Portuguese Discussion Thread

Post by Garja »

They age up with zero cassas actually.
Image Image Image
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

I don't know whether it has been tested or not but does making the 2 organ guns a 3 organ guns card enough to counterweight the loss of a mameluke ?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I would like buffing the shipment, but +50% would make it overpowered.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Can we change cass back to what they were in 'nilla? They were definitely more unique and perhaps better balanced. Bare minimum, they were more fun to use. For those who've forgotten, makes them them 85hp (from 105), 60%rr (from 50%), 26atk (from 17), 4.5 RoF (from 3).
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

calmyourtits wrote:If you let him have 6 TPs I''m not surprised..

Brits can have 160+ scores at 10 min if they full boom.
honestly brit can reach 160 with not even fully boom and getting raided
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

Post by mongobillione »

can one of the civ testers explain me the goal of the fanpatch in 1 sense? do u wanna make all civs the same strong? or do u want to make them more fun to play? because if u want to make them all same strong gl..
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

mnogobillione wrote:can one of the civ testers explain me the goal of the fanpatch in 1 sense? do u wanna make all civs the same strong? or do u want to make them more fun to play? because if u want to make them all same strong gl..

The goal of the patch is to make all the civs playable, not necessarily the same strength. I believe the idea is no matchup should be more than 65-35 or something like that. There should never be a point where you have basically no chance in a game simply because of the civ you''re against. They don''t have to be the same strength, but it can''t be 95-5.

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Ports might be a little bit really strong on water maps right now.
Brazil igorix
Crossbow

Post by igorix »

forgrin wrote:Can we change cass back to what they were in ''nilla? They were definitely more unique and perhaps better balanced. Bare minimum, they were more fun to use. For those who''ve forgotten, makes them them 85hp (from 105), 60%rr (from 50%), 26atk (from 17), 4.5 RoF (from 3).
I like this configuration a lot. Not only it brings variety to the units, it''s also historically coherent.
When rifles were invented, in late 1700s, they were very accurate, with a much greater range than muskets, with the comeback it was harder to load. It was perfect, then for real hunters, who didn''t need quick reload, but instead a good precision. Thus, the army employed hunters to fight as skirmishers (jaegers/ca?adores): they fought in disperse formation across the field in cover to survive enemy rifles and focused enemy officials. That''s why they should have long range, high ranged resist, high rof and high attack (shoot precision) and hp should indeed be low because of their obvious vulnerability to charges (formation and discipline). I''m not sure about russian streltsy(shooters), but I believe they had muskets and were militia-like troops.
Also, these stats encourage hit and run, which alludes skirmishes. But maybe they took it off because it was too overpowered vs infantry? (maybe it would work if we wouldn''t have the bonus damage)
There''s a lot of historical mispoints in the game so i don''t think that should matter anyway.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah I liked nilla cassas, standardizing the unit was a mistake imo. They could've just tweaked the numbers a little to make them balanced.
Definitely something we can look at if it gets enough support, although we tend not to change things just for the sake of it so the support would have to be overwhelming.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I support 4.5 RoF and an according damage adjustment (hardly other changes though).
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

What were nilla cassadores like?
Brazil igorix
Crossbow

Post by igorix »

jerom wrote:What were nilla cassadores like?
[img style="max-width:100%'" alt="" src="http://www.leblogdefanaworld.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/terminator-1-wallpaper-01.jpg"]
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Changing tad's cass in nilla's cass is a good idea
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

NIlla cassadores suck tons. Reverting that change would be the worst thing ever.
Image Image Image
No Flag pikadasgalaxias
Musketeer

Post by pikadasgalaxias »

Very unfair the Portuguese settler for 80 food. All cost 100 should be standard. And now Portugal can do eco and army together. Not all can do that. But why Portugal should get? Very unfair to the other civ. I'll just play for Portugal and the Netherlands now. Both were very op.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

pikadasgalaxias wrote:Very unfair the Portuguese settler for 80 food. All cost 100 should be standard. And now Portugal can do eco and army together. Not all can do that. But why Portugal should get? Very unfair to the other civ. I''ll just play for Portugal and the Netherlands now. Both were very op.

Portugal has alot of other problems that offset their vills costing 80food. This barely makes them playable. Don''t really know what you''re going on about...

Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

garja wrote:NIlla cassadores suck tons. Reverting that change would be the worst thing ever.

Why was that, they were especially bad vs cav/artillery or something? Tbh it''s been awhile since I played ''nilla online.

IMO TAD Cass have the same issue (mincemeat for cav and artillery moreso than reg skirms) but don''t really have much to make up for that... Their only redeeming aspect is they auto-win skirm wars. Everything else is shit. Why not just make them actually have a strength and give a larger corresponding weakness?

Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

jerom wrote:What were nilla cassadores like?

Definition of "glass cannon." 85hp, 60%rr, 26 (yeah, actually default fortress 26) atk, slower RoF (4.5). Still had 4.5 speed IIRC. They were a cool unit with distinct strengths and weaknesses.

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

On nilla the ROF is 4.5, on tad it is 3.0.

Cassas not only win skirm vs skirm per cost but also kite units better. If your micro is good enough you can tell the difference in skirm vs cav when you have cassas or wakinas
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

pikadasgalaxias wrote:Very unfair the Portuguese settler for 80 food. All cost 100 should be standard. And now Portugal can do eco and army together. Not all can do that. But why Portugal should get? Very unfair to the other civ. I''ll just play for Portugal and the Netherlands now. Both were very op.
They are quite strong but not op.
I would definitely rate ger, brit, azzy higher than port/dutch.
No Flag pikadasgalaxias
Musketeer

Post by pikadasgalaxias »

Thus Portugal can make a huge boom against civs not rusha. As China. China will never hit the echo that takes about 9/10 minutes to attack. Enough to Portugal have already giant eco and take troops and over.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Port don't outboom jap/brit you know.
They don t zven outboom fre/ger before like 10min.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

calmyourtits wrote:Yeah I liked nilla cassas, standardizing the unit was a mistake imo. They could''ve just tweaked the numbers a little to make them balanced.
Definitely something we can look at if it gets enough support, although we tend not to change things just for the sake of it so the support would have to be overwhelming.
+1 I support there is a poll on it too you can check it out. Is there any chance we can get small individual changes such as this or AA card reducing arsenal cost before the winter tourney?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

garja wrote:On nilla the ROF is 4.5, on tad it is 3.0.

Cassas not only win skirm vs skirm per cost but also kite units better. If your micro is good enough you can tell the difference in skirm vs cav when you have cassas or wakinas
Why kite better?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Legoļ»æ