Spanish Discussion Thread

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Spanish Discussion Thread

Post by deleted_user »

can we buff spain? they are really bad in team games atm. i know its hard to balance team but atleast it canbe tried
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

How do you buff this civ in next patch?
Are you still planning to give priest attack effect without card?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

is there a "next patch"? lol
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Couprider wrote:is there a "next patch"? lol

Yeah. It was coming soon 2 months ago. :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

:ship: :ship: :ship: :ship:
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

buff rodolero hand atk to nilla and make shipments arrive 10 seconds faster. Thats legit like all you have to do.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

:ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship: :ship:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Should "Spanish Gold" be changed in any way?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Probably reverted. Was a nice try, but really not worth the big difference from RE.
Spain do need a little buff. A general nice buff would be to increase the exp requirement discount, just like on Nilla. If proven too strong I propose to compensate by nerfing the secondary units shipments back to RE status (4-> lancers, 6->5 rods, 8->7 rods).
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

keep spanish gold for teamgames, or just give them 1kgold, dont see how 1k gold is an issue anyway
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I find spain pretty unique and fun to play. Its kinda unfortunate that they dont really have the greatest diversity or strength of unit shipments in age 3, but I suppose that is an inherent characteristic of them. I think if you were to buff spain, it should be a slight buff.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Garja wrote:big difference from RE

It's one card, no? Neat, kind of niche, no real consensus on it's viability or not. It addresses a civilization weakness. These are the changes I like to see in EP.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

You could also characterize it as
- redundant
- standardizing
- changes the game at a design level
- makes the list of ep changes overwhelming for people looking to pick ep up (again).
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Out of the last big changes made this one is the most reasonable. I still think the no gold crate is sort of a main feature of Spain. I don't really mind this card. I find it funky and too strong on paper (after just 3 cards it's 1.2k gold) but not something that breaks balance significantly enough to bother. It actually put Spain in line with the mid-game spam of 5bank Dutch or China eco FF, French semi, etc.
It just does that artificially aligning Spain with the same boring meta.
I think the shipment rate buff was worth some testing, especially because it could also buff colonial play.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Does anyone have any opinion on its strength?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:Does anyone have any opinion on its strength?

Garja wrote: It actually put Spain in line with the mid-game spam of 5bank Dutch or China eco FF, French semi, etc.
It just does that artificially aligning Spain with the same boring meta.

Basically it makes competitive with those civs at least. Doesnt add much to other builds that involve extra cards before fortress (4 card semi FF, atp strats, etc.).
Best build is basically 700g 5v 700w SG 1k wood etc. with multiple building spam + unit cards.
Image Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

I think unction is a bit underused in the current spanish meta considering the buffs it recieved. Spanish gold seems alright overall, more or less like an 8 vill shipment (probably a bit stronger).
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

zoom wrote:Should "Spanish Gold" be changed in any way?

Imo revert, also revert the priests. As others said, was a nice try but no one actually used them, its better to just go back to re then leave the civ with a bunch on random changes that aren't used ingame.

Btw, I consider spain to be in a good spot atm (ignoring spanish gold and priests), and from previous tournaments looks like people agree, since they were even picking spain first. (and the counterpick was oto double rax, who just got a nerf in jans)
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

lemmings121 wrote:

Imo revert, also revert the priests. As others said, was a nice try but no one actually used them, its better to just go back to re then leave the civ with a bunch on random changes that aren't used ingame.

Nobody uses Spanish Gold? I feel like a lot of players use Spanish Gold nowadays, here you can watch a Spanish Gold build straight from _H2O: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kabefJ2BzEA
momuuu wrote: ā†‘theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

People don't use Spanish gold only because they're afraid or lazy to try new builds. It's also a bit harder to do compared to the no-brain spain ff, because it makes you more vulnerable in early fort and it makes the macro a bit harder. But it's definitely a really good card and it adds depth to the civ in some cases.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Unction buff is totaly fine, sligthly more viable but less OP
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lemmings121 wrote:

Btw, I consider spain to be in a good spot atm (ignoring spanish gold and priests), and from previous tournaments looks like people agree, since they were even picking spain first. (and the counterpick was oto double rax, who just got a nerf in jans)
If they are underused, is it possible they are simply too weak?
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

zoom wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:

Yes it is possible, I wont pretend that i know everthing :P
but I'm not sure, maybe just not popular. similar to aztec that is agreed to be a solid civ, that almost noone plays.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

zoom wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:

Are you referring to missionaries or the Spanish? In case you were talking about missionaries, i'd hardly argue that they are too weak. People are just too lazy to try new builds imo. They know spain as a FF civ and that's all they will keep doing. With 10 missionaries spain can compete with any civ in colonial imo (we're talking about 48% damage boost and healing between fights for 1 :ship: , 600 :wood: and 500 :coin: ), as long as they manage to get the missionaries out, which shouldn't be too hard really.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Both. Thanks.