Spanish Discussion Thread

Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Re: Spanish Discussion Thread

Post by Dsy »

If you want make rodelero light infantry type unit, it needs a counter. So heavy inf goons should have multiplier against them. It would be a huge nerf to rodeleros, not a buff. :D
No Flag plhitorek
Crossbow

Post by plhitorek »

I think spain should have a way to play in colonial. What about little buff to make spain good pike/xbow civ. Maybe buff wood gathering or make def and attack card for upgrade xbows too.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

plhitorek wrote:I think spain should have a way to play in colonial. What about little buff to make spain good pike/xbow civ. Maybe buff wood gathering or make def and attack card for upgrade xbows too.

That is not going to happen. We don t want to change the meta.
No Flag plhitorek
Crossbow

Post by plhitorek »

So the spanish meta is always go ff? Spanish must have a good option to stay colonial.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

You cant make xbow/pike rush without 400 wood politician. You cant really do any sort of push in colo without that. Colo late sucks aswell cause spanish eco not good at all. FF is equal with other civ ones in a short period thats good for an early ff push, but once u lose some army or your cannons you lost the game.
Maybe people fear from piroshiki cause his ff is strong, idk... But that ff isnt a normal ff. Skip villagers to be faster and more mass in very early timing. Its kinda all-in, but i agree its really strong.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
plhitorek wrote:I think spain should have a way to play in colonial. What about little buff to make spain good pike/xbow civ. Maybe buff wood gathering or make def and attack card for upgrade xbows too.

You don't have to change, you can just expand to both ff and colonial. Some unique xbow rod would be nice, idk how strong it is now but prob still loses to musk huss cause xbows suck. But idk how to make the hand inf att into archaic inf att
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I think that making spanish playable is just a hopeless pursuit. It would be fairly easy to do, but you would have to make some really big changes to the civ.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

this is the annual joke.
dont change the meta? so you nerf iro from the top civ to garbage? if you dont change the meta why do we need a fan patch? at least i can find some games in RE quicksearch now.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Darwin_ wrote:I think that making spanish playable is just a hopeless pursuit. It would be fairly easy to do, but you would have to make some really big changes to the civ.

"making spain playable" will change the meta so this wont happen.
you say iro otto? lol we dont have them in aoe3 now.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Couprider wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

this is the annual joke.
dont change the meta? so you nerf iro from the top civ to garbage? if you dont change the meta why do we need a fan patch? at least i can find some games in RE quicksearch now.

Balancing civilizations is not what the team is referring to by "changing the meta"; the idea rather is to not alter the way in which a civilization is played, unless necessary.

In other words, it does not relate to the civilization-selection meta, but rather the gameplay or build-order meta.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

It's fairly evident that we are all divided about Spain. Safest solution is to return Spain to nilla status with some small nerfs.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Couprider wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

this is the annual joke.

Iro isn't garbage. You just need some skills to play them (and most iro players don't have it).
Spain is currently playable, I can beat pr36+ with this civ while there was no way I could beat a good player as dutch on the RE.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Couprider wrote:
Show hidden quotes

this is the annual joke.

Iro isn't garbage. You just need some skills to play them (and most iro players don't have it).
Spain is currently playable, I can beat pr36+ with this civ while there was no way I could beat a good player as dutch on the RE.

QQ截图20160117143333.jpg
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Nobu is god confirmed
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Couprider wrote:
Show hidden quotes

this is the annual joke.

QQ截图20160117143333.jpg
[/quote]
He doesn't beat good players. Takuman, banyboy lol...
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I wanna see who beats pr36+ japan (who can play this civ) as spain! :D
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

takuman did beat with spain acergames japan
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dsy wrote:I wanna see who beats pr36+ japan (who can play this civ) as spain! :D

I might have some recs of beating dydyd japan with spain
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Show hidden quotes

this is the annual joke.

QQ截图20160117143333.jpg
[/quote]
He doesn't beat good players. Takuman, banyboy lol...[/quote]

Haha dont bs urself man.. Ye the semi is strong if u let it, till ppl figure out how to beat it and iro will have really no way to win. And u know this. Iro semi really isnt harder than fre semi, which is quite easy, iro isnt harder at all or easier than on re, just instead of many viable strats, they only have 1 now.

Couprider is right, the meta argument is total bs... But anyway spain colo is not bad at all, just not great either. Its not like chinas colo which just quite bad.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Well, people haven't figured out how to beat iro atm so that's ok.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Dsy wrote:I wanna see who beats pr36+ japan (who can play this civ) as spain! :D

piroshiki did beat H2O twice
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Does a pr40+ lose PR when they beat a pr25?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

iNcog wrote:Does a pr40+ lose PR when they beat a pr25?

No.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

^then the elo page posted by couprider makes no sense to me! :p
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag bepsi
Musketeer

Post by bepsi »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsONGvFMIVo