Ottomans Discussion Thread

France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Re: Ottoman Discussion Thread

Post by Rikikipu »

I remember having picked otto yet in team (2v2) and been able to beat veni's team, whereas veni is ofc far better than me. And at the end he complained that otto were still super strong.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Rikikipu wrote:I remember having picked otto yet in team (2v2) and been able to beat veni's team, whereas veni is ofc far better than me. And at the end he complained that otto were still super strong.

otto is super good in 2v2
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

KINGofOsmane wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:I remember having picked otto yet in team (2v2) and been able to beat veni's team, whereas veni is ofc far better than me. And at the end he complained that otto were still super strong.

they're fine in 2v2 with the same qualifiers for being as in 1v1......if it's a map where they can take many tp....... Try playing them on a no tp map lol
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

gibson wrote:
KINGofOsmane wrote:

they're fine in 2v2 with the same qualifiers for being as in 1v1......if it's a map where they can take many tp....... Try playing them on a no tp map lol

why would you ever play otto on non tp maps
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

KINGofOsmane wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well usually team games are hosted on standard maps so you have like a 1/3 maybe of it not being tp..... And even with only 1 tp if you don't win or do serious damage before like 8 minutes you just lose
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

gibson wrote:
KINGofOsmane wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well usually team games are hosted on standard maps so you have like a 1/3 maybe of it not being tp..... And even with only 1 tp if you don't win or do serious damage before like 8 minutes you just lose

then i just re lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

KINGofOsmane wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes

then i just re lol
u don't play team fool
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

i do sometimes
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Mosque start isnt that bad. You can upgrade vill training and get a decent eco, but be behind in shipments. Its just a little bit of a give-and-take.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah you usually get a really good eco as otto, especially with mosque start instead of TP
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Darwin_ wrote:Mosque start isnt that bad. You can upgrade vill training and get a really good eco, but be behind in shipments. Its just a little bit of a give-and-take.

The upgrade is so bad that getting it is questionable even if you start mosque.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Mosque start isnt that bad. You can upgrade vill training and get a really good eco, but be behind in shipments. Its just a little bit of a give-and-take.

TIME TO DO THE MATH!

...someone?
Howdah

lemmings121 wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

TIME TO DO THE MATH!

...someone?

it is 5 secs off 47 sec original train time. By the time you hit age 2 you won't even have gained half a vill but you are 200VS down.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah you usually get a really good eco as otto, especially with mosque start instead of TP

Really good eco is totally circumstantial, as you can imagine. I meant compartively good eco :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

britishmusketeer wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

TIME TO DO THE MATH!

...someone?

it is 5 secs off 47 sec original train time. By the time you hit age 2 you won't even have gained half a vill but you are 200VS down.

So maybe just cut the cost upgrades by at least half to begin with?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Take inspiration from as fp's way of messing with otto; make church upgrades actually decent. Im not sure if making them actually viable would be the way to go about it, but making it not much worse than stagecoaching should be interesting and could make the civ more competitive in teamgames.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Jerom wrote:Take inspiration from as fp's way of messing with otto; make church upgrades actually decent. Im not sure if making them actually viable would be the way to go about it, but making it not much worse than stagecoaching should be interesting and could make the civ more competitive in teamgames.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, they made the vill limit upgrades give vills themselves. What I would like to see would be the training speed upgrades made cheaper/stronger or give vills, not the limit ones.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Pretty sure otto will always be otto and we'll never change the design of the civ, unless we make drastic changes. I don't think small buffs to church upgrades will change much to balance. Otto will always be broken. It might just make the civ a bit more fun to play since you would be able to boom a bit.
Balance wise otto is more or less fine anyway, it's at least average
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Otto with 2 early stagecoach tp's like on mendocino or the right spawn of manchuria is super strong. I have also been experimenting with ATP/silk road builds which seem to be pretty strong.

Also been trying defensive mosque ff's on non-tp maps and they seem pretty decent. I start with a mosque and house, with the first vill upgrade if I can, build a market in transition and get hunting dogs and placer mines, with the 400w age up get steel traps and the next vill upgrade or barracks, ship 700w and build your first rax and continue to get vill training upgrades, 700 coin then age with fast age. Get vet jans once aged up, send 8 jans/5 huss/5 abus/ 2 falcs and start to pressure. It is okay, but not as strong as their straight ff on tp maps or stagecoach semi.
No Flag a passing slimey
Crossbow

Post by a passing slimey »

Mosque upgrade math:

Note:Each mosque upgrade reduces the vill training time by 6 secs, and the original training time is 48 secs.

The upgrade makes you train vills faster. This means that your vill can be gathering for those extra seconds gained.

The first vill gets 6 extra secs, while the second gets 12 secs due to the previous trained vill having been trained faster. The third will be 18 secs, and so on.

Now the math:(assuming your vills dont get idled)

48 secs since the upgrade: accumulated gain = 6 villsecs

96 secs: accumulated gain = 18 villsecs

144 secs: accumulated gain = 36 villsecs

192 secs: gain = 60 villsecs

240 secs: gain = 90 villsecs

288 secs: = 126 villsecs

336 secs = 168 villsecs

384 secs = 216 villsecs

432 secs = 270 villsecs

480 secs = 360 villsecs

528 secs = 420 villsecs

200 wood = 400 villsecs, so your investment paysoff a bit before your eleventh vill after the upgrade.
Yep, it takes almost nine minutes.

On paper, the investment technically snowballs considerably, but on practice, its pretty much two extra vills by the time it pays off, which is not thaaaaat great. (I mean, it is, but ur waiting 9 mins to actually see the bonus on effect!)

That said, it is not as bad as it seems, since it still is converting the wood into more useable resources, meaning that you are not that much affected on the flow of your production considering that and it isnt that much. (Oto relies more on the left over wood of your crate shipments to get the mosque upgrade, so its actually putting to use resources that would be on your bank for a while) If you like to get the mosque upgrade, you still can np as long as you arent really in need of the wood right away. Just dont get the second upgrade.

The upgrade still suks tho. Esoc team, plox buff it somehow x_x
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

thanks for the math

but considering that for some reason you are playing otos on a no tp map, then the mosque will be built at the start for the xp, and you will have 100w banked... so its worth it imo, since its only 100w, and you get the benefict from the first minute in game time.
Howdah

a passing slimey wrote:Mosque upgrade math:

Note:Each mosque upgrade reduces the vill training time by 6 secs, and the original training time is 48 secs.

The upgrade makes you train vills faster. This means that your vill can be gathering for those extra seconds gained.

The first vill gets 6 extra secs, while the second gets 12 secs due to the previous trained vill having been trained faster. The third will be 18 secs, and so on.

Now the math:(assuming your vills dont get idled)

48 secs since the upgrade: accumulated gain = 6 villsecs

96 secs: accumulated gain = 18 villsecs

144 secs: accumulated gain = 36 villsecs

192 secs: gain = 60 villsecs

240 secs: gain = 90 villsecs

288 secs: = 126 villsecs

336 secs = 168 villsecs

384 secs = 216 villsecs

432 secs = 270 villsecs

480 secs = 360 villsecs

528 secs = 420 villsecs

200 wood = 400 villsecs, so your investment paysoff a bit before your eleventh vill after the upgrade.
Yep, it takes almost nine minutes.

On paper, the investment technically snowballs considerably, but on practice, its pretty much two extra vills by the time it pays off, which is not thaaaaat great. (I mean, it is, but ur waiting 9 mins to actually see the bonus on effect!)

That said, it is not as bad as it seems, since it still is converting the wood into more useable resources, meaning that you are not that much affected on the flow of your production considering that and it isnt that much. (Oto relies more on the left over wood of your crate shipments to get the mosque upgrade, so its actually putting to use resources that would be on your bank for a while) If you like to get the mosque upgrade, you still can np as long as you arent really in need of the wood right away. Just dont get the second upgrade.

The upgrade still suks tho. Esoc team, plox buff it somehow x_x

Actually it is 5 secs faster. That being said you build the mosque anyway so it pays off in 7 mins. (i.e. 8 min mark of the game, which would make it worth it for most civs but not otto imo.)
No Flag a passing slimey
Crossbow

Post by a passing slimey »

Actually it is 5 secs faster. That being said you build the mosque anyway so it pays off in 7 mins. (i.e. 8 min mark of the game, which would make it worth it for most civs but not otto imo.

I was going to say it was 6 on nilla, but it is actually 8... My life is a lie lol

It takes more than 7 min to pay off tho... More than nine mins since my info was off :0
Howdah

a passing slimey wrote:
Actually it is 5 secs faster. That being said you build the mosque anyway so it pays off in 7 mins. (i.e. 8 min mark of the game, which would make it worth it for most civs but not otto imo.

I was going to say it was 6 on nilla, but it is actually 8... My life is a lie lol

It takes more than 7 min to pay off tho... More than nine mins since my info was off :0

Well no because it only has to pay off 100w since you get the mosque anyway on a non-tp map.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

the 1st upgrade: 48s to 43s
the 2nd: 43s to 38s
the 3rd: 38s to 30s