Iroquois Discussion Thread

Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Re: Iroquois Discussion Thread

Post by jgals »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:That's all you have to do on the RE right.
On the EP however, they're harder to play.

I still don’t believe that B.B. rush auto beats most civs or even comes close unless they are a noob. If it’s does I need to take lessons from whoever can win with that 90%of the time to equal or higher rank. Or maybe it’s does and I’ve just forgotten because I refuse to do it anymore

Japan has good mm and shipments, and can easily protect eco and outmass you, az had all their mace and jag bb port op CM and many other civs with cm too. Russian stre shipment should work wonders to shut a bb rush down etcetcetc I guess the one thing that tips it over the edge is that with 1-2 tps on RE another shipment if4 kanye or 7 aenna is never far behind the 6 tomo still I don’t think B.B. rush is always even most of the time possibly ever the best thing g to do correct me if I’m wro g tho aoe gods
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

jgals wrote:

I still don’t believe that B.B. rush auto beats most civs or even comes close unless they are a noob. If it’s does I need to take lessons from whoever can win with that 90%of the time to equal or higher rank. Or maybe it’s does and I’ve just forgotten because I refuse to do it anymore

Japan has good mm and shipments, and can easily protect eco and outmass you, az had all their mace and jag bb port op CM and many other civs with cm too. Russian stre shipment should work wonders to shut a bb rush down etcetcetc I guess the one thing that tips it over the edge is that with 1-2 tps on RE another shipment if4 kanye or 7 aenna is never far behind the 6 tomo still I don’t think B.B. rush is always even most of the time possibly ever the best thing g to do correct me if I’m wro g tho aoe gods

Jap auto loses to the Iroquois rush actually.
They can't build a rax because your attack comes before they age, and by the time they send a 5 yumi shipment with mm, you'll have 25 units and rape it.

Aztecs can hold the rush, it's one of the only few civs which can. But vs aztecs you can just sit in base and timing with a huge mass and auto win because maces/pikes/coyotes suck vs iro units.

You shouldn't rush Ports true, but a semi ff auto wins on the RE, not even close. CM is useless vs Iro btw because they can t one shoot your units.

Russia actually can t hold an iro rush if they fb. The 4 kanyas just demolish their strelets. If they build a defensive bh you can just take TPs and rape in late colonial or even ff.

It's true that the BB rush is only viable half of the time, in some MUs you have to semi ff or timing in age2, but that's not hard to do, and it's a free win because RE Iro.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
jgals wrote:

They can't build a rax because your attack comes before they age, and by the time they send a 5 yumi shipment with mm, you'll have 25 units and rape it.

Aztecs can hold the rush, it's one of the only few civs which can. But vs aztecs you can just sit in base and timing with a huge mass and auto win because maces/pikes/coyotes suck vs iro units.

You shouldn't rush Ports true, but a semi ff auto wins on the RE, not even close. CM is useless vs Iro btw because they can t one shoot your units.

Russia actually can t hold an iro rush if they fb. The 4 kanyas just demolish their strelets. If they build a defensive bh you can just take TPs and rape in late colonial or even ff.

It's true that the BB rush is only viable half of the time, in some MUs you have to semi ff or timing in age2, but that's not hard to do, and it's a free win because RE Iro.

are you sure about that with japan? I'm sure they can sneak a vil back to rax somewhere that your 11 tomo aren't going to see until it is built, And it would be done before 4 kana come to look around. And if they have a consulate it isn't long before they can get some beisteiro too right (idk how long that takes since I'm proud to say I don't play Japan XD)

EDIT sorry for reposts but esoc is acting super fkd up rn. I think were getting dddosd
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
jgals wrote:

are you sure about that with japan? I'm sure they can sneak a vil back to rax somewhere that your 11 tomo aren't going to see until it is built, And it would be done before 4 kana come to look around. And if they have a consulate it isn't long before they can get some beisteiro too right (idk how long that takes since I'm proud to say I don't play Japan XD

I mean he could have been map hacking, but I was once easily out massed BB rushing this captain named dydyd or some stupid shit. He just kept shrining all over the map and keeping me off his TC just enough to build mass with CM yumi and finally shipped beistero for GG. I think I rematched him a few times and finally gave up BB rushing with iro against japan as a result. Now I do skirmishing-timing pushes and it works well. FF and semi FF don't seem to work at all.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Dyddyd is a PR 32, so doesn't surprise me.
Getting besteiros can't work if he in his TC for the whole game. No :export:
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

yemshi wrote:Dyddyd is a PR 32, so doesn't surprise me.

Well I have successfully bbd a 30 otto before. And it really felt like my micro was perfect those games vs dyddydd I wish there were more good recs for iro anyone know of any?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

jgals wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

are you sure about that with japan? I'm sure they can sneak a vil back to rax somewhere that your 11 tomo aren't going to see until it is built, And it would be done before 4 kana come to look around. And if they have a consulate it isn't long before they can get some beisteiro too right (idk how long that takes since I'm proud to say I don't play Japan XD

I mean he could have been map hacking, but I was once easily out massed BB rushing this captain named dydyd or some stupid shit. He just kept shrining all over the map and keeping me off his TC just enough to build mass with CM yumi and finally shipped beistero for GG. I think I rematched him a few times and finally gave up BB rushing with iro against japan as a result. Now I do skirmishing-timing pushes and it works well. FF and semi FF don't seem to work at all.

man you should just listen to people 15 PR higher than you for once rather than contradict literally everyone who engages with you
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

deleted_user wrote:
jgals wrote:
Show hidden quotes

man you should just listen to people 15 PR higher than you for once rather than contradict literally everyone who engages with you

Well it’s not like anyone actually posts recs or BOs so what are you even talking about? Not to contradict you by the way. I do listen though that’s why I was able to advance like 5 pr in a month
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

dude iro has been OP on RE for like 5 years, just go check old recs
Image Image Image
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Garja wrote:dude iro has been OP on RE for like 5 years, just go check old recs

Where are those located
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

RE Iro:

- Always possible to TP start.
- Livestock map? No problem, most likely you can build a farm to fatten them in age 1 with your free building anyway.
- Warchief is a walking cannon: crackshot wins age 1 fights vs pets and nats, 15% hp aura is insane, with a bit of micro can literally solo kill 5-7 musketeers.
- Age up politicians are better than any other civ because of the free travois.
- Longhouses provide more population per cost than other civs, excepting India.
- Aenna are fast & cost effective
- Insane infantry upgrades
- Forest Prowlers = Skirmisher demigods
- 4 Kanya
- ...6 Kanya
- Running out of resources? Guess it's time to dance for travois and get really cheap farms/plantations!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dont forget their resource big buttons, 4 light cannon and infinite 1500 res card.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

jgals wrote:
yemshi wrote:Dyddyd is a PR 32, so doesn't surprise me.

Well I have successfully bbd a 30 otto before. And it really felt like my micro was perfect those games vs dyddydd I wish there were more good recs for iro anyone know of any?

Man, dyddy used to be brigadier, he just outplayed you super hard lol.
You can find Iro recs on pkclan.net anyway.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

@deleted_user
I think double travois at the start for iro could work if crate randomness was removed (no additional crates on top of the 400 starting food but 2 travois, of which one can turn into a TP).
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

gamevideo113 wrote:@deleted_user
I think double travois at the start for iro could work if crate randomness was removed (no additional crates on top of the 400 starting food but 2 travois, of which one can turn into a TP).

Yes but unfortunately fixed crates is not ever going to happen.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Yes but unfortunately fixed crates is not ever going to happen.

:cry: :cry:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ye that would be the next step if the random 100w would prove too op.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Well, I, for one, feel like their starting crates are pretty much perfect right now. The 14v age up compensates reasonably well for the lack of an early TP in most situations.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

You can't age 14v with gold start, and not always on food start unless you get other food treasures.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

what about giving them 700w 700g 700f?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:what about giving them 700w 700g 700f?

Well the thing is they don't really need a buff. They're fine as they are on TP maps, and +100 resources wouldn't make them any better on no TP maps.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

You can always age with 14v on the food start and sometimes even on other starts with good treasures. Whether it is good or not, it's another story. By my testing it is reasonably good on some situations.
Personally I think the 14v is mostly a way to get the advantage of the fast age (to some extent) but with crates and messenger option to age to fortress.

700x crates I think were considered at some point but probably Iro don't need it. I mean it's not even a big change but this is an opportunity to stick as much as possible to the original game.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

14v age up is great because it allows you to have 4 kanyas at 4:50.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:14v age up is great because it allows you to have 4 kanyas at 4:50.

Which sometimes is really good but many times useless
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Which is always really good.