Portuguese Discussion Thread

France iNcog
Ninja

Re: Portuguese Discussion Thread

Post by iNcog »

_H2O wrote:
deleted_user wrote:80f was best change of the entire patch imo

Thanks! I agree!

One clean change that hits on the Civs issues and moves it to a good state in 1v1 while keeping the cov feeling unique.

:(
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

Giving ports 80f vills is bull. Just because ports gets free tps with age up doesn't mean we should give them the means to have constant vil production in all of them while simultaneously fighting
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Zhanson10 wrote:Giving ports 80f vills is bull. Just because ports gets free tps with age up doesn't mean we should give them the means to have constant vil production in all of them while simultaneously fighting

Its in accordance with their civ bonus, so its completely ok to boost it.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

Still having cheaper vils was russia's thing. Now even with the 255f batch it is still a worse bonus than EP ports while less flexible. Though something had to be done concerning port food consumption this was harsh towards russia I feel
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Zhanson10 wrote:Giving ports 80f vills is bull. Just because ports gets free tps with age up doesn't mean we should give them the means to have constant vil production in all of them while simultaneously fighting

They have no vill shipments. Keep in mind Germany often sends 4 vill age 1 and 6 vills age 2. Brits can make villagers in manors and still ship them. Same with Dutch and banks. I think all civs can (and usually do) ship vills age 1 and age 2 except Russia, which has cheaper vills too. As a boom civ, port is now on par with other boom civs.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

It may make them balancd in 1v1 but its a terrible change
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Hazza54321 wrote:It may make them balancd in 1v1 but its a terrible change

What change do you propose instead?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Atomiswave wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:It may make them balancd in 1v1 but its a terrible change

What change do you propose instead?

buff cassadors att and perhaps organ shipment
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Its elegant at the very least
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Most games are over before Ports vil bonus really starts to count, at least if you are playing a decent civ to its full potential. Y'all are also forgetting that constant unit production takes a LOT of food, even with a small discount on vils. It doesn't matter how many vils you have if you can't find a safe hunt to gather on.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I don't fully agree with that, but bear in mind some cvis have shipments of like 8 vills.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

pecelot wrote:I don't fully agree with that, but bear in mind some cvis have shipments of like 8 vills.

Aztecs and British.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

That's just icing on the cake, you have 2x7 vills for Japs, 10 CDBs, all the age 1 & 2 shipments etc.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

I can't believe people still have problem with 80f change. Even with that buff, ports still have outstanding drawbacks like no vill shipments, bad cannon shipment, no inf imp cards till age 4, so this change at least makes em somewhat competitive.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Atomiswave wrote:I can't believe people still have problem with 80f change. Even with that buff, ports still have outstanding drawbacks like no vill shipments, bad cannon shipment, no inf imp cards till age 4, so this change at least makes em somewhat competitive.

2 Organs is, in most situations, just a worse skirm shipment. It's slightly more useful vs skirm masses or infantry balls but just get sniped so easily by goons or cav if your blocking isn't impeccable.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

forgrin wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:I can't believe people still have problem with 80f change. Even with that buff, ports still have outstanding drawbacks like no vill shipments, bad cannon shipment, no inf imp cards till age 4, so this change at least makes em somewhat competitive.

2 Organs is, in most situations, just a worse skirm shipment. It's slightly more useful vs skirm masses or infantry balls but just get sniped so easily by goons or cav if your blocking isn't impeccable.

Biggest problem with organs is they don't represent big power spike as falcs. When you fire with well protected falcs on opponent's buildings you basically put him on the clock. He has to do something fast and solutions are quite often very costly if he doesn't have large goon/hand cav mass or his own falcs/culvs. Organs just don't have that impact and like you said can be handled easily.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

port vill change one of the best changes in the patch!!!!!1
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

So maybe a good compromise would be to increase Portuguese villagers' cost to 90 food? Good players say it's not the best of changes, while the others think the opposite. I can see it being somewhat broken in team games, too.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Its still a favorite change of me. While it upsets some people apperantly, its a one line change, hard to notice ingame and just boosts everything the civ does proportionally (except 10/10 rip aiz), making the civ feel like I think it was meant to be.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Tbh I think that getting 80f vills but -100f, 4mams, 20% goon resist and 1500hp walls is not that much of a net buff(although they are still better obviously). However the reason that they seem so much better is because of the better maps(in which RE ports were already decent on) and nerfs to the top civs.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

You might very well be right, although the 80f vills seem to just buff them where they need it while the other nerfs are not really nerfing an important or already weak part of ports.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Jerom wrote:You might very well be right, although the 80f vills seem to just buff them where they need it while the other nerfs are not really nerfing an important or already weak part of ports.

I agree, although i do think people are forgetting quite how strong 5 mams were.
No Flag watching
Crossbow

Post by watching »

To fix all arguments and to correct the mistake of changing too many things that clearly not everyone agrees with. I think all changes to civs should be reverted except the few nerfs that are obviously needed and 90% of the people agree with. So instead of buffing civs, just nerf the civs/shipments that need the nerfs the most.
Not only does this probably remove the arguments and constant bickering but it also will make ESOC patch more attractive. As it stands now, some people feel like it's too different than what they are comfortable/familiar with.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yeah the maps help as much as the buff.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Yeah the maps help as much as the buff.

I dont get this, even before the patch when people were talking about balance on RE they were talking about the same ESOCmaps
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego