Japanese Discussion Thread

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: Japanese Discussion Thread

Post by Hazza54321 »

Couprider wrote:in history, japanese bow, aka "yumi", has LOW range but high damage.
so we should give yumi archer 1.5 rof (like iron troop), but 14 range.

lol
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

EleGiggle
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Hazza54321 wrote:Still think the way of the bow nerf is stupid, pavillion of colonial stats sounds better, might need a small buff to compensate though

This.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Jerom wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Still think the way of the bow nerf is stupid, pavillion of colonial stats sounds better, might need a small buff to compensate though

This.

+100f? What would you want to compensate?
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Darwin_ wrote:
Jerom wrote:

This.

+100f? What would you want to compensate?

Fixed 300w start
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

fixed 300f 300w start.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

gibson wrote:fixed 300f 300w start.

don't you mean 400 or 500f?

I mean I like fixed 300w start but the civ wouldn't require as much adaptation as it does with a random start.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

if they get 400 or 500 than yea 400. For some reason i thought they either got 300 or 400
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

Ehh the problem with Japan is the way they are played, in fact the way they must be played, and played against. The fact that Japan has mini factories all over the map and can gather in base safely indefinitely means u have to constantly siege around the map and play a slow game, or go all in rush. For me, neither way of playing the game is particularly fun, particularly if the Japanese player decides to wall for days. While the creators had the best of intentions in creating a civ that can't hunt, I wonder at the possibilities that would arise from a Japan that plays like other civs. In such a circumstance, Yumi walls would be less prevalent, Japan would have to push out for hunt like any other civ, Daimyos would see more use and be more epic, and, most importantly, Japan wouldnt be a civ that wins by default due to having unlimited resources and the safest gathering in the game.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Thanks for your insight
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Japan wins by default :hmm:
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

gibson wrote:Japan wins by default :hmm:

If you don't contest shrines and stuff then yes
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Well, the same with Ports ā€” if you don't interrupt their boom, you will fall behind rather quickly!

Oh, wait, on RE Ports are OP... :hmm:
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Zhanson10 wrote:Ehh the problem with Japan is the way they are played, in fact the way they must be played, and played against. The fact that Japan has mini factories all over the map and can gather in base safely indefinitely means u have to constantly siege around the map and play a slow game, or go all in rush. For me, neither way of playing the game is particularly fun, particularly if the Japanese player decides to wall for days. While the creators had the best of intentions in creating a civ that can't hunt, I wonder at the possibilities that would arise from a Japan that plays like other civs. In such a circumstance, Yumi walls would be less prevalent, Japan would have to push out for hunt like any other civ, Daimyos would see more use and be more epic, and, most importantly, Japan wouldnt be a civ that wins by default due to having unlimited resources and the safest gathering in the game.

Honestly if you wanna keep playing this game with that mindset you should just prepare yourself to mirror every MU, then you won't have this problem ~~~~~
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

pecelot wrote:Well, the same with Ports ā€” if you don't interrupt their boom, you will fall behind rather quickly!

Oh, wait, on RE Ports are OP... :hmm:

Well yes, it's extremely difficult to halt the Portuguese when they get free tcs with age up
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

forgrin wrote:
Zhanson10 wrote:Ehh the problem with Japan is the way they are played, in fact the way they must be played, and played against. The fact that Japan has mini factories all over the map and can gather in base safely indefinitely means u have to constantly siege around the map and play a slow game, or go all in rush. For me, neither way of playing the game is particularly fun, particularly if the Japanese player decides to wall for days. While the creators had the best of intentions in creating a civ that can't hunt, I wonder at the possibilities that would arise from a Japan that plays like other civs. In such a circumstance, Yumi walls would be less prevalent, Japan would have to push out for hunt like any other civ, Daimyos would see more use and be more epic, and, most importantly, Japan wouldnt be a civ that wins by default due to having unlimited resources and the safest gathering in the game.

Honestly if you wanna keep playing this game with that mindset you should just prepare yourself to mirror every MU, then you won't have this problem ~~~~~

It's only Japan and India that are broken, really.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

forgrin wrote:

Where is the fun in that?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Zhanson10 wrote:
forgrin wrote:

It's only Japan and India that are broken, really.

So not Ports? :?

Atomiswave wrote:
forgrin wrote:

Where is the fun in that?

That's the point :idea:
Germany 666_X
Skirmisher
ESO: Einhornleiche

Post by 666_X »

I feel like someone in this thread should try to kite skirms :flowers:
risi12345 : jerom ist fine
risi12345 : u make sam epiki wuth 700 Wood one barak
Hardcoar : what does the following have in common? 1. tibia best team-player;. 2. noel top seed of anything. 3. this game.
Hardcoar : all are indications of a #stronkera
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

I never said ports were broken, just that they are very strong
No Flag born2believe
Skirmisher

Post by born2believe »

Zhanson10 wrote:I never said ports were broken, just that they are very strong

Ye... you only said they beat otto. :!:
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

japan sucks go buff them
fixed creat start +100f age1
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

Is it technically possible to hide for the opponent the X2 in jap deck? or disappearance of X2 when the jap player chooses a card...
It is very easy to know what the adversary is doing without even scouting and from there japanese rush or boom are pretty easy to counter.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

yeah id say thats a big weakness too
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja