Ottomans Discussion Thread

No Flag a passing slimey
Crossbow

Re: Ottoman Discussion Thread

Post by a passing slimey »

Well no because it only has to pay off 100w since you get the mosque anyway on a non-tp map.

In a non tp map, i would rather not use the wood at all so that i can make the barracks and art foundry wihtout having to send 700 wood for a while.

But maybe im wrong about that since i never played oto on a non tp map :p.

I dont think the mosque is that much worth the exp though. The exp is only there to compensate for the loss of exp from the free vills. Even with the buff, it isnt that much of a thing.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

a passing slimey wrote:
Well no because it only has to pay off 100w since you get the mosque anyway on a non-tp map.

In a non tp map, i would rather not use the wood at all so that i can make the barracks and art foundry wihtout having to send 700 wood for a while.

But maybe im wrong about that since i never played oto on a non tp map :p.

I dont think the mosque is that much worth the exp though. The exp is only there to compensate for the loss of exp from the free vills. Even with the buff, it isnt that much of a thing.
The mosque is totally worth it on non-tp maps. It is like 40% of a tp.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Mosque needs to generate enough xp to actually make it viable on non-tp maps. Probably bump it up to .9 xp/second or something like that. I think that otto is actually in a pretty fine state all things considered.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Brazil VITAOOOOOOOOO1
Skirmisher
ESO: VITAOOOOOOOOO1

Post by VITAOOOOOOOOO1 »

Darwin_ wrote:Mosque needs to generate enough xp to actually make it viable on non-tp maps. Probably bump it up to .9 xp/second or something like that. I think that otto is actually in a pretty fine state all things considered.

This is like a trick of XP during the rest of game? i see someone dooing mosque + TP at start, is because that?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

VITAOOOOOOOOO1 wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Mosque needs to generate enough xp to actually make it viable on non-tp maps. Probably bump it up to .9 xp/second or something like that. I think that otto is actually in a pretty fine state all things considered.

This is like a trick of XP during the rest of game? i see someone dooing mosque + TP at start, is because that?

Yes but i think its only on tad
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

the ultimate ottoman free vills: 1vill per 30s, 99 limit. sounds good.
but to reach this goal, you need to invest 400f, 1850w, 1000g! and 2nd 3rd TC....
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

for saving 9300 food, which is quite a good deal, but a good idea could be changing mosque upgrades' cost more to food
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I just think that Ottoman was clearly designed to build a mosque, with how much wood they get at the start, and I think it is kinda silly just how bad they are. I would be all for making the training speed upgrades more efficient. I think that Otto should be able to invest around 1000w and a mosque to get their vills training as quickly as normal vills.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

Myabe allowing an higher number of mosquees (like 2) to be build. This way on a non TP map they can build two for 200w and have 80% of a TP which is worst than a TP map bit decent at least.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Buff kebab. Buff abus.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Revert jan and abus nerfs and buffs. Apply a significant abus damage nerf instead.
Keep mosque buffs. Mosque tech card in age3 makes all techs cost free.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

this^^
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Jans should probably have 225 hp like on the first ep. Abus rof stuff is dumb, but might want to keep the 20 range buff in age 3, to encourage otto to make something else than pure jans in fortress (it's actually cool to see people getting vet abus sometimes). Nerf abus attack yeah, to 35 or so (needs testing). Mosque is probably fine atm.

Or then make otto villagers train a bit faster, like 42s or 45s training time.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America saveyourskill
Skirmisher

Post by saveyourskill »

Jans should get a 2.25 vs cav or 2.5 imo. They just don't punish cav that well. Jans are ottos only age 2 anti cav unit and its just a x2.0 vs cav. I can remember some games where they just rush their cav into my jan abus mass and mirco just their cav on the abus to kill them. Lost all my abus and he still had cav left. Jans only got 20 range attack too which doesnt help vs cav aswell. So i think a 2.5(hand attack) vs cav would be helpfully. Only thing that makes a jan beat cav is its high hp if they fight 1 on 1. I like to compare them to sepoy. Jans do more siege dmg and have more hp and thats it. both have same hand attack but sepoy have times 3 vs cav and do more range dmg to them as well. And abus should get plus 2 range from vet as they are like a mini cannon and should at least have same range as a skirm.
Got Badger Milk?
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

saveyourskill wrote:Jans should get a 2.25 vs cav or 2.5 imo. They just don't punish cav that well. Jans are ottos only age 2 anti cav unit and its just a x2.0 vs cav. I can remember some games where they just rush their cav into my jan abus mass and mirco just their cav on the abus to kill them. Lost all my abus and he still had cav left. Jans only got 20 range attack too which doesnt help vs cav aswell. So i think a 2.5(hand attack) vs cav would be helpfully. Only thing that makes a jan beat cav is its high hp if they fight 1 on 1. I like to compare them to sepoy. Jans do more siege dmg and have more hp and thats it. both have same hand attack but sepoy have times 3 vs cav and do more range dmg to them as well. And abus should get plus 2 range from vet as they are like a mini cannon and should at least have same range as a skirm.

You right, i did jans abus vs french, he start cav sent cross make some croos with 700w before start mosk , i was micro with melee mode vs cav wasnt work, lost all abus fast
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Garja wrote:Revert jan and abus nerfs and buffs. Apply a significant abus damage nerf instead.
Keep mosque buffs. Mosque tech card in age3 makes all techs cost free.

And welcome back double rax jani rushes in every mu, now even stronger then in re due to extra mosque exp. Looktom aproves.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

whoever used to jan rush at a high level?
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Soldier (rofl), Save_Your_Sync, LordRafufu.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Garja wrote:whoever used to jan rush at a high level?

watch any esoc tourney, or even the old pk for RE reference. there are a bunch of pr40 games with jan rushes.

inb4: they played it wrong.

answer: zzzzzzzzzzzz
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:whoever used to jan rush at a high level?

munguu10 in shemi finalsh

bonengaleng and shmrash vs il garaja

alsho which aoe3 tourney have u won? it says in your bio "also won some aoe3 tourney"
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I didn't make my bio.
Don't remember boneng or shrmas jan rushing vs me. If they did they surely failed.
Anyway, my point is that jan rush is crap at high level.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:I didn't make my bio.
Don't remember boneng or shrmas jan rushing vs me. If they did they surely failed.

thash why might ryan manklu lostuuu.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

umeu wrote:
Garja wrote:I didn't make my bio.

thash why might ryan manklu lostuuu.

C fucking M. Not hard to figure out after seeing double rax.
Australia VooDoo_BoSs
Dragoon
ESO: VooDoo_BoSs

Post by VooDoo_BoSs »

If the latest patch has nerfed Jan cost / hp, can we buff the unique church tech from 15 Jans to 17 Jans (or probably better, 13 vet or 11 guard jans)?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

meme civ