Iroquois Discussion Thread

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Iroquois Discussion Thread

Post by Goodspeed »

Mitoe wrote:RE Iro:

- Always possible to TP start.
- Livestock map? No problem, most likely you can build a farm to fatten them in age 1 with your free building anyway.
- Warchief is a walking cannon: crackshot wins age 1 fights vs pets and nats, 15% hp aura is insane, with a bit of micro can literally solo kill 5-7 musketeers.
- Age up politicians are better than any other civ because of the free travois.
- Longhouses provide more population per cost than other civs, excepting India.
- Aenna are fast & cost effective
- Insane infantry upgrades
- Forest Prowlers = Skirmisher demigods
- 4 Kanya
- ...6 Kanya
- Running out of resources? Guess it's time to dance for travois and get really cheap farms/plantations!
Notice if you made the same list for Iro but did it for EP, the only difference is the first line.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Which is why Iro still good but not OP anymore.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Goodspeed wrote:

- Livestock map? No problem, most likely you can build a farm to fatten them in age 1 with your free building anyway.
- Warchief is a walking cannon: crackshot wins age 1 fights vs pets and nats, 15% hp aura is insane, with a bit of micro can literally solo kill 5-7 musketeers.
- 4 Kanya
- ...6 Kanya
- Running out of resources? Guess it's time to dance for travois and get really cheap farms/plantations!
Notice if you made the same list for Iro but did it for EP, the only difference is the first line.

also the second. You don't even know your own patch. :kinggreen:
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I mean, the main thing is that they can't rush quite as hard without making big cuts to their eco or other aspects of their build. Their rush was the biggest problem; that coupled with the fact that ESOC maps are better for other civs.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

jgals wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:14v age up is great because it allows you to have 4 kanyas at 4:50.

Which sometimes is really good but many times useless

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

umeu wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:

- 4 Kanya
- ...6 Kanya

also the second. You don't even know your own patch. :kinggreen:
?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Garja wrote:700x crates I think were considered at some point but probably Iro don't need it. I mean it's not even a big change but this is an opportunity to stick as much as possible to the original game.

honestly since when have we cared about that x)
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I guess prior to bs Sioux eco teepees.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Hazza54321 wrote:what about giving them 700w 700g 700f?
It's an option, but we opted for turning their unique feature viable and use that instead.

Villager seconds:

600w: 1200
600c: 1000
400f, 200w, 200c: ~1215,26
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Garja wrote:I guess prior to bs Sioux eco teepees.

Sioux eco Tepee are far from BS. If you think about how important Sioux tepees are to their hunting and gathering, I mean really! I don’t know how they ever gathered without tepees to put all their meat and gold in! Obviously units fight better when they are allowed to sleep under a portable shelter at night, but this revelation that meat keeps better in a tepee out of the sun truly is wonderful. Actually it seems like that’s why the Sioux eco has always sucked... the devs did not know that Sioux vils needed tepees... thankfully the epatchers finally got around to discovering it all these years later on the eve of aoe4.

Actually eco boost from tepees is the main reasons I would play EP

I think it is a genius idea that really ties the Sioux civ together and gives them a real feeling of being a real civ they were somewhat lacking

Now...if we can only convince the ep team to make tp able to receive shipments after age 1.... ok fine maybe after 3
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

zoom wrote:
It's an option, but we opted for turning their unique feature viable and use that instead.

Villager seconds:

This isn't really accurate if you account for hunting dogs
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

if you say so
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Mitoe wrote:
zoom wrote:

Villager seconds:

This isn't really accurate if you account for hunting dogs
Correct. 400f, 200w, 200c Villager seconds with Hunting Dogs:

~1171,45
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Regardless of the cost vill value it simply doesn't find a practical use, which is my main critique about the change. I even tried it in the classic toma rush, as a short term substitute to 600w to keep the tomahawk spam going with less possible wh or TC idle time. And still it doesn't seem, on paper at least, to justify neither the slot in the deck nor the cost-opportunity of delaying all other superior shipments (600w 5v, etc.).
For the record, I tried to convince GS that 300f 200w 300g would have been slightly more useful, at least in one niche case. But, well I suppose someone based the choice purely on math once again.
Aside from that, the change bring consistency which never hurts.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Seems better than 600w/600c in a semi ff maybe? You dont rly want 600w, but you do want a small amount of wood. The 400f 200g will be used to speed up the Fortress. Seems pretty good, 3v 5v 400/200/200 shipment.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Nah, 600g is better in that case, either for naked, 5 or 10 toma FF. Especially if it is naked or 5 toma only you can send 600g and then Rainbow crates in fortress without delay. That provides all the infrastructures without chopping wood which is the most efficient way to get to fortress.
As for 600w that's also needed in prolonged semis or colonial play. For cav semi you usually go 600w 5v 600g or 5v 600w 600g. If you want more cav you have 4 kanya shipment (400f 300w). There is also the 4 kanya 600w 5v semi where you have early 4kanya+5 toma (+ mora toma in case) and you stagecoach+housing out of 600w.

A rainbow crate in colonial could be useful to add flexibility when you need to leave both the colonial and the age up options open, in case the opponent challenges your semi FF with more units (so you have to make extra units to avoid excessive idle). The problem is that 400f 200w 200g is too unbalanced on food so it results quite poor for an age up. 300f 200w 300g, would be slightly better and that's what I suggested. In any case it's hard to find a practical use for that card and given that iro colonial rack is pretty crowded it's hard to fill it in.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:Regardless of the cost vill value it simply doesn't find a practical use, which is my main critique about the change. I even tried it in the classic toma rush, as a short term substitute to 600w to keep the tomahawk spam going with less possible wh or TC idle time. And still it doesn't seem, on paper at least, to justify neither the slot in the deck nor the cost-opportunity of delaying all other superior shipments (600w 5v, etc.).
For the record, I tried to convince GS that 300f 200w 300g would have been slightly more useful, at least in one niche case. But, well I suppose someone based the choice purely on math once again.
We'll find out soon enough whether it finds use, instead of predetermining that it won't.

No math at all, actually; just basic logic.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

What is the logic behind it.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

zoom wrote:
Garja wrote:Regardless of the cost vill value it simply doesn't find a practical use, which is my main critique about the change. I even tried it in the classic toma rush, as a short term substitute to 600w to keep the tomahawk spam going with less possible wh or TC idle time. And still it doesn't seem, on paper at least, to justify neither the slot in the deck nor the cost-opportunity of delaying all other superior shipments (600w 5v, etc.).
We'll find out soon enough whether it finds use, instead of predetermining that it won't.

No math at all, actually; just basic logic.

yess... because it was very clear they needed another resource card!
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14524&p=305613#p305613

this might be the best case for iro to get canon in age 3 I know of. You may look at me and say "oh he is just a 2cnd liutenit, that is why he lost to a field marshall, but watch this rec, and If you sincerily believe that there was literally anything else I could have done without canon in age 3 let me know

BTW this was played on RE, but I'm pretty sure it would have gone the same way on EP
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

jgals wrote:http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14524&p=305613#p305613

this might be the best case for iro to get canon in age 3 I know of. You may look at me and say "oh he is just a 2cnd liutenit, that is why he lost to a field marshall, but watch this rec, and If you sincerily believe that there was literally anything else I could have done without canon in age 3 let me know

BTW this was played on RE, but I'm pretty sure it would have gone the same way on EP

I replied on your reply topic. There is no "case" in your gameplay.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

jgals wrote:http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14524&p=305613#p305613

are you being serious asking for iro to get cannon in age III because of 1 2nd lieut level game and you don't know you can build town centers and establish stagecoach and train canoes? I used to like you :sad:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I think I told you once the first step to improving is knowing you suck. At your level, even if there is a balance issue, you can always win by outplaying. Therefore if you lose, it's not because there's a balance issue but because you made mistakes.

Like all civs, Iro have strengths and weaknesses. Them not having cannons in fortress is a weakness, but they have strengths to make up for it.
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

I doubt you are a 2.liuet from what I've seen and from what kind of bullshit you post here.
give that guy a manual
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Iro don't have cannons in age 3 but they have rams and mantlets, which are really good at sieging. Regardless, competing with a water boom without stagecoaching is impossible.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?