Portuguese Discussion Thread

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Portuguese Discussion Thread

Post by pecelot »

tedere12 wrote:I think ports are a better version of France now. They have a very strong age 2 (they can spam almost full batches of musketeers with constant double TC vill production) combined with a forward TC and an early age 2 ageup time which france doesnt have and they have a very strong semi ff with a hard boom potential.

They lack unit upgrades, which is yuuuge, and still need to pay for their economic boost constantly, whereas France, for instance, has a 5 vill shipment and stacks the CDB bonus, while the Brits get a vill with every manor, naturally.

Darwin_ wrote:Now give them another 18 minutemen and 50% more tc fire? That is way to good in my experience, especially in team games.

It's actually 3*15 MM.
Also, I doubt it's so amazing. If your opponent retreats somewhat successfully, you basically paid 800 resources for 15 Minutemen that will be basically useless in a matter of a minute or so, apart from a couple of initial shots, and that's still assuming you haven't lost any in the fight.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

pecelot wrote:
tedere12 wrote:I think ports are a better version of France now. They have a very strong age 2 (they can spam almost full batches of musketeers with constant double TC vill production) combined with a forward TC and an early age 2 ageup time which france doesnt have and they have a very strong semi ff with a hard boom potential.

They lack unit upgrades, which is yuuuge, and still need to pay for their economic boost constantly, whereas France, for instance, has a 5 vill shipment and stacks the CDB bonus, while the Brits get a vill with every manor, naturally.

They can fb and have bigger mass early on (vills take long to pay off/crates dont) and the upgrades come in later. They are also better at defensive timings due to forward TC. I wont argue that they are better than britishin the 2nd age, but they outgather france quickly
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

It's not like France or Brits can't go for an early spam, something like xbow+pike or aklak rush. I guess a measure of civ's strength in colonial also includes later stages of it. Sure, they are good, but I think the aforementioned nations still have an edge over them.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Ports scale in colonial with eco, brits with eco and unit upgrades, and france doesnt scale too well, except for cav cards.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Meanwhile france can get 5 huss and 5 musks out, and steel traps, while ports struggles to get market upgrades plus 5 huss. This is a poor comparison.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Jerom wrote:Meanwhile france can get 5 huss and 5 musks out, and steel traps, while ports struggles to get market upgrades plus 5 huss. This is a poor comparison.

Especially since you can't get that out as France either.
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide

Post by Akechi_Mitsuhide »

yemshi wrote:
Jerom wrote:Meanwhile france can get 5 huss and 5 musks out, and steel traps, while ports struggles to get market upgrades plus 5 huss. This is a poor comparison.

Especially since you can't get that out as France either.

what about samwise build? isn't that about getting 5 huss, 5 musks and steel traps?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Yes with a good crate start and slightly delayed batches you can. Yemshi is simply wrong.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Jerom wrote:Yes with a good crate start and slightly delayed batches you can. Yemshi is simply wrong.

You can't get 5 huss 5 musk by 6 min(without insane tres or delaying st). You would have to delay till like 6:20 or so
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide

Post by Akechi_Mitsuhide »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Jerom wrote:Yes with a good crate start and slightly delayed batches you can. Yemshi is simply wrong.

You can't get 5 huss 5 musk by 6 min(without insane tres). You would have to delay till like 6:20 or so

Samwise Colonial French Build
When the game starts, send 2 vills to crates and the rest to hunts.
Train CDB until you have 14, at which point you click up with the Quartermaster (400 wood).
Ship 3 CDB as your first card.
Gather the necessary resources for a house, market, and hunting dogs. Treasures are very useful to speed this up.
Age with 14vills using 400w at 3:00.While aging, gather enough for placer mines, then steel traps. (75f 75w, then 125w and 125c)
Ship 700w asap and drop a barrack and a stable with your 400w from aging.
When you hit up, send 2 vills to wood crates, 6 to coin, and 5 to food.
Queue 1 hussar at 5:20.
Queue 1 musketeer at 5:30.
Build houses with the 700w once it arrives. The houses should finish in time to queue 4 more hussar and muskets right before they finish training.
This will give you 5 musketeers and 5 hussars at 6 minutes.
This is a flexible strategy with good economic power and aggression.
The next card is 4 CDB.
Continue to make military units. Remember, this build is an aggressive build and we want to raid heavily against our opponent.
Additional cards in some order after 3v 700w 4v: 8crossbow, 3huss, 600w, 700c
General rule of thumb for card shipments is send villagers if you need resources in 5+ mins, crates if you need them in 1+ min, units if you need in 0 mins.

Is this build working?
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

You can't get 5 huss 5 musk by 6 min(without insane tres). You would have to delay till like 6:20 or so

Train CDB until you have 14, at which point you click up with the Quartermaster (400 wood).
Gather the necessary resources for a house, market, and hunting dogs. Treasures are very useful to speed this up.
Age with 14vills using 400w at 3:00.While aging, gather enough for placer mines, then steel traps. (75f 75w, then 125w and 125c)
Build houses with the 700w once it arrives. The houses should finish in time to queue 4 more hussar and muskets right before they finish training.
The next card is 4 CDB.
Continue to make military units. Remember, this build is an aggressive build and we want to raid heavily against our opponent.
General rule of thumb for card shipments is send villagers if you need resources in 5+ mins, crates if you need them in 1+ min, units if you need in 0 mins.

Is this build working?
If it's a non tp map you can do that build but it doesn't get you 5 musks and 5 huss at 6 min unless you delay steel traps or get insane treasures.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

EP france can not get 5 and 5. RE france can get it somewhat consistently.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

you'll need good treasures for the 5/5....
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Port (atleast on ep) can get 5/5 at same time as fre with same market ups. You just gotta open with market or do idleless 13 ageup. And 700c first crate.
Great Britain Jeedos
Musketeer
ESO: GodofSquishy

Post by Jeedos »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:
Show hidden quotes

The next card is 4 CDB.

Is this build working?
If it's a non tp map you can do that build but it doesn't get you 5 musks and 5 huss at 6 min unless you delay steel traps or get insane treasures.

Aye, just did that strat vs. an AI, Managed to get 4 hussar and 3 musks out by 6:08 with 17 vills and 2/2 hunting upgrades and placer mines. (140f, 60f, 70 coin from treasures), 300f 200w start.

Second time: 6:12 got 5/5 with all 3 upgrades upgrades, 300f, 100w, 100c, start. Started aging like 3:10 due to bad hunts. 95 wood treasure, 60f, 50 coin.
Third: 6:10, 5/5, 3/3 upgrades, 300f, 100w, 100c start. 50 wood treasure, 70xp and 40 coin.
'I meme so' - British Longbowman.

Favourite civs; Dutch/Spanish.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Idk why u compare french and port eco early game. French has the best eco in the game at this point and ports one of the worst
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Hazza54321 wrote:Idk why u compare french and port eco early game. French has the best eco in the game at this point and ports one of the worst

People were comparing france and ports and saying ports was basically the same as france so thats why I gave this example. France's strength is very efficient build orders, port's is not at all efficient build orders (honestly everything feels slightly awkward as ports).
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

umeu wrote:Port (atleast on ep) can get 5/5 at same time as fre with same market ups. You just gotta open with market or do idleless 13 ageup. And 700c first crate.

The thing was, I think, that you should do that with either CDBs or wood as your first shipment :hmm:
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Thats true, but france directyl increases their eco through shipments, while ports can ship crates specifically for unit production which are actually an indirect increase to their eco because they minimize tc idle time and maximize unit output.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Ports feel so fake on EP rn. I played a game as russia vs. ports on RE and it actually felt like a real game. However, my opponent and myself noted how Colonial Militia is way too strong for ports. Ofc I was playing russia and CM is OP against russia, but I have felt this against other civs as well.

I know I posted some changes that I would like to see, but now that the Team is doing some beta testing I felt like I might say them anyway.

Changes:
- villager cost reverted to 100f
- +1 food crate
- cassador cost changed to 70f 45c (from 85f 35c), and ranged attack +1
- Colonial Militia card removed
- Genitours changed to +3 range +10% attack
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Darwin_ wrote:Ports feel so fake on EP rn. I played a game as russia vs. ports on RE and it actually felt like a real game. However, my opponent and myself noted how Colonial Militia is way too strong for ports. Ofc I was playing russia and CM is OP against russia, but I have felt this against other civs as well.

I know I posted some changes that I would like to see, but now that the Team is doing some beta testing I felt like I might say them anyway.

Changes:
- villager cost reverted to 100f
- +1 food crate
- cassador cost changed to 70f 45c (from 85f 35c), and ranged attack +1
- Colonial Militia card removed
- Genitours changed to +3 range +10% attack

I agree with with 1, 2 and 3(without +1 attack), but I am against colo militia removal suggestion, because that card only works well with Ports, why remove their trademark feature? Genitours are fine atm......
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Goons were nerfed already by a lot, I mean –10 percentage points and CIR buff :hmm:
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

pecelot wrote:Goons were nerfed already by a lot, I mean –10 percentage points and CIR buff :hmm:

CIR wasnt buffed
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

zoom wrote:Fuck Goodspeed.

:hmm:
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

pecelot wrote:Goons were nerfed already by a lot, I mean –10 percentage points and CIR buff :hmm:

CIR affecting ranged cav is a bug, which will be fixed.