Portuguese Discussion Thread

Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Re: Portuguese Discussion Thread

Post by Aizamk »

thebritish wrote:just accept that i won in this discussion. there's no need to continue talking about it..

oranges.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Wuangaga wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

just accept that i won in this discussion. there's no need to continue talking about it..

What did you prove? That you gather slightly more food for investing way more wood? That's not something you want to do.
And if you're right why doesn't just everyone use gather upgrades at the start instead of schooners?

I did prove that if schoneers are nerfed (made the same as the asian ones), i would send +30% gather rate instead of schooners and as more boats are made, i will get bigger efficiency than the one who sends schooners who will cost 70 wood.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Aizamk wrote:
thebritish wrote:just accept that i won in this discussion. there's no need to continue talking about it..

what have i done or i am doing to be stopped? :shock:
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

thebritish wrote:
Wuangaga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

What did you prove? That you gather slightly more food for investing way more wood? That's not something you want to do.
And if you're right why doesn't just everyone use gather upgrades at the start instead of schooners?

I did prove that if schoneers are nerfed (made the same as the asian ones), i would send +30% gather rate instead of schooners and as more boats are made, i will get bigger efficiency than the one who sends schooners who will cost 70 wood.

Your effeciency will improve even more when you send schooners and then the gather upgrade since you have more boats then. As i said you can't compare both cards but you can combine them.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Can we chill on the quote tunnels?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

musketeer925 wrote:Can we chill on the quote tunnels?

could you possibly make it like it was on the old forums?

Or even better, do it team liquid style, where the excessive quotes are hidden in a spoiler.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Oh, and OSX compatibility!
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

thx for quote me 13 times
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
No Flag osmarribeiro
Crossbow

Post by osmarribeiro »

and rather than change the cost of peasant food, just alter the beginning of Portugal, for example, Portugal will be able to change their initial crates number of 100 and 200 wood to 200 and timber 300, so would always fazar the market and pick up trading posts. Another interesting change, would almentar a settler your initial number of settlers and reuse the vanilla hunter.
No Flag osmarribeiro
Crossbow

Post by osmarribeiro »

I believe that in this way it would solve the problem of Portugal and would balance its military echo with other civs. MAINTAINING a better balance without the risk of causing major imbalances.
No Flag osmarribeiro
Crossbow

Post by osmarribeiro »

Now one thing that no doubt should be changed is the organ cannon, undoubtedly the worst cannon game, should cost 2 or 3 populaççao and reduce their cost of gold
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

osmarribeiro wrote:Now one thing that no doubt should be changed is the organ cannon, undoubtedly the worst cannon game, should cost 2 or 3 populaççao and reduce their cost of gold

so, you are saying that you could defeat 33 imperial organ guns with 50 imperial hussars?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

thebritish wrote:
osmarribeiro wrote:Now one thing that no doubt should be changed is the organ cannon, undoubtedly the worst cannon game, should cost 2 or 3 populaççao and reduce their cost of gold

so, you are saying that you could defeat 33 imperial organ guns with 50 imperial hussars?

easily lol
No Flag osmarribeiro
Crossbow

Post by osmarribeiro »

the point is that Portugal does not have an efficient cannon until you reach the cannon was 4. The organ has a benefio orrivel cost, it is only effective if used in large numbers above 10. And in this case its population cost, prevent the use another troop to defend them.
No Flag osmarribeiro
Crossbow

Post by osmarribeiro »

other civilizations, have better and more cost benefit cannons, both Japan as Iroquois, have better cannons, cheaper and costs less population. The cannon organ loses in comparison to all other canhor, and so it is really effective against infantry. so to solve this problem, should reduce their cost of population or else allow Portugal to manufacture the falconet cannon as another option.
No Flag osmarribeiro
Crossbow

Post by osmarribeiro »

Another simple change that could result in balance, would increase the scope of orgõa cannon to make it more efficient.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Organs are supposed to be anti infantry only (and to siege I guess). They infact do better than falcs at that. For cannons fights or other stuff there are culvs.
The only unit that needed a change (rather than the vill cost change) is the cassador.
Image Image Image
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

I think cassies are ok. 4.5 speed is huge factor tbh.

if they need something, then maybe we can make either 1-2 more attack or 10 more hp or 5-10% more RR to cass

Port goon need a nerf in late game tbh. The 20 range goon if age IV is fucking op.

I think theres a need to configure genitours to give only +4 range instead +6. They are hardly touchable by most units except longbow.

It will make 18 range, which is quite okay.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

_DB_ wrote:I think cassies are ok. 4.5 speed is huge factor tbh.

if they need something, then maybe we can make either 1-2 more attack or 10 more hp or 5-10% more RR to cass

Port goon need a nerf in late game tbh. The 20 range goon if age IV is fucking op.

I think theres a need to configure genitours to give only +4 range instead +6. They are hardly touchable by most units except longbow.

you are saying that 50% or 60% RR isnt enough and you wont to buff it more. well, c'mon :ugeek:
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

thebritish wrote:
_DB_ wrote:I think cassies are ok. 4.5 speed is huge factor tbh.

you are saying that 50% or 60% RR isnt enough and you wont to buff it more. well, c'mon :ugeek:

They are okay, but idk what makes me think that they still need something.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

The problem with cassa is that they have less hp but 50% range resistance instead of 30 so they get smashed by cav or even rods.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:The problem with cassa is that they have less hp but 50% range resistance instead of 30 so they get smashed by cav or even rods.

Yeah. If we buff its HP they become strong, and if we buff its RR, they still become strong lol.

I feel that we can give them like 1-2 more attack to allow them to abuse the advantage of their speed.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

_DB_ wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:The problem with cassa is that they have less hp but 50% range resistance instead of 30 so they get smashed by cav or even rods.

Yeah. If we buff its HP they become strong, and if we buff its RR, they still become strong lol.

I feel that we can give them like 1-2 more attack to allow them to abuse the advantage of their speed.

if we really want to make them be able to abuse their speed, we can just buff their attack, nerf their HP and up their RR.
Yes, i am serious because this way they can kill musks easier,. but once they get melee, it will be gg..
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

thebritish wrote:
_DB_ wrote:

if we really want to make them be able to abuse their speed, we can just buff their attack, nerf their HP and up their RR.
Yes, i am serious because this way they can kill musks easier,. but once they get melee, it will be gg..

Well. They should ofc kill musks easier, it's the use of skirm lol.

I think nerfing their HP would be too much even if we buff attack. Just 1-2 more attack would be okay.

Tbh port needed the inf combat card in age 3 instead of age 4, it could have fixed the problem.

If EP can move age 2 silk road card to age 1, and then should be able to move age 4 inf combat card to age 3.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

_DB_ wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well. They should ofc kill musks easier, it's the use of skirm lol.

I think nerfing their HP would be too much even if we buff attack. Just 1-2 more attack would be okay.

Tbh port needed the inf combat card in age 3 instead of age 4, it could have fixed the problem.

If EP can move age 2 silk road card to age 1, and then should be able to move age 4 inf combat card to age 3.

i think they should move inf hp and inf attack in age 3, so if port wants to have OP units in age 3, they will need 2 cards instead of one because their cards buffs both HI and LI