already fine.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Port is fucking cancer. Able to still boom and reach imperial on bengal corner with just 2 mines (not even using the 3rd). Honestly any civ should just autolose if you dont grab at least 40% of the map when the game gets rly late. This should be a no brainer rule for balance for every civ.
Fuckin revert the vill discount already.
Image Image Image
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

hahahahahhaha Jerppuli OP
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I won the game. It's just that I dont have to spend 40 min for it. 15 min max and move on to the next game rly.
Image Image Image
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

[spoiler=spoiler]
Trigerred.gif
[/spoiler]
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

gh0st wrote:[spoiler=spoiler]
Trigerred.gif
[/spoiler]

mah man!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Garja wrote:Port is fucking cancer. Able to still boom and reach imperial on bengal corner with just 2 mines (not even using the 3rd). Honestly any civ should just autolose if you dont grab at least 40% of the map when the game gets rly late. This should be a no brainer rule for balance for every civ.
Fuckin revert the vill discount already.

Civs which should beat Port on a normal map:
Japan
China
Iroquois
Spain
France
Brit

Civs which have good chances
India
Aztecs
Germany
Otto
Dutch
Russia

Good MU for Port
Sioux

So Port isn't op at all, and the vill discount is probably the best change in the EP so I can tell you it won't be removed.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

french is just a better port honestly
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yea, France is weaker on water maps but on land maps they have about the same eco, better skirms, better cav, and a falc shipment.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

They dont have better eco. They get outscaled quite fast just like any other civ in midgme. Even Dutch gets outscaled which tells you how retarded Port eco is. The only thing doesn't make Port straight OP is that they don't have great units. So they will have huge ass eco and can't still lose the game with one big battle.
It's just as dumbass design because it is way too extreme. This is what you get when people making changes think that -15f discount is not much... Ye as if 15% more efficient eco progression isn't a lot.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

not really bothered about port eco if your units are 2x better than theirs
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

there lot of times where you cant use the unit advantage. And that's when you actually have one. It's not like Fre units are much better until several ups. And 2 falc timing often just fails vs either mams (pushing too early) or stuff like CM. Also just goons sniping the falcs and then you still able to hold the rest of the army cause 3x mm.
Image Image Image