Re: Japanese Discussion Thread

Post by Mimsy for President »

Ok nobody took the bait :'(
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

There were a good amount of RE maps that had decent design (GP, Yukon, Sag, Sonora kind of, Andes, California, Yucatan, New England, Siberia) but they all had spawning consistency problems and many had some small but crucial errors. Carolina was actually a decent map, just needed one more hunt + standard resources too. The main issue was consistency and the distribution of resources favouring certain civs IMO.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

forgrin wrote:There were a good amount of RE maps that had decent design (GP, Yukon, Sag, Sonora kind of, Andes, California, Yucatan, New England, Siberia) but they all had spawning consistency problems and many had some small but crucial errors. Carolina was actually a decent map, just needed one more hunt + standard resources too. The main issue was consistency and the distribution of resources favouring certain civs IMO.

The maps really didn't have a good design. For those maps you listed: GP: tp route enough said. Yukon: Treasures, rush distance. Sonara: Would be a good map if you started with hunt and there wasn't randomly huge amounts of bison in the middle. Andes: The water version was one of the worst maps in the game. California: TP route. Yucatan: All monitorable. New England: Having ponds in the middle that you can put WS in is terrible design. Sib: Tower.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
forgrin wrote:There were a good amount of RE maps that had decent design (GP, Yukon, Sag, Sonora kind of, Andes, California, Yucatan, New England, Siberia) but they all had spawning consistency problems and many had some small but crucial errors. Carolina was actually a decent map, just needed one more hunt + standard resources too. The main issue was consistency and the distribution of resources favouring certain civs IMO.

The maps really didn't have a good design. For those maps you listed: GP: tp route enough said. Yukon: Treasures, rush distance. Sonara: Would be a good map if you started with hunt and there wasn't randomly huge amounts of bison in the middle. Andes: The water version was one of the worst maps in the game. California: TP route. Yucatan: All monitorable. New England: Having ponds in the middle that you can put WS in is terrible design. Sib: Tower.

Thats unigues
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Howdah

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

Thats unigues

That's one way you can describe imbalance i guess.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

britishmusketeer wrote:

You mean Andes with the rivers? Eh, still alright. Would be better if they had more (any?) shallows though (would basically be Kamchatka). If you're thinking about the shit long water map with berries that's araucania, and that map is horrid lol.

Sonora I said "kinda" specifically because the hunt is weirdly distributed.

Cali TP route is kinda bs, not much worse than some EP maps though. So is GP but that middle tp is a feature in a bunch of maps.

About yuc/NE: I know you think water is BS so I'm just gonna let those go.

Siberia is just a boom-heavy land map, not really an issue with that. I suppose no tower would be a little better, but still wouldn't change the way the map is played.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The tower on siberia was great for re: it made mine and hunt spawns consistently be in reach of something that could garison your vills. It kinda seems a bit too boomfavoring for current mappool though.

Rockies is actually one of my personal favorites, and I do really like sonora. New england is cool except for the ships in the pond. I can also appreciate himalayas quite a bit. Those are probably my favorite re maps.
Howdah

forgrin wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

You mean Andes with the rivers? Eh, still alright. Would be better if they had more (any?) shallows though (would basically be Kamchatka). If you're thinking about the shit long water map with berries that's araucania, and that map is horrid lol.

Sonora I said "kinda" specifically because the hunt is weirdly distributed.

Cali TP route is kinda bs, not much worse than some EP maps though. So is GP but that middle tp is a feature in a bunch of maps.

About yuc/NE: I know you think water is BS so I'm just gonna let those go.

Siberia is just a boom-heavy land map, not really an issue with that. I suppose no tower would be a little better, but still wouldn't change the way the map is played.

I don't mean araucania i mean andes with the rivers and the small choke entrance to your base. If on NE you don't choose a water deck/you lose the caravel war(basically luck since they fire randomly) you have basically lost the game. Sib is super favoured towards certain civs(jap china ect). At a low level these 'unique features' are good because it makes the games more fun but at a high level it just kills the competitiveness.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Great lakes is very very good if you get the winter spawn, the summer one is often shit
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Howdah

ovi12 wrote:Great lakes is very very good if you get the winter spawn, the summer one is often shit

True, although you can often spawn with only a few moose that are a long way from your tc.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

and you only have one silver mine
Howdah

yemshi wrote:and you only have one silver mine

yea or no mines at all xD
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

I think japan atm isnt the best civ espacially on tp maps, also when there are more tps for example hp you cant rly pick them anymore since you wont be able to get the tps or deffend them in the early game.
I would like to see yabusama getting buffed a bit because japan has most of the time no answere to a culv and i would like to see them beeing more used in general.
Overall japan seems still a bit 2 slow in most mus i would like to lower the cost of the age 2 wonder.
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Anyone playtested Japs vs Russia on esoc? Does Japan stand any chance with nerfed walls and Russian vill price reduction?
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Atomiswave wrote:Anyone playtested Japs vs Russia on esoc? Does Japan stand any chance with nerfed walls and Russian vill price reduction?

Come test with me. I play japan u russia. XD
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Atomiswave wrote:Anyone playtested Japs vs Russia on esoc? Does Japan stand any chance with nerfed walls and Russian vill price reduction?

they didnt really stand a chance on RE tbh
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

a slight yumi scaling nerf is all sufficient for japan if not then no nerf at all, they have a fair few counter civs
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

If Japan can just mass tons of Yumi then they're set in a lot of situations. Ashi are not as good as they were before the last RE patch came out.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Hazza54321 wrote:a slight yumi scaling nerf is all sufficient for japan if not then no nerf at all, they have a fair few counter civs

Then they deserve small buff.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Yumis get to a point of being ridiculous, but that's also why playing japan is so great. I think maybe the golden pavillion is a bit over the top in strength. Could compensate for nerfing it by making it give an extra yumi or something.
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

Jerom wrote:Yumis get to a point of being ridiculous, but that's also why playing japan is so great. I think maybe the golden pavillion is a bit over the top in strength. Could compensate for nerfing it by making it give an extra yumi or something.

Or you could get rid of the golden pavilion and give them a fast age up option. Just make the golden pavilion completely useless other than being a building and let it be built really fast.
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

HeatitUP_ wrote:
Jerom wrote:Yumis get to a point of being ridiculous, but that's also why playing japan is so great. I think maybe the golden pavillion is a bit over the top in strength. Could compensate for nerfing it by making it give an extra yumi or something.

Or you could get rid of the golden pavilion and give them a fast age up option. Just make the golden pavilion completely useless other than being a building and let it be built really fast.

That idea is quite extreme. My idea is just a tiny tweak of the japan civilization that should help out team japan in particular.