Ninja

Re: Indian Discussion Thread

Post by deleted_user »

:love: Damn, well said sirmusket :love: :love:
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

In all seriousness, I wonder what india would be like with a fixed 400w 100f crate start
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Reducing age up time for things that arent agra fort was a cool suggestion a few pages back.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Yeah I think on FP 1.2 all non-agra wonders built 10 seconds faster or so. IMO, I would just make all their wonders build faster cause a 10 second faster 10/10 agra would be nulled by the time spent waiting to actually have a shipment. I honestly have no idea which one would be better: faster wonders or fixed 400w start.

But, we also have to remember that India is very good in team, and also that India has shitty age 2 hand cav, but really good ranged cav. I think we need to buff sowar HP a fair bit and reduce camel attack, which would be a useful buff for 1v1 and also an appropriate nerf to zambs for team. Maybe also give Guhka 19 range in colonial and 20 in fortress, instead of 18 and 19.

Honestly though, I really do agree with the sentiment that India is not inherently weak in the current patch, and that all we need to do is figure out a different way to play India. We have seen some weird builds coming out of India that are pretty decent, like Jerom's stagecoach, Garja's Karni build, H2O's elifent-semi, and even (if I do say so myself) my Tower of victory build. But I dont know. I would like to see India balanced in some way, just because they are lacking some things in 1v1 that cant really be fixed by builds (like shitty hand cav/no good counters to artillery), while having some extremely abusable things in team (zambs, 10/10 agra, late-game elifents)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Fixed start is an ugly fix anyways so..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Fixed crate starts would be great if you're looking at it purely from a balance standpoint
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

If you apply it to all civs it is, but if you just do it for india its a little bit :(

It could probably fix civs like france, germany, iro, china and india rather elegantly though.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Jerom wrote:If you apply it to all civs it is, but if you just do it for india its a little bit :(

It could probably fix civs like france, germany, iro, china and india rather elegantly though.

China already has fixed start, it's arguably what makes them actually playable (could you imagine starting with coin?).

For civs that can start market, variable starts are fine. For all other civs it's just a straight up RNG nerf or buff at the beginning of each game. Giving these civs isn't an "ugly fix" as you say, it's fixing an ugly oversight from the game devs.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Darwin_ wrote:In all seriousness, I wonder what india would be like with a fixed 400w 100f crate start

I would also like to see China with fixed 400w crate. Not losing vill seconds on wood gathering for second village maybe just what China needs in order seed up age ups.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Fixed crate start(s) would indeed be a really nice step towards balancing many civs. However, some might object to it from a game uniqueness standpoint. Maybe have 2 possible starts with given odds for each spawning, instead of 4+ starts that are totally random.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Jerom wrote:I have no friends. You cant get 10k posts if you do. Besides I do not really care enough about india, they're loads of fun to play and have always felt pretty competitive to me. Interestingly enough I never really get the vibes that I lost because of civ when I play india.
An important point, it feels the same way to me. I always think "damn this civ is good but I'm not good enough to win with it."
India is a hard civ. That and the fact that people are only now exploring economic and semi-FF builds is the reason I prefer not to buff them right now.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

Goodspeed wrote:
Jerom wrote:I have no friends. You cant get 10k posts if you do. Besides I do not really care enough about india, they're loads of fun to play and have always felt pretty competitive to me. Interestingly enough I never really get the vibes that I lost because of civ when I play india.
An important point, it feels the same way to me. I always think "damn this civ is good but I'm not good enough to win with it."
India is a hard civ. That and the fact that people are only now exploring economic and semi-FF builds is the reason I prefer not to buff them right now.

Yeah, wait a bit.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Darwin_ wrote:Fixed crate start(s) would indeed be a really nice step towards balancing many civs. However, some might object to it from a game uniqueness standpoint. Maybe have 2 possible starts with given odds for each spawning, instead of 4+ starts that are totally random.

However right now I think china just basically spawns with 100 resources less because they dont get the random extra crate you sometimes have.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

Goodspeed wrote:

Obviously neither of you have played India vs RE France (or EP for that matter) semiFF that much :p

France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

forgrin wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:

Obviously neither of you have played India vs RE France (or EP for that matter) semiFF that much :p

With eco builds it's playable.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Jerom wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Fixed crate start(s) would indeed be a really nice step towards balancing many civs. However, some might object to it from a game uniqueness standpoint. Maybe have 2 possible starts with given odds for each spawning, instead of 4+ starts that are totally random.

However right now I think china just basically spawns with 100 resources less because they dont get the random extra crate you sometimes have.

Ah... Do you want to give them a extra random crate or an extra fixed crate?
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

forgrin wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:

I think that's more a problem with France than with India. CDB RR essentially makes it impossible for India to rush them and be in the least bit effective, and also goons are very good on RE.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

forgrin wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:

I feel like I've played more high level india games than you've played aoe games lol. India is my 2nd civ anyways, I've played them quite a lot really and india vs RE france is just not that shitty if you know how to play it.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

forgrin wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:

You live in your own little world, don't you? :biggrin:
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

FFS nobody can take a joke on these forums @jerom @gh0st

Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

forgrin wrote:FFS nobody can take a joke on these forums @jerom @gh0st

Seriously, this forum is never gonna end, so please, clearly Forgrin is confident with his India, [spoiler=spoiler]when he not losing to me[/spoiler] to verse Jerom, so mirror it boyz, I'd be more than happy to cast it
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I dont want lag, could you maybe not cast it instead?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Do you have to play a mirror? That wouldn't tell us anything about balance.
How about play the same MU twice and switch it around.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

It'd be irrelevant either way lol, not worth the time.

Ive been convinced the first thing Id test with india is non-agra wonders -10 seconds build time. Then Id test 700w 700g and then Id do the zamb thingy.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Jerom wrote:I dont want lag, could you maybe not cast it instead?

lol, If I'm at my other house my internet is completely fine, even forgrin knows that, im always full green wit him, you just trying to avoid the embarrassment on stream of getting whooped by the mighty forgrin