Indians Discussion Thread

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: Indian Discussion Thread

Post by deleted_user0 »

eh the extra food crate which you sometimes get or not is really quite irrelevant...

Also, stop ridiculing other posters jerom... gosh, so toxic :maniac:
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

LOL. Yeah but really, I suggested both 400w and 300w due to the extra food crate. Maybe they could get two possible spawns or smth.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

India need something to speed up their colonial or fortress time perhaps 700w 700g?
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Hazza54321 wrote:India need something to speed up their colonial or fortress time perhaps 700w 700g?

Mmm
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

They just need some lag so you can attack-move sepoy mass and always win!
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

forgrin wrote:They just need some lag so you can attack-move sepoy mass and always win!

Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Pls just fixed crate start and buff sowar hp a little. Coin crate start is pretty much gg I feel in some matchups.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Darwin_ wrote:Pls just fixed crate start and buff sowar hp a little. Coin crate start is pretty much gg I feel in some matchups.

Bad idea, maximum change which I would personally endorse is small zam arty multiplier through desert terror card.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Nah that's too good for team games. Artillery isn't really their problem. I have been playing them on EP a ton, and I defintetly think that their starts make them too inconsistent compared to other civs, and that sowars are one of the worst age 2 cavalry units, even with 3 cards.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Darwin_ wrote:Nah that's too good for team games. Artillery isn't really their problem. I have been playing them on EP a ton, and I defintetly think that their starts make them too inconsistent compared to other civs, and that sowars are one of the worst age 2 cavalry units, even with 3 cards.

Bear in mind that ep is primarily for 1v1. Only after 1v1 is in good condition, team play will be become main focus, which is much more difficult, near impossible to balance. There is also water that needs attention.

Talking about sowars, I agree, it's a bad hand cav unit from the get go. But carded, in most cases with cav attack and terror it becomes relatively good. Only problem is low hp, which means you need to micro em better in order to be most effective and you can't tank much damage.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Darwin_ wrote:Pls just fixed crate start and buff sowar hp a little. Coin crate start is pretty much gg I feel in some matchups.

Do you understand how fixed crates work?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

What in that post makes u think he doesn't?
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Jerom wrote:

Yes. China has them and no one complains.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Darwin_ wrote:
Jerom wrote:

Yes. China has them and no one complains.

Actually I know goodspeed when he realized how it actually works did kinda complain about it for example. It's actually an extremely ugly solution. Given that I'm not sure you get it:
If china starts with 300w and 200f, Dutch can start with 400c 100w (500 resources), or 400c, 100w 100f for example (600 resources!) so in the cases of an extra food crate spawn (40% of the time!) the other civ gets 100 extra resources, or china gets 100 extra resources 60% of the time. So either you give india +100 resources 60% of the time or -100 resources 40% of the time.

If it could work, I'd vote yes, but the way it works is so extremely ugly.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

That's not how it works...

The random crate is always given, the extra wood crate is given only in conjunction with a coin or wood crate. It's true if the other civ gets it they have an extra crate which China doesn't get, but if they don't get it, it doesn't mean that China suddenly has an extra crate... I'm not really sure how you even got to that conclusion. Godspeeds reasoning to give China random crates wasn't only very biased, it was also flawed.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

China never gets +100 resources vs Dutch lol.....
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

and this is why playing china is actually cheating
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Wut?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Well China exception does raise some balance problems since they always get an arguably good crate composition while all other civs have a distribution of good/bad/normal extra crates.
Bear in mind one of the Chinese crates is virtually an extra crate but it is fixed.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Nah they don't have an extra crate. There is really no reason but bias to say that... China has 5 crates. But Japan or india have same or more... a few euro civs have 5 too, Russia and twc civs have 5+ too (but 1v less) Its bullshit to say China has an extra crate... when there is no clear baseline

You can Only say that the fixer crate Isa wood crate. So base is 200f200w. But you can argue just the Same that the base is 300w 100f and the fixed crate is food. Crates are based on civ necessity, not on some universal code..
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

umeu wrote:Nah they don't have an extra crate. There is really no reason but bias to say that... China has 5 crates. But Japan or india have same or more... a few euro civs have 5 too, Russia and twc civs have 5+ too (but 1v less) Its bullshit to say China has an extra crate... when there is no clear baseline

You can Only say that the fixer crate Isa wood crate. So base is 200f200w. But you can argue just the Same that the base is 300w 100f and the fixed crate is food. Crates are based on civ necessity, not on some universal code..

200/200 china would suck so hard. It wouldn't even be funny.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Well it would be +100 res random. So sometimes it's like it's now, sometimes f or coin. And sometimes another 100f. Which would be slightly better, but not much really.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

china has 300w, but if china build tp first they don't have 3vill card.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

umeu wrote:Nah they don't have an extra crate. There is really no reason but bias to say that... China has 5 crates. But Japan or india have same or more... a few euro civs have 5 too, Russia and twc civs have 5+ too (but 1v less) Its bullshit to say China has an extra crate... when there is no clear baseline
They would have an extra crate relative to what the other civ would've had if they got the extra random crate. You see it depends on the perspective you're looking at it from. Either the fact that China starts with fixed crates helped them, or it helped the other civ, based on the other civ's crate start. If they get wood and an extra food crate, China is unhappy. If they get just coin, China is happy. It's about the difference between just a coin crate and a wood+food crate considering China's start is the same in both cases.

Remember how much stronger a civ gets when you give them +100w? Often it's the difference between an early TP and no early TP, which is game-changing.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Yes crates are based on civ necessity. India gets 4 base crates (5-6 with the extra one) and they have wood vills. Japan has 6 crates plus a random one which is actually quite a lot but they gather from berries only. China gets 5 crates everytime + a goat (worth like 50f by the time you age) and they have no unique restrictions on gathering or vill costing wood. So yes, one of those 5 crates is actually an extra fixed crate.
Image Image Image