Japanese Discussion Thread

United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Re: Japanese Discussion Thread

Post by HeatitUP_ »

I think it's alright because its not like the fast age up is that unique. I didn't know the golden pavilion was that big of an issue so this would solve it and not give some buff to your units just cuz you aged up lol
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Jerom wrote:Yumis get to a point of being ridiculous, but that's also why playing japan is so great.

I know 1+1=2 but I fear you think 1+1=3
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

I think too much food like almost every EP map has makes Japan just broken, remember Siberia on RE? Now almost every map is like Siberia for JP.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

But you have more accessible hunts for yourself and the maps are usually smaller. Although I am and have always been of the opinion that Jap is OP, just a personal feeling, you have to bear that in mind. I'd rather see some Yumi nerf, because them being OP is not fun at all, on the contrary of some people's beliefs...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The design is a bit over the top. At least its not all mirror matches or equivalents right now.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Siberia made Japan good not just because of Hunts. Also the free tower and insane treasures that Japan can get easier with the 2 monks.
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

tl dr nerf yumis next patch plz
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

n0eL wrote:Siberia made Japan good not just because of Hunts. Also the free tower and insane treasures that Japan can get easier with the 2 monks.

and the size of the map, sib is quite spread out.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

What about 300export cost instead of 400export for Portuguese consulate bows? It would give an immediate help vs rushes. This wouldn't make Japan OP or something, just make them not suffering so much vs early timings..
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Not a bad idea in conjunction with a pavilion nerf
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

nah its bad. if u want them to get bows out earlier you should buff how much they get from aging with the shrine, instead of decreasing the cost for the consulate army. they dont actually need it though. you just need to play less greedy as japan if you want to beat a rush and they are perfectly capable of playing that style.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

umeu wrote:nah its bad. if u want them to get bows out earlier you should buff how much they get from aging with the shrine, instead of decreasing the cost for the consulate army. they dont actually need it though. you just need to play less greedy as japan if you want to beat a rush and they are perfectly capable of playing that style.
Maybe you don't want protect yourself only, you would to protect your shrines too. I am always in trouble against aztec for example
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

I still propose a fixed 300w start. Makes life so much easier.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

I don't think boosting the shrine is a good idea. It brings back the bank back into play
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:nah its bad. if u want them to get bows out earlier you should buff how much they get from aging with the shrine, instead of decreasing the cost for the consulate army. they dont actually need it though. you just need to play less greedy as japan if you want to beat a rush and they are perfectly capable of playing that style.
^^^^^ this. People always complain "jap cant hold rush" which is just not true.....ofc if you go 600w 4 vil late double rax you cant hold, but japan is fully capable of holding a rush from just about any civ, just not going full shrine boom eco shipments.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

lol 300 export bows would actually make japan super strong. It would mean you get those besteiros immediately upon age up, because if I remember correctly you always have more than 300e once age 2

About golden pavillion, I think i would be nice if the 10% attack bonus scaled from base stats instead of current stats. Because in the end it's really not a 10% boost that you get but more like 15%
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

ye 300 export bows would be too op indeed
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

The bank is still in play honestly. Only reason it's not is because it's Japan's greediest option and they already can't get anywhere close to that level of greed without losing.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Ya, but with 100 more export it becomes so much easier
mad cuz bad
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Kaiserklein wrote:lol 300 export bows would actually make japan super strong. It would mean you get those besteiros immediately upon age up, because if I remember correctly you always have more than 300e once age 2

About golden pavillion, I think i would be nice if the 10% attack bonus scaled from base stats instead of current stats. Because in the end it's really not a 10% boost that you get but more like 15%
Considering the boost is 15% it makes sense that it's more like 15% than 10%.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
^^^^^ this. People always complain "jap cant hold rush" which is just not true.....ofc if you go 600w 4 vil late double rax you cant hold, but japan is fully capable of holding a rush from just about any civ, just not going full shrine boom eco shipments.

Holding and winning against that consistently while not opening yourself up to other builds is a second thing.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Whatever it would be nice if it didn't scale like this
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:

Holding and winning against that consistently while not opening yourself up to other builds is a second thing.

every build opens you up to another build, thats the beauty of rts... it would be boring if one build beat everything else. it would be bad balance.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

But I do think it'd be fair is some small amount of early game was added in its place. I mean, Japan doesn't seem OP at all tbh.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

That's why you scout Jerom......no one's saying Japan is op but they don't need a buff lol. Their units scale a bit too well lately which is why a golden pavilion nerf would be good I think