User avatar
United States of America Darwin_
Lancer
 
Posts: 682
ESO: Anonymous_01
Location: United States
  • Link to post
  • Quote

07 Jan 2017, 02:56

Ports scale in colonial with eco, brits with eco and unit upgrades, and france doesnt scale too well, except for cav cards.
Image

"they picked bonnie springs - oh dear"-Duck
User avatar
Netherlands Jerom
ESOC Media Team
 
Posts: 10620
ESO: Jerom_
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
  • Link to post
  • Quote

07 Jan 2017, 11:41

Meanwhile france can get 5 huss and 5 musks out, and steel traps, while ports struggles to get market upgrades plus 5 huss. This is a poor comparison.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016

Age of empires 3 forum
User avatar
Germany yemshi
Howdah
 
Posts: 1522
  • Link to post
  • Quote

07 Jan 2017, 14:03

Jerom wrote:Meanwhile france can get 5 huss and 5 musks out, and steel traps, while ports struggles to get market upgrades plus 5 huss. This is a poor comparison.

Especially since you can't get that out as France either.
Garja wrote: Players on the RE are bad, laggers and they're lazy asses that would sell their mother for a couple of Elo points. It's not just my opinion, it's a fact (which I guess is the same thing, hence your confusion) that the EP is better.

User avatar
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Skirmisher
 
Posts: 169
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide
  • Link to post
  • Quote

07 Jan 2017, 14:44

yemshi wrote:
Jerom wrote:Meanwhile france can get 5 huss and 5 musks out, and steel traps, while ports struggles to get market upgrades plus 5 huss. This is a poor comparison.

Especially since you can't get that out as France either.

what about samwise build? isn't that about getting 5 huss, 5 musks and steel traps?
User avatar
Netherlands Jerom
ESOC Media Team
 
Posts: 10620
ESO: Jerom_
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
  • Link to post
  • Quote

07 Jan 2017, 14:48

Yes with a good crate start and slightly delayed batches you can. Yemshi is simply wrong.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016

Age of empires 3 forum
User avatar
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah
 
Posts: 1724
  • Link to post
  • Quote

07 Jan 2017, 14:54

Jerom wrote:Yes with a good crate start and slightly delayed batches you can. Yemshi is simply wrong.

You can't get 5 huss 5 musk by 6 min(without insane tres or delaying st). You would have to delay till like 6:20 or so
User avatar
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Skirmisher
 
Posts: 169
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide
  • Link to post
  • Quote

07 Jan 2017, 14:57

britishmusketeer wrote:
Jerom wrote:Yes with a good crate start and slightly delayed batches you can. Yemshi is simply wrong.

You can't get 5 huss 5 musk by 6 min(without insane tres). You would have to delay till like 6:20 or so


Samwise Colonial French Build
When the game starts, send 2 vills to crates and the rest to hunts.
Train CDB until you have 14, at which point you click up with the Quartermaster (400 wood).
Ship 3 CDB as your first card.
Gather the necessary resources for a house, market, and hunting dogs. Treasures are very useful to speed this up.
Age with 14vills using 400w at 3:00.While aging, gather enough for placer mines, then steel traps. (75f 75w, then 125w and 125c)
Ship 700w asap and drop a barrack and a stable with your 400w from aging.
When you hit up, send 2 vills to wood crates, 6 to coin, and 5 to food.
Queue 1 hussar at 5:20.
Queue 1 musketeer at 5:30.
Build houses with the 700w once it arrives. The houses should finish in time to queue 4 more hussar and muskets right before they finish training.
This will give you 5 musketeers and 5 hussars at 6 minutes.
This is a flexible strategy with good economic power and aggression.
The next card is 4 CDB.
Continue to make military units. Remember, this build is an aggressive build and we want to raid heavily against our opponent.
Additional cards in some order after 3v 700w 4v: 8crossbow, 3huss, 600w, 700c
General rule of thumb for card shipments is send villagers if you need resources in 5+ mins, crates if you need them in 1+ min, units if you need in 0 mins.


Is this build working?
User avatar
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah
 
Posts: 1724
  • Link to post
  • Quote

07 Jan 2017, 15:02

Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:
Jerom wrote:Yes with a good crate start and slightly delayed batches you can. Yemshi is simply wrong.

You can't get 5 huss 5 musk by 6 min(without insane tres). You would have to delay till like 6:20 or so


Samwise Colonial French Build
When the game starts, send 2 vills to crates and the rest to hunts.
Train CDB until you have 14, at which point you click up with the Quartermaster (400 wood).
Ship 3 CDB as your first card.
Gather the necessary resources for a house, market, and hunting dogs. Treasures are very useful to speed this up.
Age with 14vills using 400w at 3:00.While aging, gather enough for placer mines, then steel traps. (75f 75w, then 125w and 125c)
Ship 700w asap and drop a barrack and a stable with your 400w from aging.
When you hit up, send 2 vills to wood crates, 6 to coin, and 5 to food.
Queue 1 hussar at 5:20.
Queue 1 musketeer at 5:30.
Build houses with the 700w once it arrives. The houses should finish in time to queue 4 more hussar and muskets right before they finish training.
This will give you 5 musketeers and 5 hussars at 6 minutes.
This is a flexible strategy with good economic power and aggression.
The next card is 4 CDB.
Continue to make military units. Remember, this build is an aggressive build and we want to raid heavily against our opponent.
Additional cards in some order after 3v 700w 4v: 8crossbow, 3huss, 600w, 700c
General rule of thumb for card shipments is send villagers if you need resources in 5+ mins, crates if you need them in 1+ min, units if you need in 0 mins.


Is this build working?
If it's a non tp map you can do that build but it doesn't get you 5 musks and 5 huss at 6 min unless you delay steel traps or get insane treasures.
User avatar
United States of America Darwin_
Lancer
 
Posts: 682
ESO: Anonymous_01
Location: United States
  • Link to post
  • Quote

07 Jan 2017, 15:28

EP france can not get 5 and 5. RE france can get it somewhat consistently.
Image

"they picked bonnie springs - oh dear"-Duck
User avatar
Sweden princeofkabul
ESOC Patch Team
 
Posts: 902
  • Link to post
  • Quote

07 Jan 2017, 21:08

Jerom wrote:Yes with a good crate start and slightly delayed batches you can. Yemshi is simply wrong.


you'll need good treasures for the 5/5....
by Jerom

The war on terrorism is useless imo. Show the terrorists that we are nothing to hate and you'll whipe out the basis for terrorism for the most part. It's no coincidence there's very few terrorism from natives so to say.
No Flag umeu
ESOC Patch Team
 
Posts: 4909
  • Link to post
  • Quote

08 Jan 2017, 11:35

Port (atleast on ep) can get 5/5 at same time as fre with same market ups. You just gotta open with market or do idleless 13 ageup. And 700c first crate.
While one who sings with his tongue on fire
Gargles in the rat race choir
Bent out of shape from society's pliers
Cares not to come up any higher
But rather get you down in the hole
That hes in

But I mean no harm nor put fault
On anyone living in a vault
User avatar
Great Britain Jeedos
Crossbow
 
Posts: 37
ESO: GodofSquishy
Location: England
  • Link to post
  • Quote

08 Jan 2017, 12:59

britishmusketeer wrote:
Akechi_Mitsuhide wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:
Jerom wrote:Yes with a good crate start and slightly delayed batches you can. Yemshi is simply wrong.

You can't get 5 huss 5 musk by 6 min(without insane tres). You would have to delay till like 6:20 or so


Samwise Colonial French Build
When the game starts, send 2 vills to crates and the rest to hunts.
Train CDB until you have 14, at which point you click up with the Quartermaster (400 wood).
Ship 3 CDB as your first card.
Gather the necessary resources for a house, market, and hunting dogs. Treasures are very useful to speed this up.
Age with 14vills using 400w at 3:00.While aging, gather enough for placer mines, then steel traps. (75f 75w, then 125w and 125c)
Ship 700w asap and drop a barrack and a stable with your 400w from aging.
When you hit up, send 2 vills to wood crates, 6 to coin, and 5 to food.
Queue 1 hussar at 5:20.
Queue 1 musketeer at 5:30.
Build houses with the 700w once it arrives. The houses should finish in time to queue 4 more hussar and muskets right before they finish training.
This will give you 5 musketeers and 5 hussars at 6 minutes.
This is a flexible strategy with good economic power and aggression.
The next card is 4 CDB.
Continue to make military units. Remember, this build is an aggressive build and we want to raid heavily against our opponent.
Additional cards in some order after 3v 700w 4v: 8crossbow, 3huss, 600w, 700c
General rule of thumb for card shipments is send villagers if you need resources in 5+ mins, crates if you need them in 1+ min, units if you need in 0 mins.


Is this build working?
If it's a non tp map you can do that build but it doesn't get you 5 musks and 5 huss at 6 min unless you delay steel traps or get insane treasures.


Aye, just did that strat vs. an AI, Managed to get 4 hussar and 3 musks out by 6:08 with 17 vills and 2/2 hunting upgrades and placer mines. (140f, 60f, 70 coin from treasures), 300f 200w start.

Second time: 6:12 got 5/5 with all 3 upgrades upgrades, 300f, 100w, 100c, start. Started aging like 3:10 due to bad hunts. 95 wood treasure, 60f, 50 coin.
Third: 6:10, 5/5, 3/3 upgrades, 300f, 100w, 100c start. 50 wood treasure, 70xp and 40 coin.
'I meme so' - British Longbowman.

Favourite civs: Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Germans, Sioux
History student from England
AOE claim to fame: know Interjection from the NOFW days ^.^
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger
 
Posts: 2537
  • Link to post
  • Quote

08 Jan 2017, 13:53

Idk why u compare french and port eco early game. French has the best eco in the game at this point and ports one of the worst
"i should win"
User avatar
Netherlands Jerom
ESOC Media Team
 
Posts: 10620
ESO: Jerom_
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
  • Link to post
  • Quote

08 Jan 2017, 14:47

Hazza54321 wrote:Idk why u compare french and port eco early game. French has the best eco in the game at this point and ports one of the worst

People were comparing france and ports and saying ports was basically the same as france so thats why I gave this example. France's strength is very efficient build orders, port's is not at all efficient build orders (honestly everything feels slightly awkward as ports).

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016

Age of empires 3 forum
User avatar
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
 
Posts: 4844
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland
  • Link to post
  • Quote

10 Jan 2017, 20:01

umeu wrote:Port (atleast on ep) can get 5/5 at same time as fre with same market ups. You just gotta open with market or do idleless 13 ageup. And 700c first crate.

The thing was, I think, that you should do that with either CDBs or wood as your first shipment :hmm:
My Tips of the Day! :flowers:
get milkt
User avatar
United States of America Darwin_
Lancer
 
Posts: 682
ESO: Anonymous_01
Location: United States
  • Link to post
  • Quote

11 Jan 2017, 15:07

Thats true, but france directyl increases their eco through shipments, while ports can ship crates specifically for unit production which are actually an indirect increase to their eco because they minimize tc idle time and maximize unit output.
Image

"they picked bonnie springs - oh dear"-Duck

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Civilizations Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest