Spanish Discussion Thread

No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

Re: Spanish Discussion Thread

Post by drumal »

Missionary and rods buff, dont touch their eco. Save Spain uniqueness.. just make them decent at least with their own stuff
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Atomiswave wrote:@Jerom
Yeah, but i think many of us agree Spain is the lowest tier. Ok, maybe not the worst, but near bottom. Missionary buff is sorely needed for colo, and age 3 shipments.... idk, when I think of it, if they give 5 Lancers, Spain will have op cav shipments. Maybe buff pike shipments to give people incentive to upgrade them via cards in conjunction with rods.

I personally dont think spain need a buff that badly in 1v1. Theyre kinda a one trick pony but their one trick is very decent.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

I was thinking that the wardog should get a small LOS increase.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Victor_swe wrote:I was thinking that the wardog should get a small LOS increase.

+1
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Yes and PLZZ make spain shipments arrive like 5-10 seconds faster, it would allow age 3 to be 1 vill earlier witouth idling the TC
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

I think it would've been great for balance if you made unction active without having to send a shipment. 2100 resources for 60% more damage for your army is a big investment already, let alone sending a colonial age shipment.

You could also increase the limit for war dogs to 10 and buff 10 pikemen to 11, 7 rods to 8.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

10 war dogs would be op if you will have res to make it

dont need any buff in pike shipments imo, i rather want to see free vet upgrade for rods to increase their usability and also the nilla xp bonus
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Unction should decrease missionary cost by 50w, or just make them cost 200c. This would make it much easier to do some colonial play with Spain backed off the cost effectiveness provided by unction. The main problem with them as they are is that they cost wood and thus can't be invested in until later in the game. This wouldn't really be that good in 1v1 still I think but would make them much better in team.

Additionally I think a cool concept for Spain would be to give them a powerful coin trickle in colonial, similar in power to India's second wood trickle. This allows them to translate their shipments into eco more effectively. You could just repurpose that crappy card that gives their galleons a gold trickle for this purpose.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

yurashic wrote:I think it would've been great for balance if you made unction active without having to send a shipment. 2100 resources for 60% more damage for your army is a big investment already, let alone sending a colonial age shipment.

You could also increase the limit for war dogs to 10 and buff 10 pikemen to 11, 7 rods to 8.

You really think that spain would be balanced with free unction, +5 dogs, +1 pike, +1 rod lol ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Kaiserklein wrote:
yurashic wrote:I think it would've been great for balance if you made unction active without having to send a shipment. 2100 resources for 60% more damage for your army is a big investment already, let alone sending a colonial age shipment.

You really think that spain would be balanced with free unction, +5 dogs, +1 pike, +1 rod lol ?

Of course not, rods are already buffed which is a good decision. If you ask me, it would be nice to see 5 lancer card and maybe small pike shipment buff. Those along with unction buff will make Spain competitive again.
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

Post by drumal »

rods buffed u mean +1 shipment or there is some stats change?
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

drumal wrote:rods buffed u mean +1 shipment or there is some stats change?

Yes, I was referring to +1 shipment change.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

If we're gonna buff unction please reduce the missionary train time it's pretty long
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

ovi12 wrote:If we're gonna buff unction please reduce the missionary train time it's pretty long

Or buff missionary stats so it doesn't die so easily.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Both those things are fine. Missionaries only cost bit too much. Probably they're not being changed anyway, or they may end up being changed and then probably reverted cause they will be proven OP.
Image Image Image
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I think maybe buffing the 8 pike age-up to 10, the 4 huss to 5, and make the 4 lancer shipments infinite. Maybe an XP trickle buff would also be good. For the most part, the main problem with spain is that they are an agressive civ, but are pretty slow. I think making it so that spain only has to send 1 fortress age shipment before they push woul be nice. With a 10 pike age up, 10 musks in transition, an 8 pike shipment in colonial and a 2 falc shipment, they would be pretty strong. But now, they can only push imediatley with 10 fewer pikes, and a shipment in the bank.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Garja wrote:Both those things are fine. Missionaries only cost bit too much. Probably they're not being changed anyway, or they may end up being changed and then probably reverted cause they will be proven OP.

It'd be a nice change for spain in teamgames though.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

It's not about being nice, of course it is. Just it will be an unecessary buff.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Its not unnecessary with regards to teamgames, however.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

I have started to play Spain, and I definitely think they don't need a buff, this civ seems to be totally fine atm.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Jerom wrote:Its not unnecessary with regards to teamgames, however.

Honestly in team games (3v3 atleast) Spain should be same if not better than 1v1. Dunno how people play it to say that they're weak in team.
Image Image Image
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Garja wrote:
Jerom wrote:Its not unnecessary with regards to teamgames, however.

Honestly in team games (3v3 atleast) Spain should be same if not better than 1v1. Dunno how people play it to say that they're weak in team.

I think they are OK in team games, but I think they are better in 1v1 because of their composition diversity. Spanish units don't have anything special, but they fit really well together in 1V1. Meanwhile, in team games, people just tend to spamm only one unit, and there's nothing that spain can abuse. They don't really have an OP unit (like japan has ashigaru, otto has abus, germany spamm ulhan raids, mass lb brit is kinda scary too, france has cuirs etc.). The only good units they would have would be lancers, but lancers aren't great for raids which is definitely important in team games, and mostly, because team games tend to go for a lot of goons, which just rape lancers.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

well spain huss are pretty good
I guess it's just the fact that they don't have 400w, nor good unit shipments in colo, nor fast age up so they end up just marginally beyond other euro civs
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Not a great eco, mediocre goons, not the greatest shipment, no fast fortress. It's basically a strictly worse brits in team games.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Jerom wrote:Not a great eco, mediocre goons, not the greatest shipment, no fast fortress. It's basically a strictly worse brits in team games.

No ranged inf shipments, no good imp cards, Spain really falls short in current state.